Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Umesh DYour feedback matters!
My mother is hypertensive since 2 years, she has hypothyroidism also, her uric acid level is 7 since 1 year it is not coming to normal range, even after taking zyloric 300 tab, now she is complaining increased urination at night time and severe itching all over the body what should I do?
Many people are curious to know if they have diabetes. It is natural to worry especially if there are changes in their health.
Usually diabetes presents with increased thirst, increased urination, tiredness, weight loss, increased appetite. If you have any of these symptoms you should have your blood sugar levels tested. There are 3 tests which need to be done. One is fasting sugars, two is post prandial sugars and three is HBA1c. These 3 tests if on the higher side will indicate diabetes. The third test of HBA1c will indicate the duration of increased blood sugars in the previous months. A consultation post these 3 tests will enable your doctor to guide you on the further mode of treatment.
The management of diabtes in basicially through drugs, insulin, exercise and diet modifications. If you have further doubts you should consult on further management.
I am 25 year old male and suffering from diabetes pl give me information how I will take my diet and information about control diabetes.
My T3 is 232 and T4 is 15.6. Also TSH is 0.008. What can I do. Which doctor I have to consult. My LDL is 186. I refer to General physician and he recommended oncologist. Please suggest what to do.
I am 36 years female, I am diabetic patient, I am suffering from throat pain due to tonsillitis it is having layer of yellow and infected.
My mother is a diabetic patient since a year. From 8-9 months, she feels very stressed and starts crying very frequently. On being diagnosed, she was detected to have hyper tension. But the doctor says it will be a very slow recovery process. Can you please suggest something that may help in her early recovery.Please tell.
Type 2 diabetes is commonly seen in adults, but nowadays its prevalence is rapidly increasing in young adults and even teenagers. It is a chronic disorder that adversely affects the way your body processes and metabolizes the glucose (blood sugar).
In Type 2 Diabetes, your body either resist the effects of insulin, a hormone that controls the sugar flow into the cells or does not produce adequate insulin to maintain a normal glucose level. Incorporating a healthy living, with the focus being on eating healthy and exercising regularly (for about 30-45 minutes) can help keep Diabetes Type 2 in check.
- Take small and frequent meals i.e. 4-6 times a day spread across regular time intervals. Also, carry a quick fix of carbs that can come to aid when the sugar levels drop.
- Foods rich in fiber and complex carbohydrates, such as bread, vegetables, fruits and whole grain cereals should be at the top of the priority food list. Stay away from fatty or fried food.
- Keep a check on your glucose level regularly at home with the help of a blood glucose meter.
- A three monthly HBA1C test (three-month average blood sugar) can help to know overall blood sugar control.
- Limit consumption of alcohol and completely cut down on tobacco.
- Get up from your couch and hit the nearest jog course or do the exercise of your choice. There is no substitute to physical activities if you are on your way to control Diabetes; be if any type.
- Assess cholesterol and blood pressure count periodically.
- Because of nerve damage and poor blood circulation, your foot may have to bear the brunt of this disorder as well. Take good care of your feet. Check your feet for swelling, red spots and blisters; wear special shoes with a soft pair of socks that can keep your feet dry. Get your feet examine by special instruments for blood circulation and sensation in feet.
- Diabetes damages oral health as well. Visit a dentist for a gum and tooth checkup at least a couple of times in a year.
- Get your kidneys and retina tested as diabetes may weaken the blood vessels of these areas.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.