Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VarunYour feedback matters!
Manual Toothbrush vs. Electric Toothbrush
In a world where every little thing is being automated, why must the activity of brushing your teeth be left behind? Well unless scientists come up with a technique that entirely renders brushing your teeth unnecessary, the only thing we can rely on as of today is easing the activity. And that has been done by bringing in the electronic toothbrushes in the market.
The manual toothbrush was invented in the 1930s. Several upgrades and updates were added to the toothbrush, and in the 1990s, the electronic toothbrush was introduced. Is it better than the manual toothbrush, or is the vintage route more beneficial, let's take a look:
- Cost: Electronic toothbrushes cost significantly more than manual toothbrushes. A manual toothbrush could cost on an average Rs. 30-Rs.40, whereas an electronic toothbrush costs close to Rs.400-Rs.500.
- Features: Unless you have a set timer in front of you, the time you take to brush your teeth manually solely depends on you. Electronic toothbrushes come with a built in timer which you can set at 2 minutes or more (2 minutes being the appropriate time considered for effective cleaning of teeth). This built-in timer saves you from relying on your guesswork and effectively helps you clean your teeth according to the recommended timings.
- Convenience: Manual toothbrushes are convenient to carry while traveling. They have negligible weight and can fit into any travel pouch easily. Electronic toothbrushes, on the other hand, are heavy in weight and need a battery charger to be carried along, which makes them a pain to carry around.
- Effort: Electronic toothbrushes significantly reduce your effort put into the activity. All you need to do is tilt your toothbrush to a 45-degree angle, and let the toothbrush do all the work. Whereas, manual toothbrushes, require you to carefully use proper brushing techniques to get the best results and thus require more effort.
- Options: Manual toothbrushes come with a huge variety of bristles, heads, colors etc. For sensitive gums, one can pick a toothbrush with soft bristles; for kids, one can pick a toothbrush with a smaller head to fit into their mouths. Electronic toothbrushes, as of today do not come in a variety of sizes or bristle types. Thus, the choice and utility are restricted.
And the most important factor-
Oral health maintenance: Electronic toothbrushes are known to give better results in comparison to manual toothbrushes when it comes to removing plaque and gingivitis. Also in the case of children when you cannot ensure whether they are brushing their teeth properly, electronic toothbrushes come to the rescue.
Though electronic toothbrushes give better results with lesser effort, manual toothbrushes have their own conveniences, too.
I am having dental problems like enamel coating and bleeding (smell) and I don't know why I am getting blood in saliva when I woke up. It's not from the mouth. Its from internal. I want some serious and best medication nearby my area. So please help me and guide me as I am just 23.
My teeth have very much pain and my mouth internally so pain full problems . Plzz give any real solution for my Maude.
A bulge has appeared at the back of tooth, probably for the new tooth. It is causing a lot of pain. How can the pain be controlled. Give some homemade tips plz.
I have a dental issue. I am a smoker so my teeth was too dull. So what should I do to have them in good conditions back.
How to use listerine for better results. Is it ok if I brush one time and use listerine other time. And I do night shifts so when to brush and when to listerine.
Hello delegates, my teeth gets collide or like grinding each other in the early morning while sleeping . My mother told about that. What is the cause and solution of this problem. Tia.
How I can control my sex feeling sometimes gums are comes out .sir I want to free from this how I can . I have pimples on my face lot of starches on my face how I can clear my face with out any side effect Sir can you say remedies for this.
Well, I am suffering from tooth ache . When ever consulted my dentist only suggests RCT or removal of teeth I suppose he is fooling Mr. and trying to take money from my pocket. please advise.
Hello sir before some days when I am doing brush at morning blood is come to my teeth what is the reason and also when ever time blood is come.
I'm 21 years old male. I have mouth ulcer for 10 years what can I do I don't know sir? please help me to solve this problem.
Jaw bone substitutes are costly because implants were delayed.
Implants are expensive because root canal treatment ( RCT ) was avoided.
RCT is taxing because the cavities were not filled.
Cavities were not filled because .
The lethargy to visit a dentist every six months.
Dentistry is not costly.
Preservation is the rule.
Recreating is a custom.