Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vasudha ShekharYour feedback matters!
From two regular months, I am suffering from unusual periodic days. The first day, bleeding occurs moderately or less. Second day it doesn't occur.& from third day, it occurs normally for a week or more days. I fear. Am I alright?
I am 37 year old woman I have 2 year old boy. We are planning for second child, please advise me it is good for me as my age is 37. We are trying from last 6 months. Please advise me. My last period date was 30 jan. Before that last date was 26 dec.
How often have you heard the aphorism "An apple a day keeps the doctor away" and wondered if it is any close to the truth? Well, studies reveal that eating this delicious fruit everyday day may not cut the number of visits you make to the doctor. However, it definitely helps in keeping your pharmacy bills at bay due to its numerous health benefits. Read on to find how apples are true to the modified saying 'An apple a day keeps the pharmacist away'.
1. Fights type 2 diabetes: Apples are known to alter circulating glucose levels to a minimum amount. This helps in controlling your blood sugar level. What more, researchers have reached the conclusion that biting into an apple everyday results in one third less chances of developing type 2 diabetes among women.
2. Provides protection against cancer: Apple is rich in natural pigments known as anthocyanins, flavonoids including quercetin and rutin, phenolic acids like ellagic and ferulic acids and the antioxidant glutathione. These components are very beneficial in preventing cancer. Moreover, apple peel contains triterpenoids, which prevents the growth of cancer cells in liver, breast and colon.
3. Reduces risk of cardiovascular diseases: A recent study reveals that inclusion of ample amounts of soluble fibre into your diet slows down cholesterol-rich plaque build up in your arteries. Plaque build-up in arteries are one of the causative agents of coronary artery disease. Apple, being rich in soluble fibre and containing quercetin (which protects lining of the blood vessels), diminishes the chances of cardiovascular diseases.
4. Prevents cataracts: Apples are good sources of antioxidants. Long term research on peoples’ food habits show that satisfying your appetite with this ripe fruit can make you 10 to 15 per cent less prone to developing cataracts.
5. Helps to maintain your weight: Tired of being overweight? Then you should definitely switch to apple bites everyday as they keep your weight on check. The high fibre content of apples is responsible for this as they serve as a filling food option without being loaded with calories.
6. Aids liver detoxification: Horrified of the toxins that get into your body daily with the intake of any kind of food? Just relax, as doctors say that the best liver detox diets for your body comprise different types of fruits including apples.
7. Reduces cholesterol levels: A medium apple is known to contribute five grams of fibre to your daily diet, which exceeds most cereals. Besides, apples contain the cholesterol reducing soluble fibre pectin in abundant amount. Cholesterol build up in the lining of blood vessel walls is prevented by pectin which lessens the likelihood of getting atherosclerosis and heat diseases.
8. Gives you better immunity: The presence of an antioxidant named quercetin has been proven to be effective in heightening the efficiency and strengthening your immune system. Also, biting into a succulent apple regularly frees your body from various infections.
So, you age old myth did not become so popular without reason. Now that you known apples can be major contributors to your good health, go get a basket of them quickly for you and your family!
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am taking treatment for removal of cyst from ovary from homeopathy doctor from last six month. Can I take now Ayurveda treatment along with homeopathy tablets. Pl suggest.
Almost 8 out of 10 individuals have low back pain eventually in life. It is one of the top reasons people look for medical treatment. It is likewise the number one reported reason for acupuncture therapy.
Acupuncture started in China over 2,500 years back. It includes inserting slim needles at specific points on the body. As per traditional Chinese practices, the body has more than 2,000 of these points. They are associated by pathways or meridians, which make a stream of energy called Qi (pronounced "chee").
The impacts originate from the centre of our nervous system. Release of chemicals into the muscles, spinal rope, and cerebrum is then triggered.
- To begin with, your acupuncturist will get some information about your medical history. This will help him in exploring the various trouble giving points as avoiding those that may lead to an aggravation of the problem. Also, with this information, the acupuncturist will also be able to arrive at the exact treatment that will suit your body and system, as well as the symptoms that you may be experiencing.
- He or she will then examine your tongue's shape, shading, and covering, feel your heartbeat, and perhaps play out some extra physical examinations depending upon your health. This helps in understanding the various patterns related to sleep, exercise, diet and digestion. In keeping with these findings, the acupuncturist will then home in on the exact points that require treatment.
- Keeping the aforementioned in mind, he/she will then appoint the appropriate treatment plan to address your specific condition.
- To start the needle therapy treatment, you lay easily on a treatment table while exact acupoints are determined on different points of your back.
- Lastly, the fine needles are then tenderly set. The needles are usually sterilised and new before they are inserted.
Benefits for back pain:
- It enhances the body's self-healing process by stimulating the acupuncture points.
- Releases your body from chronic pain and specifically helps the lumbar region in better balance so that back pain is avoided.
- This method warms the body and creates a more congenial environment for pain free good health.
- Protects it against pathogens.
- Contains natural liquids. Changes those liquids into other usable types of energy for the body.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Improves sleep.
- Improves the digestive framework.
- Gives you a sense of well-being
Apart from infrequent throbbing and soreness at the acupoints, there are no such side effects if you visit an established acupuncturist. If practiced by an experienced acupuncturist, the technique is highly effective and beneficial. Additionally, acupuncture is the safest therapy for back pain.
Individuals suffering from continuous back pain have observed needle therapy to be useful. Numerous Pain Clinics now utilize needle therapy as a standard treatment.
My periods is not regular. It comes after 2-3 month. N also my period session is very painful in first 2-3 days.
I have pcod. Which is severe since 3 years. I'm taking homeopathic medicine. Could you prescribe a allopathy less costly medical.
Sir/Madam I am Married, I have hypothyroidism, my previous reading was 8.5MicroIU/ml, I have consulted physician he has increased my dosage to 50mcg, previously I was taking 25mcg. Now recently I have checked tsh level is 0.19MicroIU/ml (Normal Range Mentioned-0.30-5.5) I was shocked to see my report, it has almost gone below the normal, T3-122ng/dl (60-200) and T4-12.4microg/dl (4.5-12.0. So my question is, is it normal to have such levels what should I do now? What could be the cause, still I have not get my period. Kindly suggest?
I had miscarriage in 16th week of pregnancy just before 6 days. Now how long I should wait to start a normal physical relationship with husband? And also ideal time to conceive again?
I doubt that I have genital herpes near my anus. And it is slightly changed to gray. Can I know what it is?
Hi I'm 20 years guy my gf and I had time sex that was protected by using condom on 2nd july and I'm pre ty sure that it wasn't torn and leaked. So till then her last period was on 23 or 24 of june and we waited till 23 july didn't occurred and till that time we didn't had sex and one week past but period did not occurred in starting of 2nd week she detected with malaria after 2 days she was admitted under dengue case now she is recovering from dengue. But still she did not get her periods so bit confuse what to do? Is the dengue caused her delay periods or anything else. And if yes then till how many days have to wait to come periods. Please suggest me and guide me. Bit worried.
Hello doctor, my question is if period is not came date is increase by 1 or 2 days by pregnancy so is there any medicine for abortion for pregnancy kindly suggest me what should I do I don't want pregnancy?
I am 7th month pregnancy doc said my baby development is less what can I do to increase my baby weight & baby became healthy ?
First month completed of pregnancy my wife's vomiting are not stopping. Whichever she eats it comes out. Is this normal in these days or she has to take medicine.
SEVENTY-FIVE PERCENT OF WOMEN SUFFER from headaches, mood swings, bloating, and other problems that threaten their relationships, work life, and well-being.
PMS has been known by women for many years. However, within the past 30 or so years, pharmaceutical companies have targeted and created a market to treat this normal part of a woman's cycle as a disease.
Premenstrual syndrome refers to the collection of symptoms or sensations women experience as a result of high hormone levels before, and sometimes during, their periods.
One type of PMS is characterized by anxiety, irritability Mood swings & depression around cycle time, Breast tenderness, Vaginal dryness or itchiness, Cyclic insomnia, night sweats & fatigue. These feelings are usually relieved with the onset of bleeding. Most likely, this type relates to the balance between estrogen and progesterone. If estrogen predominates, anxiety occurs. If there's more progesterone, depression may be a complaint.
Sugar craving, fatigue and headaches signify a different type of PMS. In addition to sugar, women may crave chocolate, white bread, white rice, pastries, and noodles. These food cravings may be caused by the increased responsiveness to insulin related to increased hormone levels before menstruation. In this circumstance, women may experience symptoms of low blood sugar; their brains are signaling a need for fuel. A consistent diet that includes complex carbohydrates will provide a steady flow of energy to the brain and counter the ups and downs of blood sugar variations.
Simple Steps to ease PMS
1. Take care of your diet.
• Cut out caffeine.
• Stop eating refined flour, sugar, and processed foods.
• Stop drinking alcohol.
• Balance your blood sugar by eating protein, such as a protein shake, eggs, and nut butters, for breakfast.
• Eat evenly throughout the day and don’t skip meals.
• Don’t eat within three hours of bedtime.
• Increase fiber in your diet from vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds, beans, and whole grains. Increase omega-3 fats by eating more fish and walnuts.
• Eat organic food, especially animal products, to avoid environmental estrogens from pesticides.
2. Take supplements.
A number of supplements have been shown to help ease PMS symptoms by improving metabolic function and hormone metabolism. Here are the superstars:
• Calcium citrate.
• Vitamin B6 ,folate and vitamin B12.
• Evening primrose oil
• EPA/DHA (omega 3 fats)
• A good daily multivitamin (all the nutrients work together)
• Isoflavones from soy
• Replacing healthy bacteria in the gut also helps normalize estrogen and hormone metabolism. Take 5 to 10 billion live organisms in a daily probiotic supplement.
3. Get moving.
Exercise is very important for balancing hormones. Aim for 30 minutes of aerobic exercise, 4 to 5 times a week.
4. Address stress.
Dealing with stress is also critical. Take a hot bath at night, get a massage, try yoga, learn deep breathing or meditation.
If your symptoms are severe and are affecting your daily life, you should consult a Gynaecologist for Medical intervention.
Dr. Jyotsna Gupta
#drjyotsnagupta #pms #gynecologistindelhi #gynecologist #womenshealth