Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VenugopalYour feedback matters!
Hi Is tegreitol 200 mg a cure for bruxcisim? how many years we have to take? will this medicine affet gamma gt level. Before this, was taking censopramplus10 past21 months
I am 39 year old, when I eat, laugh, press my upper part of stomach, body, drink cold water some green acid type saliva material come in throat. I also feel swelling in stomach. I am also suffering from acidic problem. Please suggest me what should I do?
I have a toothaque problem due to last teeth coming little bit in improper direction. What should I do.
I am 18 years old I have a problem in my teeth gums suddenly when I am working blood is coming through gums recently I started using toothpaste 'VANTEJ'(DR. REEDY'S) using that paste blood is coming rarely.
I have problem in my stomach and make me bad mouth. Sometimes I cant talk to people near to me. I am not sure whether the smells come from my stomach or gum problem. Please guide me.
I'm 25 year old I have muscle ache near my left jaws whenever I chew some chapati it pains very badly kindly wants a explanation sir.
I have mouth wound for over 1 month. How I will cure? Even I taken b- complex tonic, tablet but its not cure?
What is the solution for sensitivity in teeth? whenever I eat or drink something cold, I feel something like vibrations in my teeth! what could be the reason? and what is the solution for this?
While you might think that you are on track by brushing twice a day, but just doing that may not be enough. If your technique is not right or if you are using the wrong type of toothbrush, you are making your teeth vulnerable to infections and decay.
Here are the common brushing mistakes that can harm your teeth:
1. You do not brush long enough
The single most common mistake that people make while brushing is not brushing long enough. If you want to thoroughly clean your teeth, you should brush for almost 2 minutes. Experts suggest that most of the people with gum diseases did not brush their teeth for sufficient amount of time. Try using an electric toothbrush with a timer to ensure that you brush for 2 minutes.
2. You miss the important sites
Missing important areas of your mouth while brushing your teeth is also a common brushing mistake. Brushing should involve devoting an equal amount of time to all areas, targeting the inside, outside and chewing surfaces of your teeth, along with your gums, tongue and the roof of your mouth. Most people do not think consciously while brushing, making it easy to skip the vulnerable sites.
3. You use too much of paste
Using too much of toothpaste will not make your teeth cleaner. On the contrary, it might make you brush for a shorter span since too much of foam in your mouth can make you uncomfortable. For children, a small swipe on a toothbrush is enough and for adults, a pea-sized or marble-sized amount is more than sufficient.
4. You brush too hard
You may think that the more pressure you apply while brushing, the better it is. But that is not the case. Aggressive brushing can actually cause the gum tissue to come away from your teeth, leading to swollen gums and even bleeding. It can also result in tooth sensitivity or even loose teeth. Experts recommend that you should use a soft bristled toothbrush. Soft bristles tend to be gentle on your teeth and will flex more under the gum line, which leads to a more thorough cleaning.
5. Your technique is wrong
Brushing your teeth is not a race that you need to finish in time. By taking long, crude and haphazard sweeps back and forth, you are only going to harm your teeth. Concentrate instead on small areas at a time and brush gently in a circular motion. When you are at the gum line, remember to keep your bristles at an angle of 45 degrees and always brush away from the gums.
So, it is high time you change these brushing habits and adopt healthy dental practices for plaque free and healthy gums and teeth. Stay healthy, stay happy!
15 days back 2 front top broken teeth were removed by dentist. I also went to a general physician. But I am not getting any better. Will permanent denture for front teeth help?
I am facing problem of blood in gums while doing paste. I am 24 years old. And if pin point upon gums any time blood will come out. Please suggest me something also suggest paste name if any.
I am 44 year old.I am living in Hubli city.I want to implant molar tooths can you suggest me good doctors in Hubli and what is the cost?
If you want a healthy set of teeth, you must follow healthy lifestyle habits. There are certain habits that you need to follow strictly in order to keep your teeth healthy. Not maintaining proper oral hygiene puts you are at an increased risk of various oral diseases.
The lifestyle habits to maintain healthy teeth are:
- Brush regularly: Brush your teeth at least twice a day or if possible, after every major meal. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles so that you don't injure your gums.
- Flossing: Develop the habit of flossing your teeth on a daily basis, as flossing helps in removing food particles and other foreign substances stuck within the teeth cavity. It also does not allow plaque to accumulate in between your teeth.
- Avoid sugar: Eating foods that contain high amounts of sugar can lead to tooth decay. The bad bacteria that are present in the teeth use the sugar to form acids that erode the enamel of the teeth. Cavities may also develop in your teeth due to increased sugar intake. (Learn more Why You Should Stay Away From Sugar?)
- Visit the dentist: Most people delay their visits with the dentist as much as possible. Oral problems are not shown the level of urgency as compared to other diseases. Visit the dentist on a regular basis as untreated underlying conditions may lead to serious complications.
- Clean your tongue: Once you finish brushing your teeth, don't forget to clean your tongue. This is another aspect of oral health that most people miss out on. Bacteria can accumulate on the tongue leading to bad odor. Scrape your tongue using a cleaner to prevent accumulation of bacteria.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, then it is time that you quit. Smoking increases the risk of oral cancer and stains the teeth as well. You may also be prone to gum disease if you cannot ditch that cigarette now.
- Diet: Avoid eating junk foods as they are not good for your overall health. Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits as they contain vitamins and minerals that keep your teeth healthy.
- Reduce stress: Excessive stress levels can contribute to various periodontal diseases. Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation to keep your stress levels under control.