Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Vasudha ShekharYour feedback matters!
Hello Sir/Madam my question is that I have some monthly period issues. How to solve this problem? Some times it happens early & some time later. Please help. Thanks.
I had sex with my wife on 9th day of her menstrual cycle without protection. Is if safe or any tablet need to be taken for her? Her periods are regular so what are safe menstrual days?
I am 20 years old. I am suffering from PCOD since I am 12 year old during my 1st period. I am also an animeya .2 years ago.
Hi,. We got married 5 years ago. No kids yet. I am suffering from pcos. I am on metformin, folic acid, ovubless, ecosprin. I got aborted in the month of September 2015. Doctor removed it stating that there is no heartbeat found. And from the past four cycles I am on siphene 150mg but there is no positive result. This cycle also I took siphene 150 mg and the egg grown 20mm and I took hcg shot. Now I am in day 25 of my cycle. In my previous cycles I experienced sore breast before cycle but this month I don't have any such, is it. Sign of pregnancy? Or does it mean something else? Also suggest me something that improves the chances of conception.
Hi Dr, Can you please provide me with detail info regarding rubella vaccine? Approx cost of this? How effective this is and any side effects of this vaccine? After how many days of vaccine can I prepare to conceive? Is this normal?
Cushing’s syndrome occurs due to abnormally high levels of the hormone cortisol. This can happen for a variety of reasons. The most common cause is overuse of corticosteroid medications.
Your adrenal glands produce cortisol. It helps with a number of your body’s functions, including:
regulating blood pressure and the cardiovascular system
reducing the immune system’s inflammatory response
converting carbohydrates, fats, and proteins into energy
balancing the effects of insulin
responding to stress
Your body may produce high levels of cortisol for a variety of reasons, including:
high stress levels, including stress related to an acute illness, surgery, injury, or pregnancy, especially in the final trimester
depression, panic disorders, or high levels of emotional stress
The most common cause of Cushing’s syndrome is the use of corticosteroid medications, such as prednisone, in high doses for a long period. High doses of injectable steroids for treatment of back pain can also cause this syndrome.
Other causes include:
a pituitary gland tumor in which the pituitary gland releases too much adrenocorticotropic hormone, which is also known as Cushing’s disease
ectopic ACTH syndrome, which causes tumors that usually occur in the lung, pancreas, thyroid, or thymus gland
an adrenal gland abnormality or tumor
Symptoms of Cushing’s Syndrome:
The most common symptoms of this condition are:
- weight gain
- fatty deposits, especially in the midsection, the face and between the shoulders and the upper back (causing a buffalo hump)
- purple stretch marks on the breasts, arms, abdomen, and thighs
- thinning skin that bruises easily
- skin injuries that are slow to heal
- muscle weakness
- increased thirst
- increased urination
- bone loss
- an increased incidence of infections
Women may also notice extra facial and body hair, as well as absent or irregular menstruation.
Men may also have:
- erectile dysfunction
- a loss of sexual interest
- decreased fertility
Children with this condition are generally obese and have a slower rate of growth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Not sure if there is anyone who is happy with their image, different people have different complaints. Fat thighs, fat upper arms, too thin legs, sagging breasts, pot belly, the list is just too long. While exercise and diet can be used to achieve overall fitness levels, they cannot produce the body shape that you have in mind (simulating your celebrity body part maybe). Almost all complaints revolve around the excess fat (in most cases) and about the quality of the skin.
However, there are various surgical methods which can produce results that are amazingly quick, effective, and safe. Body contouring is usually done by removing excess fat deposits and skin from various parts of the body. The skin also gets tightened during the process, also reducing cellulite. While most women complain about thighs and hips, men complain about their stomach area.
Some of the common body sculpting procedures includes:
- Arm lifts: With age, there is excessive fat accumulation and sagging of the upper arm, which can be corrected by removing excess fat. Contrarily, thin arms can be helped by using biceps implants.
- Tummy tucks: The excess skin and fat is removed from the tummy area and the muscles are tightened to produce a firmer look
- Thigh lift: Another common area of concern, the tone is improved by removing excess, loose skin.
- Pectoral implants: Can be used in men who desire muscular chests.
- Butt lifts and butt implants: These are used to alter the shape of the buttocks, either reducing it or firming it up.
In all these body contouring procedures, liposuction is the common technique.
Is it for you? If you are in overall good health with good thick and elastic skin, go for it. However, have realistic expectations by having a detailed discussion with the doctor. It will definitely help in fat removal, cellulite reduction and skin tightening; however, the key is to set a common goal and work towards it.
Sir my wife is 5 months pregnant. And some times we do intercourse in this condition. Is it harmful or can occur any problems for pregnancy.
Hypothyroid and PCOS. What food to eat and avoid? Currently on medications for thyroids and actively trying to conceive. Kindly advice of fertility rich foods.
Above things will give long life .
I am getting blood in pee. Why I am facing this problem. I am scared about my condition. This issue any symptoms for disease. Suggest me to cure. Thank you.
I am 41 years old and my ultrasound report says that I have very bulky uterus (andenomysosis) is therany treatment for this.
I am 8 weeks pregnant. I am having thyroid. I had my tsh 10.1. So I started taking 150 mcg. (Earlier I used to take 88 mcg) After 10 days my tsh level dropped to 3.5 but t4 level increased to 13.1. Should I continue with 150 mcg or should I minimize dosage. Kindly help.
I am a 26 year old married girl and have been married for 2 years 4 months. I have been planning to conceive for the past 3 months but all our efforts have gone in vain. We are not understanding the ovulation process and did consult the doctor but even after the advise I have not been able to conceive. My TSH is pretty high at 8.2 and am undergoing medication for the same and even my husband went for the sperm count test which has normal report. Can you please advise me about the ovulation process and the best chances to conceive.
The red and itchy sores in genital area, which can cause immense pain are genital sores. They usually spread through infection that has occurred during sexual contact. There may also be bleeding if rubbed or scratched. This is usually a form of sexually transmitted infection which can be caused due to dermatitis or other allergies. Genital herpes and syphilis as well as bacterial diseases like chancroid can also cause the occurrence of this condition.
Here are a few ways in which this may be treated:
- Medication: The general physician or gynaecologist can prescribe a number of drugs that can help in treating this ailment. To begin with, you may have to ingest oral antibiotics or antiviral medication that can ensure that the bacteria do not get a chance to fester, grow and spread. Corticosteroids can also be prescribed for particularly severe cases. Pain relievers can help in soothing the area and the blisters in the genitals, while anti itching drugs like hydrocortisone can ensure that you do not scratch the area which can also lead to bleeding.
- Surgical Removal: A particularly troublesome bout or sores can be removed with the help of non-invasive and surgical procedures depending on the severity of the situation. You may be required to go under medical observation for a few hours or days after the procedure to ensure that there are no complications or further cases of infection.
- Intermittent Treatment: After the initial treatment where you will most likely go through a week long course of antiviral medication, or three weeks of antibiotic therapy, you may have to go through antiviral therapy every now and then. This is especially recommended if yours is a recurring case. Doctors usually recommend the ingestion of pills for two or three days as soon as you start to experience the painful symptoms and eruptions.
- Suppressive Treatment: Very frequent outbreaks can make the doctors prescribe an antiviral pill a day, which will basically act towards suppressing an attack. This kind of treatment is especially helpful if you have had more than six outbreaks in a span of twelve months. This can bring down the risk of outbreaks by about 80%, as per medical studies. This can also reduce the risk of passing on the infection to a partner. If you are taking this kind of treatment, you should see your doctor at least once or twice a year too.
Taking home remedies like a warm compress or sitting in a warm tub of water with a few drops of antibacterial can also help. But you must see a doctor before treating these sores at home. You can also prevent the same by practicing safe sex.
Foods to avoid in case of acidity:
Spicy foods and thick curry or gravy containing red chilly.
Citrus fruits such as oranges and grapefruit as they are high in acid.
Full fat dairy products such as sour cream, cheese or ice cream.
Coffee, tea, chocolate and soft drinks.
Peas, beans, broccoli and cabbage.
Tomatoes and onions.
Raw salad vegetables like onion, radish, cabbage, and peppers.
Carbonated beverage which stimulate the stomach and irritate the esophagus.
Diet modifications advised for acidity and dates, figs, apple, papaya and pomegranate can be added to the diet.
Carrot leaves, celery leaves and curry leaves are helpful in controlling acidity. Vegetables like carrot and beet root are good for relieving acidity.
Spices like cumin seeds, coriander and cardamom should be taken.
Include barley, jowar and wheat in food.
A glass of cold milk is also helpful.
Almonds are also a good remedy for relieving heartburn and acidity.
Take some mint leavesand chop these, then boil in a cup of water and sip slowly after meals.
Eating bananas is also helpful in preventing the symptoms of acidity. Basil (tulsi) leaves help to get relief from burning, nausea and gas.
Eating cucumber or watermelon is useful to fight against acidity.
Ginger is useful for digestive disorders.
Drink 10-12 glasses of water daily.
Drink 1-2 glasses of lukewarm water early morning relieves from acidity.
Should not lie down soon after having meal.
Eat small meals in small intervals based on whole foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grain cereals and proteins such as chicken breast and eggs.