Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
In Naturopathy, one considers the various natural elements as the main forms of medicine which are used by way of therapy for application on the patient in different ways so as to activate the obstructed points. Mud is considered as one of the most important elements of nature, and is widely used in Naturopathy.
This is called mud therapy. This article will tell you everything you need to know about it!
- Uses of Mud Therapy: Mud is one of the five earth elements that form the basis of all forms of treatment in Naturopathy. Mud therapy is used for many reasons including its cooling properties and the dark colour which absorbs all other colours. The cooling properties of mud make it ideal for use in a mud mask or as a cold compress to soothe inflammation of the surface of the skin. This mud pack can be used a cold compress when given the strong support of cool water.
- Types of Mud: The mineral elements of mud differ from place to place as the rock formation and constitution is different for different places. Black mud is the dark cotton seed oil that is rich in minerals and also has a thick texture that can retain water. Due to its thick consistency, pollutants cannot enter and contaminate it too easily. Further, Dead Sea mud is considered primarily as a beauty enhancing mud with many therapeutic properties as well. It has over twenty different salts and minerals including magnesium, calcium, bromide, silicates and even natural tar. It is best used for softening and cleaning the skin. Moor mud is an organically produced mud that is born from floral residue and has traces of herbs in it too. It can be absorbed easily by the human body and has many essential vitamins, fulvic acids, amino acids and plant hormones which can help in detoxification and healing treatments.
- Mud Packs for the Eyes: This kind of mud pack is particularly beneficial for those people who sit in front of computers screens for prolonged periods of time. You can smear a half inch layer after closing your eyes so that it cools the eyes when mixed with water.
- Mud Packs for the Abdomen: This mud pack can be applied on the stomach for at least twenty minutes or even half an hour. Further, you can put a blanket over it if the weather is too cold, so that better absorption happens. This helps in better digestion.
- Mud Packs for the Head: Applying these mud packs on the head can also help in giving relief from congestion and headaches.
It is important to know the consistency and measurement of the ingredients required to make mud packs at home.
What should she to avoid pregnancy. This time. She has already taken abortion pills 2 times in a period of two and half years. What is the best solution to avoid pregnancy now. Pls describe briefly.
Breast milk provides essential nutrients for infants and is a mix of nutrients, which include vitamins, proteins and fat that are necessary for a baby's growth. Apart from benefitting babies, breastfeeding benefits mothers too.
Here are 4 benefits of breastfeeding:
1) Provides nutrients and protection to the baby - The best food a mother can give to her baby is her breast milk. It helps your baby to grow and develop. Breast milk is custom-made by all mothers for their own babies and, thus, contains a perfect mix of essential nutrients. Breast milk contains a mixture of protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins and minerals, which are very important for the proper growth and development of the baby. It also contains many antibodies that reduce the chance of diseases and allergies. In fact, the milk's content changes as your baby grows to keep up with the infant's needs.
2) Convenience - The milk from breasts is always safe and fresh, and is precisely of the right temperature, which what makes it a convenient food for the baby. What's more, it doesn't require heating, boiling or sterilizing as such; and can be fed to the baby anywhere, anytime.
3) Benefits mothers - According to a research, breastfeeding, to an extent, provides protection against breast and ovarian cancer. It also serves as a measure of protection against weak bones in the later part of life. Calories are required in order to produce milk. So, breastfeeding helps to gradually lose weight after pregnancy as well. Moreover, breast feeding also defers the return of menstruation for a little while.
4) Continues the special relationship between mother and child - The bond between a mother and a child strengthens due to the intimacy and the closeness involved in breastfeeding. One of the remarkable facts about this is the more a baby breastfeeds, the more milk the mother produces.
Related Tip: Why is breastfeeding so good for your baby and you?
What is gastro endoscopy?
Gastroendoscopy is the visualisation of the oesophagus (aka food pipe), stomach, upper part of duodenum through a gastro-endoscopy. It is also known as esophagogastroduodenoscopy and upper gi gastro-endoscopy.
Gastroendoscopy is an outpatient procedure which means the patient can go home straight after the completion of this procedure.
What is a gatroendoscope?
Gastroendoscope is a highly sophisticated instrument which is having a shaft of 9mm in diameter. It has got a fibre optic bundles passed through the shaft to transmit the light to the tip and the image to the endoscopist.
The adaptation of endoscopes to video monitoring system has been developed to use in computer chip technology and now it is in routine use in all endoscopy suites.
What are the symptoms which could suggest the requirement of a gastro endoscopy?
- Acid regurgitation
- Dysphasia (difficulty in deglutition)
- Water brash (watering regurgitation in the mouth)
- Excessive burping and hiccups
- Pain in the abdomen
- Constant feeling of fullness of the abdomen
- Distention of the abdomen
How can gastro endoscopy help in medical diagnosis?
During routine upper gi endoscopy the entire oesophagus, stomach and prioximal duodenum are examined. And it is very useful in making the diagnosis of:
- Oesophageal cancer
- Oesophageal varices
- Gastric ulcer
- Gastric polyp
- Cancer of the stomach
- Duodenal ulcer and
- Any space occupying region in the upper gi system
What do patients need to do for a gastro endoscopy procedure?
Patient has to be fasted for 6 or more hours to ensure an empty stomach. And it is being done by giving a topical anaesthetic. The anaesthetic is applied to the pharynx (throat) to numb the gag reflex. Sedation may be required for the procedure.