Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Venkatesh MurtyYour feedback matters!
A blocked nose is not only annoying, but is extremely discomforting. Several reasons can be held responsible for it and common cold is certainly not the only one. Some other reasons include:
Therefore, the remedial measures for blocked nose vary, depending on the cause that led to it. Some of the ways by which you can redress this problem are:
- Use a humidifier: Sinusitis is often held responsible for a clogged nose, a condition that is almost always accompanied by severe pain. In such a situation, placing a humidifier in a room proves to be extremely beneficial. This machine treats blocked nose by converting the water to moisture. This fills up the room and significantly increases the humidity of the room. Therefore when you breathe, the humid air soothes the inflamed blood vessels in the nose and helps you to breathe properly.
- Take a hot shower: When you find it difficult to breathe, a quick hot shower can go a long way in curing the discomfort. The logic that operates is the steam generated from the hot shower thins the mucus and also considerably reduces the inflammation in the nose, allowing you to breathe normally.
- Drink lots of water: Though the suggestion may seem incredible, drinking water actually helps in un-blocking that blocked nose. When you drink a lot of water, the mucus in the nostrils is thinned, at the same time it pushes back the accumulated fluids, thereby curbing the condition of blocked nose.
- Using a saline spray: This is one of the most ancient and trusted ways of treating blocked nose. By administering a saline or a nasal spray, the moisture in your nostrils increases and radically diminishes the inflammation.
- Use warm compresses: Using a warm compress has been the most reliable form of medication in times of high temperature and also at times of blocked nose. The compress that was dipped in hot water, when placed on the nose and forehead helps to unblock the nasal passages. The soothing effect of the warm compresses reduces the inflammation and facilitates the process of breathing.
I was having cough for 2 weeks and today morning I had severe pain on fore head. Like its tightening amd looses. Is there any remedy for the cough to be completely removed from the sinusitis?
I have a bad smell from my nose for a very long time can you let me know what can he done. I keep brushing twice, gargle with Listerine everyday.
I am 27 year old my problem can't listen criticize about self. How can I convince those person who criticize me?
I am suffering from vertigo what kind of food should I avoid. And I have some kind of ringing sound in my left ear what can it be?
I am 29 years old suffering from sinusitis since 3 or 4 years, shown to ent specialist and done x ray and ct scan which shows opacity in left axillary sinuses, I don't want to undergo surgery please suggest ne treatment for it.
If you take Nagkeshar powder and Shubhra bhasm, mixed in required ( as per strength of disease and patient) proportions and this mixture is licked with honey or taken with water along with some optional herbomineral combination/s and 'Nasya'- drop or powder to be inhaled then Epistaxis- the blood from nose- may be controlled effectively by Ayurveda.