Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Uttkarsh LokeshYour feedback matters!
My grandfather is 80 years of age and recently had ulcers in his mouth, so he was not able to eat properly. He has removed his jaw and is using the temporary ones to eat. But because of the ulcers, he cant eat, the doctors can't diagnose the problem and keep on changing the medicines. He has become very weak and wasn't able to stand the other day. His legs and hands are swollen and he is not a diabetic patient. Please advise what can I do? I have his prescriptions with me and can forward if required.
Hello doctor. Yesterday I felt hard bump on roof of my mouth while I was just touching tongue on it. When I checked in mirror it looks like small colourless lump just like other area of the skin. It is painless and to tongue it feels like some hard bone bump. I am feeling little scared because I smoke occasionally.
Mere mummy ke teeth ke halka niche ek choti se Gath pad gai. Kabhi kabhi usmain swelling aa jati hai. Kafi dard hota hai. Please answering this question with discribe.
I have problem in my teeth. There are many black spots on my teeth for over few years. What should I do?
Sir my front bottom teeth get removed. So what will be the cost for duplicate teeth. Please tell me in detail. than.
Bad breath, also known as halitosis medically, is a much bigger problem than just being a cause for social embarrassment. It could be a symptom of an underlying disorder in your body which when corrected, will result in bad breath being resolved as well. However, in most cases, halitosis or bad breath occurs due to gum and teeth problems or due to life style habits such as a bad diet. Ayurveda has cure for both the problems and offers specialized treatment as well as home remedies.
Some general tips to fight bad breath
Bad breath may occur due to a combination of bad diet or digestive problems as well as oral hygiene issues. Some of the common things to follow, which will reduce your bad breath, especially concerning oral hygiene, are mentioned below
1. Rinse your mouth thoroughly after every meal as it helps clean food particles which may contribute to bad breath
2. Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Dryness of the mouth can often cause bad breath
3. Brush your teeth, preferably at least twice daily and clean your tongue every time you brush your teeth
4. Avoid alcohol, smoking and excessive consumption of caffeine products
5. Use natural breath fresheners such as mint leaves and parsley
6. Don’t use breath mints, mouth fresheners or mouthwashes which have alcohol in them as they may further dry up your mouth, causing bad breath
7. Try and include more of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet as these will keep you hydrated and supply you with the necessary nutrients to keep your digestive system functional and thus reduce bad breath.
Ayurveda for bad breath
Some of the home remedies as well as specialized Ayurvedic medications that can effectively combat bad breath are mentioned below. However, if you have a persistent problem, it is best to consult with an Ayurvedic practitioner who can help you with tailor made combinations specifically suited to your problem.
- Fenugreek or ‘methi’ and tea leaves: Methi is known to have many medicinal properties in Ayurveda. Boil methi leaves into a cup of tea and drink it once a day to see quick and lasting results.
- Cardamom seeds: This is a quick and effective remedy for bad breath, especially for social occasions. Chew on a few cardamom seeds after a smelly meal and it can definitely take care of your bad breath temporarily.
- Honey ginger and lemon combo: If your body has more ‘Kapha’ based symptoms, then this is a very good remedy. Mix equal amounts of honey with ginger juice and lemon juice and use that concoction to slowly gargle your mouth and then rinse.
- Some specialized medications: Certain special medications may be prescribed by your Ayurveda practitioner such as:
- Kushtha, Nagarmotha, Cardamom, and licorice mixtures
- Dashan Sanskar Churna which is a specially formulated charcoal powder meant for brushing
- Special mixtures made from ingredients such as Manjishtha, Clove, Khadir, Cardamom, Betel nut, Black Pepper, Mayaphal, Kulinjan, Cumin seeds, Vidang, Bakul, and Camphor among others; either in the form of edible medication or in the form of mouthwashes.
My age is 20. doctors suggested me to keep ceramic braces to teeth. Bt am feeling very shy now. Aftr a year my study will be completed. Is it OK to put the braces aftr a year? Is it be complicated or no prblm?
Does painless oral ulcer which does not heal within 1 month is always a cancer, or something else.Please tell.
Always brush two time daily after this also my mouth has bad breath like rotten things.I don't have drinking and smoking habit. What should I do?
I have done treatment for root canal but after 6 months it s paining whenever I eat something can you please help me out.
2. Limit vocal use when ill.
3. Take frequent breaks during voice use for extended periods.
4. Maintain good posture and breathe through your nose while not speaking.
5. Do not smoke & avoid alcohol intake.
6. Do not sing or mimic natural sounds or animal cries to train your voice