Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Veena K.R.Your feedback matters!
According to Ayurveda, Panchakarma therapy aims at detoxifying the human body. “Pancha” means five and ‘karma’ means treatment. This comprises of 5 methods that are used to address the troublesome ‘doshas’ in the body. The excess doshas would be expelled and the ‘ama’ (toxins produced in the body) would be eliminated from the system through the body's own organs elimination channels (urinary tract, colon, sweat organs, digestive tract and the lungs).
The features of ‘Panchakarma’ include herbal enemas, herbal and oil massages as well as oil showers. Ayurveda prescribes Panchakarma as a regular treatment for the upkeep of mental and physical cleanliness and balance.
Similar to other medicinal procedures, for Panchakarma Therapy you must consult a qualified Ayurvedic physician who can decide the individual's ‘prakriti’ (established nature of the patient), the nature of the problem and the proper dosage of the recommended treatments.
This therapy makes use of a large number of therapies. Sometimes, a combination of two or three processes can be administered. The five different therapies are:
- Garshana: Garshana medications involve a dry lymphatic brushing of the skin either using a silk glove or a fleece. This improves blood circulation and cleanses the skin so that the oil and medication can seep naturally into the pores of the skin.
- Abhyanga: This home based oil massage helps the mind and body to unwind and separates the polluting influence as well as stimulate both blood and lymph flow. It helps in toning the body, improving circulation, restoring energy and providing relaxation.
- Swedana: It comprises of a typical steam treatment and is used to calm the head and heart, while the body warm. It also eliminates mental and physical toxins that are deeply embedded in the tissues.
- Pizichili: A non-stop stream of warm herbal oil is soothingly poured over the body by two Ayurvedic specialists as they back rub the body in impeccable harmony.
- Udvartana: This is a deeply infiltrating lymphatic massage which uses a paste to restore the natural radiance while eliminating other toxic elements.
Dr. Sharmila majumdar, sexologist
Since she gave birth, my wife has had no sex drive whatsoever. Despite many arguments between us, nothing has been resolved. So we can go on for months at a time with no sex! I have tried everything I can think of. Whenever I talk about the subject she ignores me. Eventually when I get some answers she says she is tired or too busy looking after our son or working on the house duties. I'm finding myself getting very stressed over the matter and feel my anger rising about the whole situation, please help.
Answer: wife sounds worn out and depressed to me and I think she ought to see a lady doctor about this. I do hope you can encourage her to get help as she obviously feels pretty awful. I realise this is awful for you too, but do try and be patient. You have made a child together and i'm sure you want to hang on in there, if at all possible, and bring up this little boy between you. What may help a little is if you difficult though it is back off a bit regarding sex and simply try to re-engage with her romantically. Can you organise someone to babysitter and take her out for a meal at least once a week? you are a short fuse and she is depressed. The result is a kind of stalemate.
From her point of view she may well feel that you are too grumpy and she can’t see why on earth she would want to have sex with you because the atmosphere is no longer very loving. You on the other hand probably feel that you would act in a more loving way if you were getting more sex. But you could start right away by trying to somehow recapture how things were before the baby was born. It's not very hard to recreate that magic before your baby was born, simple physical hugs) holding hands complementing her, sending her appreciative text messages, sending her some flowers to show how much you appreciate hear role as-mother. Get out for a weekend without your child and indulge in a lot of slow fore playing, engage in conversations with her, as women are more emotional and want that connect. Sending her flirtatious messages saying how much more you desire her. Try to get out on some weekend where you can tell your in laws or your parents to look after your son while you express your emotional and physical bond. Reassure her that you love her and also, want a bit of her attention to strengthen your bond as partners and parents.
With the above pointers certainly there is bound to be some improvement and the channel of communication will be more warm and fluid. If you encounter further issues you can always seek help of a sexologist.
I do urine test for pregnancy by prega news now it's negative I feel pain in my tummy and I also feel sign of pregnancy my last period is date is 9 dec I had sex on 16 dec I am pregnant or not and why this pain occur all is ok or not.
A night out with its fair share of drinks is enjoyable, but it is the morning after which tends to have the after affects. Hangovers are a problem with anybody who has had a drink too much the night before and it might leave you in an incapacitated state due to nausea, headache (learn more about the facts of headache) and dehydration.
Here are some of the known homemade remedies which can cure hangovers:
- Make sure you take a lot of water and fluids: After you have woken up after a night out where you had lots to drink, you are bound to have a hangover as alcohol is known to dehydrate the body. Thus it is advisable that you drink plenty of water and other fluids. Only water isn’t going to be enough as water can hydrate you but many of the other nutrients will only be supplied by juices, rehydrating drinks, sports drinks or other such. Thus it is important to consume a variety of these fluids.
- Eat a hearty breakfast: The longer you are with an empty stomach, the longer it is going to take the hangover to go away. Eating a hearty and filling breakfast will relieve the hangover to a great extent. However, eat foods which are easy to digest, such as cereals and toast. Avoid greasy and oily foods in the morning as they may add to the nausea.
- If you have nowhere important to be, go back to bed: If you have the time and nothing to do, then it is advisable to sleep (know more to improve the quality of your sleep) a little longer while you keep rehydrating yourself whenever you wake up. This is going to give your body the fluids it needs while resting is going to give it plenty of opportunity to heal itself.
- Eat ginger, both before and after drinking: Ginger has been used as a home remedy across cultures for centuries to treat nausea. It is thus wise to eat crystallized or candied forms of ginger, both before and after consumption of alcohol as it will lessen its effects on the body. You can take ginger the night after as well to reduce the nausea that comes with hangover.
- Stretch out and exercise a little: Between naps it may not be a bad idea to stretch out and exercise a little, which will help you release endorphins to make you feel better. However, ensure that it is light exercise so that the nausea and headaches are not exacerbated.
Period hua 28 th March Ovulaion date 10th April 9th April & 11th, April sex krne se pregnency possible hain? Ovulaion date se fatilise phase kite din tk hoti Hain?
Hi doctor. I am 53 yrs. And 73 kgs. No health issues. But nowadays feeling very low and tiered by evening. Feeling sleepy daytime. Can you help me y I'm feeling like this. Thanks.
I am 23 y old house wife. I have pregnant from 1.5 month for some day before I am feeling twisted in my stomach (like that marode) & feeling less hunger. Today I have use acilo 150 mg tablet, after tablet use I am going toilet every after 5 minute & feeling cool.
Hello I am 42 years old have and married women, I have irregular periods (sometimes twice in a month or sometimes more than 5 days (10 - 15 days) with too heavy blood loss (clots). This irregular is almost since 3 years. My sonography reports says normal no fibroids. This days I feel too weak during this days. Can I get to know the solutions for the same.
Hi my periods are delayed for 12 days. And ths has happened for the first time. Also I m. taking meprate from last 3 days. Pls suggest some medicine fr alternative for immediate periods.
I am 35 years old. I have a belly bulge problem (post delivery tummy). Please help me to get rid of it.
Meri age 22 hai or me kabhi kbhi smoke kia krti hu Once in a week Kya mera ye smoke krna Mere future pregnancy me koi problem create krega kya?
Diet For Summer season:
With the rise in global warming, the temperatures in summers are unbearable. The climatic change leads to many ailments. follow
Drink plenty of water throughout the day, as it helps in flushing out all the toxic matter from the body. Seventy percent of our body is made up of water, thus, it is necessary to keep our hydrated. Water is the major carrier of blood and oxygen to different organs of the body. It nourishes the red blood cells by providing them with nutrients.
Fruits and vegetables:
Include ample of fruits and vegetables in your regular diet. Eat fruits containing vitamin c, which will provide ample of energy. You can club lots of fruits and eat as a delicious fruit salad. Even blend some fruits to make fruit juices. Fresh fruit juices are a rich source of carbohydrates and vitamins that are beneficial for good health. Fruits like watermelon, plums, mangoes, grapes, pears, and berries are good to beat the summer heat.
Greasy and junk food:
Avoid food that is greasy, oily, and fried. The food that contains a lot of spices and pungent taste should be kept away. Do not consume stale or leftover food, as they contain harmful bacteria. Eat fresh food that is cooked just an hour before. Consume lots of steamed vegetables rather than relishing on fried and cooked veggies.
Cut down the drinks:
Cut down the intake of coffee, tea, or carbonated drinks. Minimize the consumption of alcohol during summers. The carbonated drink contains acids that make your more dehydrated. Even the caffeine in coffee triggers the dehydration in your body. Replace all these harmful drinks with buttermilk, fruit juices, and traditional drinks- sherbet prepared from Indian gooseberry, kokum, and raw mangoes. You may also enjoy herbal tea, which provides amazing relaxation and stamina.
Apart from this, you can take some extra efforts to beat the sizzling summers like:
- Opt for cotton full sleeves clothes to protect your skin from heat and sweat.
- Apply sunblock before you leave home, it will guard your skin against UV rays of the sun.
- Carry ample of water with you to keep yourself hydrated.
Keep some additional sweets to avoid loss of energy.
Hi, I am 20 years old female. Vegetarian. Does not drink milk. Under weight. Symptoms - weight loss Loss of appetite Excessive excretion after every meal Large liver Body weakness A few food like chilli cause indigestion. Initial diagnosis - ibs, irritation along stomach lining Treatment going on for 2 years with no improvement Gone through allopathy and Ayurveda and also homeopathy Permanent cough.
Hi doctor, I have one grey hair near vagina. Please advise if it is normal to have grey pubic hair and I am 25 years old working in mnc.
Emergency is helpful in preventing pregnancies post unprotected sexual activity. It can be used in case of contraceptive failure, in case of sexual assault, incorrect use of contraceptives and unprotected sex.
Emergency contraception can be done by three methods. These are emergency contraceptive pills, combined oral contraceptive pills and copper intrauterine devices.
The copper IUD is considered to be one of the most effective forms of emergency contraception, when it is inserted within 5 days of unprotected sexual activity.
However, the emergency contraceptive pill regimen as per WHO is:
1 dose of levonorgestrel 1.5 mg, or 1 dose of ulipristal 30 mg, taken within 5 days (120 hours) of unprotected intercourse
The Yuzpe regimen which consists of 2 doses of combined oral contraceptive pills
What is Emergency Contraception?
Emergency contraception is usually referred to as the contraception which is used to prevent a pregnancy within the first 5 days after an unprotected sexual activity. It is used post failures of contraception, coerced unprotected sex, rape or misuse of contraception.
Emergency contraception is only effective in the first few days after an intercourse and before the egg has released from the ovary, and before there is fertilization between the egg and the sperm. The emergency contraception can do no harm to an interrupted pregnancy and a developing embryo.
Who needs emergency contraception?
Any girl or woman who is at her reproductive age might need an emergency contraception in case of an unprotected sexual intercourse.
- Breakage, slippage or displacement of barrier methods
- Three or more missed OCPills for more than 12 hours
- Missed Mini pill for more than 3 hours
- Missed Desoestrel pills for more than 12 hours
- DMPA injections taken more than 2 weeks late
- Miscalculated dates of last period and present ovulation side effects
These are meant only for emergency contraception and NOT AS A REGULAR CONTRACEPTIVE. It involves pumping of a hormone inside your body at levels which are 5 times higher than normal. hence excessive and unnecessary use may cause irregularity in the period cycles and an adverse effect on the menstrual health over a period of time. Ideally it should be taken under guided medical supervision.
In what situations should emergency contraception be used?
Emergency contraception can be used after a sexual intercourse. These include:
In case of no use of contraceptives
If it is a case of rape or coerced sex, where the woman was not protected
When there is a contraceptive failure, like
incorrect use or slippage
3 or more missed combined oral contraceptives, progestogen-only pill (minipill) taken more than 3 hours late, desogestrel-containing pill 12 hours or more, norethisterone enanthate (NET-EN) progestogen-only injection taken more than 2 weeks late
Delay in placing or dislodgement or early removal of the skin patch or the hormonal ring
Breaking, dislodgement, tearing or early removal of cervical cap or diaphragm
Failure of withdrawal that is ejaculation the external genitalia or vagina
The spermicide tablet failure
Miscalculating the periods, failure from using a barrier on the fertile days
Expulsion of an intrauterine contraceptive device (IUD)
Methods of Emergency Contraception:
There are three emergency contraception methods:
Copper-bearing intrauterine devices (IUDs)
Emergency contraception pills (ECPs)
Combined oral contraceptive pills or the Yuzpe method