Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. V.n JoshiYour feedback matters!
Forehead and globally. Yes I have spectacles vision problem. Now a days every mng when d time of waking up im waking up wd the headache. Im unable to bear it mam. Please gve me a solution?
I do masturbates daily if I do 2 times per week can it increase my sex life and penis size and ejaculation time please tell me to increase ejaculations time penis erection time and size of penis by normal method or by natural means.
Hii doctor meri daughter ko aaj bohot dino se allergy ki shikayat hai mai ne doctor ko dhikhYa bhi allergy ki syrup bhi dete hai par har do din vaad uske hand leg ya phir face par macchar ke kaatne ki tarah hojata hai aur swelling bhi hoti hai mughe kiya karna chahiye please reply.
I'm 44 year teetotaler male, diagnosed with sarcoidosis last year in may. Currently not on medication for this ailment. Sleep for about 6 hrs but when I get up my whole back hurts very badly. This happened last summers also but was fine during the winters. Never had this issue prior to last year. Using a hard coir mattress.
I have migraine trouble since long time . Took so many pills and try other methods bud no relief what should I do.
Sir, when I am talking in Mobile migraine is starting. Why it's starting, how to control it. Please tell me sir.
I have L5 Disc lower back pain and 207 sugar problems. Kindly suggest which food and body exercise suitable for me? I am working as a storekeeper.
Lymphogranuloma venereum (LGV) is a STD caused by the three different types of the “Chlamydia trachomatis” bacterium. LGV is generally a disease of the lymphatic system. It is characterized by small, asymptomatic skin lesions along the pelvis or groin region. It has been noticed that men are more prone to this than women.
What are the symptoms of lymphogranuloma venereum?
The symptoms may start within a few days or months after coming in contact with the bacteria. Some of the common symptoms are:
1. Pain during bowel movement
2. The growth of small painless sores in the genital area
3. Your skin might swell and turn red.
4. There can be drainage from the lymph nodes in the groin.
5. Blood and puss may pass from the rectum as well
What are the possible complications related to lymphogranuloma venereum?
1) The patient may have brain inflammation although this is very rare
2) The patient may suffer from infection in joints, eyes, heart, and liver
3) The rectum may get narrower and scary
4) There may be long-term swelling and inflammation of the genitals
How can you diagnose lymphogranuloma venereum?
1. Generally, doctors suspect lymphogranuloma venereum when the patient is suffering from genital ulcers, swollen lymph nodes and proctitis (inflammation of the rectum and anus).
2. Rectal specimens, genital lesions, and lymph node specimens are taken to test for Chlamydia trachomatis. This is detected by culture, nucleic acid detection, and direct immunofluorescence tests.
What are the treatments available for lymphogranuloma venereum?
People with LGV must be treated with antibiotics and drainage of the bulbous growths may also be necessary for symptomatic relief. Generally, two antibiotics are used to treat such patients:
1. Doxycycline, may be used to treat patients who are not pregnant.
2. Erythromycin is used in other cases and especially for women who are pregnant.
HIV positive patients and HIV-negative patients are treated in the same way. However, HIV patients may have to continue the treatment for a longer period of time due to the compromised immune system. The patients have to abstain from sexual activity till the completion of the antibiotic dose. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.