Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VathsalaYour feedback matters!
- Practice good hygiene. Wash your hands regularly to avoid the spread of bacteria and virus.
- Use a tissue and handkerchief. Don't cover your mouth with your hand while sneezing or coughing. Germs and viruses cling to bare hands and muffling coughs and sneezes often result in passing along the germs to others.
- A warm salt water gargle can temporarily relieve a sore or scratchy throat.
- Drink warm milk. Milk does not cause mucus builds up. In fact, the protein, calories and fat in the milk make you strong.
- Decaffeinated tea or warm beverages can be soothing and can help break up mucus.
- Getting enough sleep is vital for a healthy immune system. Resting when you first come down with a cold helps your body direct its energy toward the immune battle.
- Ventilate the room. Tb bacteria spread easily in small closed rooms where the air doesn't move. If it's not too cold outside, open the windows and use a fan to blow the indoor air outside.
- If you have a cough which lasts for more than a week, wear a surgical mask when you're outside and around people
I had an unprotected sex this Tuesday i. E 5th April, thou he didn't ejaculate in me, I took contraceptive pill with in an hour, my date is 16 April. Are there any chances of getting pregnant plus I have stomach pain. I took a pregnancy test yesterday it was negative.
Hi. I am 24 year female. I am having pcod problem from last 7 years. I got married 6 months ago. My last period was on 6th april. My pregnancy test kit has shown positive result on 24th may and my gynaecologist has done transvaginal scan on 24th may but it didn't show any sac or anything. I am really worried about my pregnancy. When does the sac or embryo can be visible in ultrasound? When should I go for ultrasound again? Please help me.
Aged 73 years, is a retired male living in Madurai, Tamilnadu. I am having the problem of passing urine.I am passing urine very little in day time and lot during nights. I have to getup every one and half or 2 hours. It disrups my sleep very much. I do not experience any pain whie pssing urine or otherwise.I will be glad to have your valuable adivise in this matter.
Hi doctor I'm married my wife says her breasts are aching she don't allow me to touch it or feel it even does not allow to take it in my mouth, may I know the reason? What should b done!
I usually have painful and heavy periods but the pains seems to be increasing than before and I also experience Nausea and vomiting during my period and the pains are so severe that I have to miss work always during that time of the month. I used to take Pain killers and it works but I stopped because the side effects I read on the leaflets. I also tried taking Ginger and it reliefs the pains almost immediately and also reduces my flow. Please I want to know if my situation is normal because I get scared ones its close to that time of the month? Thank you.
Period start date 23rd April Period cycle 27 day Kab sex krne se male pregnency consuve hone ki Jada chance hoga.
He had sex with his girlfriend last month she did not became menses. Does she become pregnant? Please tell me.
My roommate went to visit her boyfriend and had unprotected sex and she is freaked out as to which contraceptives to take. Please help its been 3 hours since they had sex.
Low libido or a decreased intimate activity can affect a relationship in a big way. In some extreme cases, the impact is such that it leads to irreconcilable marital discords. Time and again, an individual, irrespective of their age, sex or occupation can go through phases of low libido. Decreased sexual desire over a longer period of time needs thorough investigation.
It could be an indication of something big and serious lying ahead. 7 critical factors attributing to low libido
- Hormonal imbalance: Women, mostly menopausal and post menopausal, experience low libido. This is because during menopause, there is a significant drop in the oestrogen level. Reduced oestrogen level can have a huge impact on sexual desires and performance. It can also make the vagina dry, resulting in painful penetration and intercourse. Hormonal imbalance or changes during pregnancy can also result in low libido in females. In males, low libido has been found to be associated with decreased levels of testosterone.
- Stress: An individual's mental and emotional state is greatly reflected in their sexual performance. A sound mental health can enhance a performance thousand folds. On the contrary, factors like depression, anxiety and stress lowers the sexual desires in a person. To enjoy a healthy and normal sexual life, it is important to keep stress and chronically blue moods at bay.
- Sound sleep to the rescue: The benefits of a sound sleep are beyond imagination. A good 6- 8 hours of sleep can do your sexual desires or libido a world of good. A sleep deprived soul will be agitated and cranky, both on and off the bed. Continuous sleep deprivation can also lower the testosterone level, resulting in low libido.
- Medical ailemnts: Medical conditions like diabetes, cardiac problems, high blood pressure, or ailments of the coronary artery can rupture an individual's sexual life immensely. Improper functioning of the thyroid glands is another factor contributing to low libido. In such cases, it is best to consult a physician at the earliest. Rest Leg Syndrome can also contribute to low libido. It is a condition whereby a male experiences uncontrollable urge to move his legs.
- Smoking: A killer habit affecting a person's sexual activity is smoking. Drug abuse and drinking (to some extent) can be equally responsible for a low libido.
- Weight gain: A sudden change in body weight (gain or loss) can play a significant role in low libido. Take pride in your body structure. There is nothing to be ashamed of.
- Monotony: Boredom can mask your sexual life greatly. Break the monotony, take short breaks, go on vacations and low libido will be a thing of the past. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Hi, My right Fallopian tube has been removed. Yet i can not get pregnant. How it is possible to get pregnant again?
I am having white discharge issue too much I took. Some medicine also but I did not get any relif so kindle suggest some cure for my issue.
My wife is 24 years old. We have one baby of 2 years old. She is breastfeeding the baby. Since one month my wife is feeling some complications like weakness, headache, weight loss, fatigue, swelling on leg below the knee and wrist below the elbow. I consulted a lady doctor and also get check up the hgb test. Hgb level found above 11.5. The doctor recommended syrup for iron and some medicine also. Since my wife's leg below the knee and wrist developed swelling, the doctor recommended some medicine too. One month is over since consulted to the doctor. Swelling is under control now but my wife suffers consistently loose motion on every two days and develops gas too.
It is bleeding very lightly from yesterday. I had sex before a week and had unwanted 72 tablet. I had my last period on 22 sept again I had period on 7 oct and now from yesterday 22 it is bleeding lightly. Is it coz of pills? Anything serious? am I pregnant?
• Adequate calcium intake and a reduced risk of osteoporosis.
• A diet low in sodium and a reduced risk of hypertension.
• A diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol and reduced risk of coronary heart disease.
• A diet low in dietary fat intake and reduced risk of cancer.
• A diet high in fiber-containing grain products, fruits and vegetables and a reduced risk of cancer.
• A diet high in fruits, vegetables, and grain products that contain fiber, particularly soluble fiber, and reduced risk of coronary heart disease.
• Low-fat diets rich in fruits and vegetables, and a reduced risk of cancer.
• Healthful diets with adequate folate and a reduced risk of neural tube defects.
• A diet focusing on sugar alcohols versus regular sugars and starches and a reduced risk of dental caries.
• Soluble fiber from oat bran, rolled oats (or oatmeal), whole oat flour, or psyllium seed husk and a reduced risk of coronary heart disease.
• Soy protein as part of diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol and a reduced risk of heart disease.
• Diets high in potassium and low in sodium and reduced risk of high blood pressure and stroke.