Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vasudha ShekharYour feedback matters!
Irregular periods for me I got married last year one time I got operation that is 6 months ago so how can I calculate dates to get pregnancy after periods what I have to do.
Hi. I am 28 years old. I am facing with less bleeding during periods. I am suffering with this problem from last 6 months. Normally I got 4 days periods. From last 6 months I got first 2 days bleeding is normal nd 3-4 days very less bleeding. 4 months back I started homeopathy treatment. After that 1 month it become normal. But again 3-4 days very less. After 2 months homeopathy treatment I didn't see any improvement. Then I changed the doctor. I got ayurvedic treatment. 2 months regularlythe I took ayurvedic medicine but still I didn't get any improvement. Even dis periods I found less bleeding on 1-2 days also. My thyroid is normal and my hemoglobin is 12.2. And I don't have any stress. What will be the problem. Pls help.
Hi from last 2 months I missed my Monthly cycle could you please tell me that what is the reason and I am not married I am single please suggest.
Vaginal discharge with cheese like smell. I am diabetic but diabetes under control. Fasting 4.7 and pp 5.3.I have irregular periods. period comes after 8 days or 13 days after I take bath. Recurrent vaginal infection itching burning. I use vaginal cream and fungal treatment after that good for some days but comes again. Please help me.
1. Eat fruits as they help you restore energy. Apples, mangoes, pomegranates, and pears are best suggestible. Avoid watermelon and muskmelons and also goosing on too many mangoes may cause pimples.
2. Have medium to low salt food and avoid heavy salty food as they are responsible for high blood pressure and water retention.
3. Eating watery foods like lassi, watermelon, rice, muskmelon creates swelling in the body. So, better opt for foods which are drying in nature like corn, gram flour, chick pea etc.
4. Foods such as brown rice, oats, and barley are the best foods one could have in this monsoon.
5. Body’s immunity can be increased by adding a dash of garlic to the soups, sir fries and curries you intake.
6. Opt for yogurt, curd and almonds in your diet instead of milk. Drink only boiled and purified water to protect yourself from harmful germs and drinking plenty of water keeps your body hydrated.
7. Consuming bitter vegetables like bitter gourd, and bitter herbs like neem, turmeric powder and methi (fenugreek) seeds help in preventing infections.
8. Consume drying oils like corn oil or light oil and avoid heavy oils like sesame oil, peanut oil and mustard oil as they fall in first place to invite infections.
9. People who face skin allergies during rainy seasons must avoid spicy foods. Spicy foods raise body temperature and stimulate blood circulation and it leads to allergies and skin irritation. Other problems such as boils, change in skin color dullness, rashes are also some skin damaging effects which arise in this season.
10. Avoid naturally sour foods like tamarind, tomatoes and lime in your diet as it promotes water retention.
11. Avoid too much of fish and meat this season and heavy curries and non- vegetarians should go for light meat preparations like stew and soups.
12. Astringent, mildly bitter and pungent foods must be best served this season.
13. Drink lots of herbal teas, especially those with antibacterial properties. These include ginger, pepper, honey, mint and basil leaves. Excessive intake of coffee and tea dehydrates body fluids so they must be better avoided.
14. Vegetables like cauliflower, potatoes, cluster beans, ladies finger, kidney beans, pigeon pea, and sprouted grains must be avoided.
15. Eat steamed salads instead of raw vegetables as they contain active bacteria and virus that cause bacterial and viral infections.
16. Have fresh radish juice to fight cold and cough. To reduce mucous formations add pipli and rock salt to warm water. This reduces the natural monsoon ailments.
17. Better eat seasonal fruits as non- seasonal fruits get infested with worms during the monsoons. Pomegranates, lychees, apples, bananas are among the recommended.
18. Avoid eating fried items, pre- cut fruits and juices from road side vendors and stick to high quality and hygiene.
19. People who suffer with arthritis should drink warm water with tulsi and dalchini (cardamom) on an empty stomach in the morning. Doing this improves bowel syndromes and also decreases pains in joints.
20. Always wash vegetables well and keep them clean especially if they are taken raw.
Hi I have all symptoms of yeast infection. It causes itching in the vagina and sometimes causes pain or burning when I urinate or have sex. I also have a thick, clumpy, white discharge that has no odor and looks a little like cottage cheese from last 4-5 days. I had only white discharge like water from my vagina earlier for many years. Should I be worried? Nand what should I do plz?
Edema means swelling caused by fluid in your body's tissues. It usually occurs in the feet, ankles and legs, but it can involve your entire body.
Causes of edema include:
- Eating too much salt
- Heart failure
- Kidney disease
- Liver problems from cirrhosis
- Problems with lymph nodes, especially after mastectomy
- Some medicines
- Standing or walking a lot when the weather is warm
To keep swelling down, your health care provider may recommend keeping your legs raised when sitting, wearing support stockings, limiting how much salt you eat, or taking a medicine called a diuretic - also called a water pill.
I took mifepristone and after 24 hours I took two tablets of misoprostol then after another 24 hours I again took 2 misoprostol. I started bleeding heavily and a 2 cm clot type something came out. Have I aborted successfully? I was 4.5 weeks pregnant.
I missed my period since 42 days .I think I am pregnant. .but the problem is that I don't get any symptoms of it till yet.
Tulsi, an incredible herb having highly beneficial medicinal properties. A powerful immuno booster, wonderful herb for respiratory system. Taking 2-4 drops of tulsi early morning works wonder on your immune system. You will never suffer from cold corrhyza, bloating problems. Tulsi has antibiotic properties, anti-inflammatory as well as anti cancerous properties.
Hello Doctor From some months my period coming irregularly. Once it comes only for one day. What I should do. T regular periods . Because from this. The hairs. Increased. On my face. I'm too much worried about. Tell me? What I should do?
We had protected sex few days back. But unfortunately her menses is delayed by 5 days from expected day. So can you suggest me a tablet which avoid pregnancy.
I have been to scan and found that sack was formed but there is no baby formed yet. My last period was July 1st. Is this happen to most of the women or is it a special case that is happening to me. I am in a confusion that my pregnancy will go good or end with tears. Do I need to take any particular care or attention. Doctor gave me progesterone tablet's. Could some one please let us know the chances and any suggestions.
Hello Dr. my wife is in period from 7 days and tonight we have done sex we both enjoy but I was cum inside in vagina, so I am in tens what should I do, she is angry on me.
When it comes to the brain and the IQ, is bigger the better? Does size really matter? Is there really a connection between the size of your brain and intelligence? With the help of findings by neurologists
and scientists, we seek to find out!
- Ailments and the Brain: Scientists have found that children with autism have a brain that has grown in a disproportionate manner in the very first year of their life. This prevents the child from making connections with normal behaviour. On the other hand, children and adolescents who suffer from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD have shown signs of having a much smaller brain size. Many scientists have shown that the size of the brain shrinks as we age, and this does not have any visible effect on our cognitive abilities.
- It's all Relative: The size of the brain does not really have a bearing on the way a person's cognition gets shaped. Even large mammals like elephants and whales are finally hunted and tamed by humans who have smaller brains in comparison. The brain is made up of billions of neurons which need to function properly. It may be seen that scientists consider the brain mass in relation with the rest of the body so as to speculate about the cognitive abilities of the person. Why is this required? Large animals need a well functioning and proportionate brain size to control and run their organs with proper cognition for satisfactory results, which is what we humans seem to have done.
- Neanderthal Brains: Historically, the earliest man or the Neanderthals are said to have had larger brains than we do. These people are believed to have brains that are at least 10% larger than the brains that we have in our modern times. The shape of their brain was different too. They were also heavily muscled people which had a bearing on the size and shape of the brain and bodies as well as the lean tissue within the brain. They also survived very successfully for a period of over 200,000 years, which obviously points to some form of elevated cognition, as per many scientists.
- Animals: While animals with small brains like lizards and reptiles do not perform too well on IQ tests, the animals with bigger brains like elephants and dolphins perform much better. But the medium sized brains of monkeys, lemurs and other animals are said to perform in the best manner. The correlation between the body size and the brain does not seem to hold good here, as per various researches.
So the verdict as per medical science and research stands divided!