Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Vani RYour feedback matters!
deviry 10 mg for 5 day. Is it harmful for future my gf height is 5 ft and weight is around 45 kg id this medicine creates any problem for future period and her age is 21.
I am 32 years old pregnant lady & completed 7 month on 21 june 15. At the time miner bleeding accur. My playcentta low throw 3 month pregnancy. Suggest me precaution & urgent medicine in that condition please
Kya ye possible h.kisi ldki ko sex k time bleeding ni hui. Kya use 1 ya 2 hours ya kch time bad bleeding ho sakti h.is it possible?
My wife got 45 days pregnant. Since we got 1 year before child with operation no I want to abort it can you suggest.
Hi Doctor, I have query, My daughter has age @ 13, Now she is studying in class 8th. We are little bit more concern about her Menstruation start. Still she has not get start Menstruation. What are the basic problem to start late Menstruation. We are planing to go and concern to Dr.(Gynaec). But before we are know all, Can you please guide us.
I want to become pregnant, so after having sex on my fertile period what should I avoid to become pregnant.
Hello Doctor! My Gf had an contraceptive pill for first time and 18th March and have been bleeding since yesterday morning. Bleeding has not been as much as periods. Is der any problem with it and suggest any precautions if any. Wen does the bleeding stop and will she have menstrual cycle as before on regular date. Is der any chance of pregnancy as such.
Flawless skin is becoming a thing of the past. Skin problems like acne, pimples, freckles, fine lines and wrinkles, to name a few are on a mercurial rise. Many find their skin to be losing its radiance at an alarming rate.
Water is one of the most important components that help in the process of digestion, blood circulation, mineral absorption and can have positive impact on your skin. Dehydration can take a toll on your skin, leaving it dry and lifeless. In order to ensure the health of your skin, it is highly recommended to keep your system hydrated. Following are the benefits of water:
- Moisturizes dry skin and lessens the appearance of wrinkles: Insufficient intake of water makes your skin appear dry and flaky; such a skin is more prone to wrinkling. When you drink sufficient water your skin cells hydrate from within. Hydrated skin is resilient in nature and therefore, it has less chance of suffering from premature wrinkling.
- Makes your skin appear younger: It is advised to drink minimum 8 glasses of water a day to keep your body hydrated. The condition of your health can be analyzed from the condition of your skin, as a body that is hydrated well, makes your skin appear healthy too.
- Get rid of dark circles: The problem of dark circles arises over the years due to the damage of the capillaries under the eyes. The skin around the eyes is thinner than facial skin, which hinders the smooth flow of fluid through them. Plenty intake of water on a regular basis can reduce the appearance of dark circles dramatically, making your skin appear healthy.
- Keeps skin soft: Skin is made up of 3 layers namely, epidermis, dermis and subcutaneous tissue. When the water content of the outermost layer of the epidermis is insufficient, your skin tends to lose elasticity and feel rough. Intake of adequate water hydrates the skin cells and makes them function properly, making your skin soft and supple.
- Improves skin tone: Water is known for its abilities to flush out toxins from your system and for maintaining the proper functioning of your kidneys. Sufficient intake of water ensures that harmful toxins and impurities are regularly flushed out of your system, thereby, adding a healthy glow to your skin.
Hi dear friends. I am Dr Bhavna Mittal I am a gynaecologist and I am practising at my own hospital that is Shivam surgical and maternity centre in East of Delhi. Now getting pregnant which seemed very simple earlier has become a major task these days for ladies, why is it so earlier we hear from our mothers old aunts that they used to get pregnant every year and they would do all household work and have a very healthy normal delivery and each of them had at least 4-5- 6 babies. These days for a lady to have a normal single pregnancy have become a huge task why it is so because of our life styles our values our food habits are changing . So if u are pregnant or you are planning to be, the first thing to do is:
- To improve your lifestyle.
- You should concentrate on a good regime
- Good daily schedule, that is you should be getting adequate sleep of 6-7 hours.
- Having a normal bowel habit in the morning doing at least 20-30 mins light exercise per day.
- Daily regime of diet which includes fruits, salads, antioxidants, vegetables, daals and less of junk foods and outside food.
- There are some indirect toxins like smoking, alcohol, which also harm our body. Now a days it is not uncommon, even for females to consume alcohol or caffeine or smoking routinely. So if you are on the family way you should avoid these things.
- Also if you are taking some kinds of medicines for something, then you should be sure of the content and that it does not interfere with getting pregnant or during pregnancy.
Once you are pregnant, the first thing to do is to conduct a urine pregnancy test. So if you have missed your period you can yourself check it with a urine pregnancy kit and if it is coming positive you can visit your doctor. Also these days it is important to take pre-conception. Visit that before you ever think of getting pregnant. Its nice that you can visit the doctor, they can conduct some basic test on you and your husband and be sure that you both of you are healthy enough to carry pregnancy. After the doctor will put you on some medicines, like folic acid. Studies have shown that women who were on folic acid 3 months prior to getting pregnant did much better during pregnancy in terms of the health of the baby and the mother than once who did not take any medication so you can be on some basic vitamins supplements like folic acid before getting pregnant. Once you conceive and your test is showing positive, it's time to visit the doctor this time the doctor will explain you the precautions which are to be taken during pregnancy. Also the doctor will check from time to time in terms of your blood test, urine test and the ultrasounds which are to be done during pregnancy. You may also be put on some supplements of iron calcium folic acid or if required some hormones from time to time
Now I would like to remove some common myths which are there about pregnancy people do fear that what should be the exact weight gain during pregnancy. Normally by American standards, the weight gain during pregnancy should be 10- 13 kg during whole 9 months. So that gives us a target of around 1.5 kg per month now this may not even for everyone so a lady may not gain for the first 3 months because of vomiting and then she may gain 2-3 kgs per month later on so the average comes out to be 1.5kg. So the average should be the same it may not be even through out the 9 months for people who gain less weight sometimes there’s a issue with the growth of the bab. Similarly people who gain more weight also have more tendency to develop blood pressure diabetes and other problems during pregnancy so ideal kind of weight gain is important second thing which is important is what you are gaining on so you may be gaining this one and a half kg a month on junk food or namkeens or unhealthy food or you could be gaining on healthy food like proteins eggs fish milk daal milk products foods salads soups so one should be very careful on choice of diet also avoid any kind of harmful preservatives or chemicals like Chinese food and all the chemicals which are there you could have home prepared normal food which does not contain any of these artificial additives for a normal healthy pregnancy you are allowed to do your routine activities but still you should avoid very heavy type of exhaustion and travelling the 2nd trimester of pregnancy that is third to 6th month is actually the safest part of pregnancy so if you need to travel or do any other activity it should be done in the middle part the initial 3 moths and the last 3 months are not the safe time to do the same even flights do not allow travelling after 7 months completed of pregnancy or they will ask you for a special certificate for that Then keep on visiting your doctor regularly and follow the advice if any problem is coming up then please follow your doctor accordingly friends I am available on lybrate in case you have any questions related to getting pregnant or about pregnancy please feel free to ask me on lybrate.
I will happy to help thank you
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
I am 19 years old And I wanna be in periods soon for this time what can I do for this? Please help me out.
I'm 26 years old married women. I got married before 2 months on February. Now I'm having pain in my both breast from few days.
When tissues that usually grow inside the uterus, start growing outside the organ, it is called endometriosis. Painful periods, pain during sex, pain while urinating or bowel movements, extreme bleeding, fatigue, infertility, diarrhea, bloating and nausea are some of the symptoms of endometriosis.
Treating endometriosis usually depends on the following factors
- Severity of symptoms
- Severity of the disease
- Future plans for children
Depending on these the doctor might opt for any of the following treatments
- Medication for Pain: If the symptoms are mild, then the doctor will prescribe some pain killers like Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Hormone Therapy: Hormone therapy is effective, but once you stop them, your symptoms may come back. Some of the hormone therapies include:
- Hormonal Contraceptives: Birth control pills, vaginal rings and patches are useful in controlling the hormones that are responsible for tissue build-up outside the uterine cavity.
- Medroxyprogesterone: This drug stops menstruation, which in turn stops the tissue build-up and put an end to all the symptoms. But on the other hand, gaining weight, low bone production and depression are some of the common effects of this drug.
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) antagonists and agonists: Hormones that stimulate ovaries are blocked by these. They bring down oestrogen levels and hence prevent menstruation.
- Danazol: This drug prevents menstruation and symptoms of endometriosis by blocking the hormones that stimulate the ovaries. However, Danazol may not be a favourable option because of its side effects. The drug should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Conservative Surgery: If you are trying to get pregnant, but you already suffer from endometriosis, then removing endometriosis surgically is a viable solution. Your uterus and ovaries will be preserved, which might increase your chances of becoming pregnant. Even suffering from severe pain might find relief from conservative surgery.
- Hysterectomy: In extreme cases, the only way to deal with the symptoms is to completely remove the uterus, ovaries and cervix. Since a hysterectomy means you cannot have children, it is kept as the last option for women in their reproductive age. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I have watery discharge from vagina and also feel weakness from yesterday please give me some advice.
How to get hair growth She is having diabetic , thyroid and Pcod Very huge hair fall What should do or take to increase hair.
Hi im 5 months pregnant. All blood reports came normal. What precautions should be taken for zika virus. Which fruit is rich in antioxidants.
After how many days after period can I have sex with my partner so that she gets present and for how many month can I have sex with her and what to do and don't during sex so that nothing goes wrong and after pregnancy for how month we can have sex then when I can expect baby.
I hv facing a peroid problem dat is i hvnt periods for 3 n a half months. .i faced this problem before. . N also consulted with a doctor vthen. He said its not a big issue n gave the medicine then it got cured. I just wnt to know the reason behind this irregularity and what shoul i do??
What is Aortic aneurysm?
The heart is the most important muscle in your body, and its primary job is to pump the blood across. The aorta is the largest blood vessel of the human body and is used by the heart to push the blood along. The Aorta is also one of the strongest vessels, but in some cases, due to the wear and tear condition the walls can weaken and bulge in what is called an aortic aneurysm. This can cause a rupture of the vessels as a result of which, blood gets leaked into the body.
Types of Aortic aneurysm:
There are two known types of aortic aneurysms. One of which is located in the chest and is known as the thoracic aortic aneurysm, and the one which forms in the abdomen is called an abdominal aortic aneurysm.
Thoracic aortic aneurysm
There are many causes of the Thoracic aortic aneurysm. Genes play a significant role in increasing the chances. The other factors can include high blood pressure, high cholesterol, infections and blockages in the arteries. Sometimes a traumatic injury due to an accident can also lead to the condition. The biggest disadvantage of the disease is that the symptoms do not occur in the early stages and only in their chronic stages they appear. Some of the symptoms include chest or back pain, difficulty in breathing, shortness of a breath and persistent cough. Diagnosis can be made by an X-ray, CT scan, and ultrasound. Medications can help to an extent in relieving the pain and symptoms but however, in some extreme cases surgery is required. During the surgery, a synthetic tube replaces the damaged artery- as a result of which the blood gets channelled without any hindrances.
Abdominal aortic aneurysm
In the case of an abdominal aortic aneurysm, the aorta that passes through your abdomen gets damaged. As in the event of the Thoracic aortic aneurysm, there are no visible symptoms initially. Symptoms if they appear can include a deep back pain and persistent pain the side of the abdomen. Dizziness and weightlessness can also be other factors. Once again as in the case of the Thoracic aortic aneurysm, high blood pressure and cholesterol levels can be the risk factors. The problem also gets aggravated when the person is a frequent smoker and drinker. The diagnosis can happen through an X-ray, CT scan or an ultrasound. Once diagnosed, medications can heal the symptoms to an extent. Routine checkups are usually done to check the condition. In the cases where the bulge is bigger, surgeries are done to relieve the damaged part.
As with many cases, a good lifestyle change and healthy habits can keep many of the conditions in check. The same goes for an aortic aneurysm too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.