Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Umesh DYour feedback matters!
My mother is a sugar patient and she do not take any medicine and his heart is running very fast sometime so what should I do.
I am 53 years old diabetic and bp. Everything is normal condition. I am using Vita e gold everyday twice. My dysfunction is not improved .kindly suggest me .what to do. My sex life is very poor. Help me please.
I am 35years old I am suffering for diabetes still not consult to doctor from 6months I dont have time what can I do please sir tell me.
I m 66 years old and m diabetic as well as vegetarian.My sugar is 118/128 fasting and pp 187/189 Am i allowed to take eggs,milk, curd butter etc.
I was on thyronorm from 2011. But during 2014 I lost my health badly. Thats why I visited cmc vellore in november. There I consulted hod of endocrinology who after thorough investigation advised me to stop thyronorm. I also consulted gastro and finding was gastritis mild. I was also found to be calcium, vitamin d3 and vitamin b12 deficient. For these problems I was prescribed neurobion forte, sandocal, calcirol granule, dimol 40, atenolol 50 (i am taking atenolol from last 10 years). I was really very very fine in all respects in last 7 months. I recovered my lost health also. I checked up my thyroid blood in the last part of march which showed tsh as 12.26 and ft4 as 0.84. Again on 1st june I tested blood which showed ft4 as 0.80 and tsh as 17.40 and again on 18/6/15 blood report showed ft4 as 0.84 and tsh as 24+. Then on advice from my physician I am on eltroxin 50 mcg. But for last few days I have been facing various troubles such as gaseous abdomen, burping with sounds, pain in cervical region and backside of head, too much drowsiness and frequent instability with mental agony. Are these happening due to thyroxin or wrong dose of thyroxin or for from abdominal disturbance? please note that I am having cervical spondyltsis and hypertension from last 10 years. As per doctor's advice I have taken a refiximin for 2 weeks in last part of november 2014. Regards.
Both women and men suffer from infertility troubles. There are a host of causes that may lead to infertility in men such as lifestyle choices and obesity. Male infertility is characterized by irregular sperm function or reduced sperm count. Infertility has emerged as a common problem as a result of the modern day lifestyle. Extremely hectic schedules, stress, burnout, depression, unhealthy diets; all of these can contribute to fertility issues.
The various reasons for infertility in men are:
1. If you are overweight, then it is time to lose those extra kilos. Obesity leads to a number of health problems, one of them being erectile dysfunction.
2. Various hormonal problems such as complications of the hypothalamus, pituitary and adrenal glands may lead to low testosterone levels in the body.
3. Various infections such as inflammation of the testicles and epididymis that causes blockage of the tubes carrying the sperm can be a cause.
4. Various medications such as using anabolic steroids, antifungal medications and chemotherapy may hamper production of the sperm and thus hit fertility.
5. Both alcohol and cigarettes may cause problems in sperm production, and cause erectile dysfunction. Excessive drinking may lead to complications in the liver resulting in infertility.
The reasons of infertility may range from medical causes to lifestyle choices; some of the causes may be related to the environment. A common cause of infertility is due to problems with transportation of the sperm. These are mainly due to blockages in the tubes that carry the sperm.
Symptoms of infertility in men are:
1. You may experience low libido
2. Your sperm count may be low
3. You may experience lumps or swellings in the testicles
4. Chromosomal complications such as reduced body hair
5. You may have chronic respiratory problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Blood sugar control is the core of the diabetes treatment plan as by losing control over your blood sugar, you risk serious complications related to health. Frequent or ongoing irregular blood sugar levels can damage your blood vessels, nerves and organs. Irregular Blood Sugar Level is a major concern and can affect diabetic as well as general people.
The most common causes of uncontrolled blood sugar level are:
1. Skipping Insulin or oral glucose medicines.
2. Eating too many carbohydrates in general.
3. Have an infection
4. Exercising less or not at all.
Symptoms of increased sugar level in body
1. Increased Thirst: If you feel unusually thirsty and feel the urge to drink more than usual, you should check your sugar levels.
2. Frequent Urination: Excessive urination occurs when glucose builds up in your blood, and your kidney begins to work harder to get rid of the extra glucose. The excess sugar is thrown away from the body through urine.
3. Fatigue: Extreme tiredness or fatigue is common symptoms of uncontrolled blood sugar. If you do not have sufficient amount of insulin in your body, or if the insulin is not processed properly, then it stays in our blood. Hence, it does not get used up for energy.
4. Blurry Vision: High blood sugar levels can lead to swollen lenses in your eyes due to fluid leaking in, according to Joslin Diabetes Center. This changes the shape of the lens and makes it unable to focus properly, resulting in blurry vision.
You can also take the package for Managing Blood Sugar.
How you can control the level of sugar in your body
- Diet: Eat right. Consult a diabetes educator or dietician to help you figure out a healthy diet that works for you. Do share all your sugar levels, your preference with them. This would enable them to make a proper and more suitable diet plan for you, which will help you in keeping your blood sugar under control.
- Exercise: To keep your blood sugar control, do exercise regularly. Exercise will increase your insulin activity, after which you don’t need to as much insulin to help your body in processing carbohydrates.
- Medication: Insulin is a hormone that is normally produced in the body. But for people with abnormal blood sugar level, it is either not working as it should or the body has stopped producing it. People with abnormal Blood sugar level may need to take insulin in order to keep their blood glucose levels in a healthy range. Insulin helps your body to use glucose properly.
- Blood Glucose Monitoring: Monitor your blood glucose levels regularly in order to know how much insulin you require, especially before you take a meal. Keeping a check on your blood glucose levels will help you in adjusting your insulin medication as well as your meals, so that your blood sugar remains stable.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
I am 26 years and delivered baby before 7 months and I'm suffering from hypothyroidism from one and half years, how much time gap should be maintained for having gastritis medicine and thyroid medicine.
I have diabetes 147/224. I am taking medicine .but from last two days I got headache. So that should I do now?
What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
1. I am 49 2. I have diabetese mellitus type-ii 3. My bp remains 155/95 range 4. I take medicine for bp and diabetese 5. My ecg shows lad. 6. Tmt and echo tets are normal. 7. Shall I go for any further check up in relation with ecg abnormalities. What shall I do ?
I am diabetes and 60 years old, taking alcohol thrice in a week, what should I eat to reduce diabetes, I lost my sex power, please suggest which is healthy to increase my immunity.
My self name change (Aryan) I have diabetes last 3 month now I give my medical report of blood sugar & urine sugar ketone. Fasting plasma glucose 267.8 mg/DL 2 hrs plasma glucose 450.9 mg/DL Please tell me about my diabetes type . Because my Dr. not give me proper information. I am waiting for your answer . Thanking you .
Watermelon is tasty and sweaty. So I have a doubt that can a diabetic patient eat them? If any problem please.
1 - wheat 100 gm
2 - gum (of tree) (gondh) 100 gm
3 - barley 100 gm
4 - black seeds (kalunji) 100 gm
Method of preparation:
Put all the above ingredients in 5 cups of water.
Boil it for 10 minutes and put off the fire.
Allow it to cool down by itself.
When it has become cold, filter out the seeds and
Preserve water in a glass jug or bottle.
How to use it?
Take one small cup of this water every day early morning when your stomach is empty.
Continue this for 7 days.
Next week repeat the same but on alternate days.