Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Vasudha ShekharYour feedback matters!
I am 31 years old male having problem of infertility. Married before 4 yrs. I have normal LH & testosterone level but slightly higher FSH level. I have sperm count less than 80 million. What is the predictable cause of low sperm count? I have no addiction of tobacco and alcohol.
Dear sir/madam My wife has irregular menses that mean on 19 december 16 menses start and finished on 21st dec. I had sexual contact with her on 29th, 30th,31st, 1st jan, 2nd jan 17 to planning for conceive but unfortunately today i.e 7th January 17 found bleeding like menses. Pl tell me the reason? Which doctor I ve to consult?
My wife is 5 months pregnant. But she is suffering from headache, leg pain and back pain. please give me some use full tips.
During periods I feel too much pain in my breast. Can I do sex during periods and allow to my partner to touch my breast?
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
- Pain in your neck, rectum or shoulder
- Rupture of the fallopian tubes can cause fainting due to the bleeding and pain
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy.
My cousin did not want any pregnancy but his girl friend getting 1 month of pregnancy what should he do for abortion by medicine.
I am 26 years old and from past one year getting pain below my left breast while having food or drinking and from past one week a little bit like small pieces I am getting bleed from my left nose I am really worried about this can you please suggest me I am very much scared to tell about this things to my family.
I have maintain sexual relationship with two males on average per month. Will there be any negative health issue?
I am having pcod. Dr. suggested me ovarian drilling if I could not get periods with medicines goecysts tablets & gycon syrup within this month. She also suggested me to follow diet & exercise to reduce little weight. Im 54 kgs with 5 height. How can I reduce my weight and pcod? I am afraid of operation. Only one month left to decide for operation.
I am 37 year old female . Am not married and do not have intercourse .Does having a clit orgasm everyday affect your health. How many clit orgasm during a week is normal and healthy ?
I missed my periods I have a 6 months old baby I have done home test for pregnancy It was negative Still not getting my periods Why.?
Both heat and cold therapy can help. It may take some trial and error to find out which works best for you.
How does heat therapy help reduce swelling and pain?
Heat dilates (opens up) blood vessels, stimulates blood circulation and reduces muscle spasms.
At home you can try dry heat such as heating pads or moist heat such as warm baths or heated moist towels.
How does cold therapy help reduce swelling and pain?
Cold works differently, it constricts (closes blood vessels) then opens them up again closes and opens up. This alternate closing and opening cycle of blood vessels drains out swelling and toxins from that area. At home you can use ice packs with covers or traditional ice bags or ice cubes in a plastic bag with proper covers so its not too cold.
Both heat and cold should be used very carefully only when sensations are normal otherwise it can cause burns or damage to skin and tissues.
Professional health care providers such as physiotherapists use moist heat, deep heat such as ultrasound therapy and cold therapy along with joint and tissue mobilizations, specific stretching and strengthening exercises, customized tips about improving posture, ergonomics, sleeping habits for long lasting relief from pain.