Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. V. MalathiYour feedback matters!
Hello there. From last few days I am having nasal congestion and fever, I am taking medicines but from yesterday I am having high sensitive teeth. Both upper jaw and lower jaw. Plzz assist. Thanx.
Hello. I am 28 years old. My mouth become dry. And I have a problem of bad breath and gum bleeding also. please give me a suggestion for this. I am very disappoint because of bad breath and dry mouth. Feeling so much embarrassment because of this. please give me a treatment and good product for dry mouth specially.
Hllo Dr. I brush regularly to my teeth & the result is that they r nice whitish. But my problem is the gums are getting weak day by day. Like they are not tightly connected to my teeth. What should I do. thanks.
Hello doctor I brush twice a day use floss and clean tongue daily but can not get rid of bad breath. When I brush bad breath persist but when I gargle bad breath disappear for 10 min after that it appear again So my question is what is the cause of my bad breath and how to care?
My teeth is yellow from my childhood What is the procedure to cure it permanently and what is the charge for it?
My mouth smells bad even after brushing my teeth so plzz suggest me something which could be useful for this problem.
I have pain on my teeth since 1 week. I cant eat anything except liquid things. please help me soon.
My Daughter has cough and running nose and her first molar teeth coming out. She is cranking very often and drooling. Please suggest some medicine for cough and cold too. She is 14 month old.
At night when I asleep, sometimes some liquid gets collected in my mouth during sleep which wakes me up from sleep ,as the result I have to get up and spit it out.
Every day I have a problem that my mouth smells bad even after I brush for more than ten minutes but still unable to make any good therefore if you can give any solution for my problem. Thank you.
I used to spit a lot. Most often in every 10 minutes. I could't control my this habit. I couldn't understand that this is only a bad habit or something else. Please suggest.
Though it may be very common, spitting out blood while brushing, however little, is not normal. Bleeding gums can be an early sign of gum diseases like gingivitis and periodontal disease and hence should never be ignored. It can also be a symptom of scurvy. Plaque, when accumulated over time can lead to the inflammation of gums. Vigorous brushing or flossing over these inflamed gums can make them bleed.
Other causes for bleeding gums can include:
- Vitamin deficiency
- Blood thinners
- Mouth sores
- Bleeding disorders
- Hormonal changes
- And, health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and leukemia
Regular dental checkups are essential to maintain healthy gums. A tooth clean up will rid your mouth of plaque and tartar that cause gum infections. Apart from that, here are a few things you can do at home.
- Eat a healthy diet: Avoiding excessive sugar can help keep your gums and teeth healthier. Replace this sugar with a diet rich in vegetables and fruits. This gives your gums the necessary nutrients. Chewing raw vegetables can also improve blood circulation in your gums and can help treat bleeding gums. Boosting your intake of vitamin A, C, calcium and magnesium can also keep your gums healthy.
- Dental routine: Brushing and flossing regularly are crucial to good dental health. This removes harmful bacteria that trigger dental infections. Make it a habit to brush and floss at least twice a day. The way you brush also makes a difference. Brush both sides of your teeth in an upwards and downwards movement instead of going from side to side. Also pay attention to the condition of your toothbrush. Change your toothbrush every six months and pick a soft or medium bristled toothbrush instead of firm bristled toothbrushes. Hard brushes can damage the soft tissues inside your mouth. Also, make it a habit to rinse your mouth with mouthwash after every meal. Alternatively, you could use a weak saline solution or hydrogen peroxide.
- Manage stress: Even your gums are affected by stress. Stress increases inflammation that causes bleeding and reduces the immune system's capability to fight infections. Studies have also shown a direct relationship between stress and the build up of plaque. Stress can also make it harder for you to maintain a healthy lifestyle and good dental habits.
- Stop sharing: Bleeding gums is a communicable infection. To protect yourself from bleeding gums, do not share things like glasses, cutlery etc. sharing toothbrushes should always be considered as a taboo.