Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Umashankar .N
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Umashankar .NYour feedback matters!
The Doctor explained the problem and it's cause clearly, and told how to avoid the same.
Wrinkles are inevitable with advancing age and most individuals find them annoying. Luckily, there are many available medical options to reduce these pesky lines and look younger. Your dermatologist can help you with a variety of gentle options like:
- Retinoid creams: These creams are derivatives of Vitamin A and cause superficial peeling off the skin, reduce rough bumps and lighten superficial pigmentation. These are prescription medicines and have to be used carefully under proper medical supervision to avoid side effects like itching and burning reactions.
- Peels: This a procedure in which your physician applies a thin layer of medicine on top of the skin for a few minutes and then washes it off. Over the next few days, a very superficial layer of the topmost skin layer is then gradually shed off. The regenerating skin from below is fresher, smoother and younger.
- Lasers and other rejuvenating devices: Different kinds of lasers can be used to target different layers of the skin. Non-ablative lasers gently heat deeper parts of the skin to tighten collagen to give a smoothening effect. Ablative lasers are more aggressive and remove superficial layers of skin with great precision. Radio-frequency and ultrasound machines use other forms of energy to gently heat deeper parts of the skin to achieve a tightening and smoothening effect
- Botulinum toxin: This is injected into frown lines and crows lines to relax the muscles causing the wrinkles. The effect typically lasts for about 6 months.
- Fillers: These are substances which are injected into the deeper wrinkles to pump up the furrows. The commonest substance used is called hyaluronic acid and is the same substance that exists naturally below the skin.
And of course, daily precautions like using sunscreens, moisturizers, maintaining a healthy lifestyle and avoiding smoking goes a long way in preventing wrinkles.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
When tissues that usually grow inside the uterus, start growing outside the organ, it is called endometriosis. Painful periods, pain during sex, pain while urinating or bowel movements, extreme bleeding, fatigue, infertility, diarrhea, bloating and nausea are some of the symptoms of endometriosis.
Treating endometriosis usually depends on the following factors
- Severity of symptoms
- Severity of the disease
- Future plans for children
Depending on these the doctor might opt for any of the following treatments
- Medication for Pain: If the symptoms are mild, then the doctor will prescribe some pain killers like Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Hormone Therapy: Hormone therapy is effective, but once you stop them, your symptoms may come back. Some of the hormone therapies include:
- Hormonal Contraceptives: Birth control pills, vaginal rings and patches are useful in controlling the hormones that are responsible for tissue build-up outside the uterine cavity.
- Medroxyprogesterone: This drug stops menstruation, which in turn stops the tissue build-up and put an end to all the symptoms. But on the other hand, gaining weight, low bone production and depression are some of the common effects of this drug.
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) antagonists and agonists: Hormones that stimulate ovaries are blocked by these. They bring down oestrogen levels and hence prevent menstruation.
- Danazol: This drug prevents menstruation and symptoms of endometriosis by blocking the hormones that stimulate the ovaries. However, Danazol may not be a favourable option because of its side effects. The drug should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Conservative Surgery: If you are trying to get pregnant, but you already suffer from endometriosis, then removing endometriosis surgically is a viable solution. Your uterus and ovaries will be preserved, which might increase your chances of becoming pregnant. Even suffering from severe pain might find relief from conservative surgery.
- Hysterectomy: In extreme cases, the only way to deal with the symptoms is to completely remove the uterus, ovaries and cervix. Since a hysterectomy means you cannot have children, it is kept as the last option for women in their reproductive age. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
What should I do to cure my dandruff problem it seriously created many problems like acne pimples on head and on face and on chest there r also some pimples suggest some treatment plz.
I am having hair fall since a longtime and now my baldness is getting visible clearly. I am planning to go for a transplant. What could be done?
I am 20 years old. When I was in class 11 I had a lipoma on my left forearm. Now I have 5-6 small lipomas on both hand. I do GYM. And took creatine for 3 months. Will going to gym make my lipoma big? And can I take whey protien and creatine?
Actually I Drink Lots of water in a Day but I Can not loose my body weight, Or pimples on my face, pimple left dar spots and scars ,what can I do. I can't use any medicated or any other company things so please suggest me.
My first question is, does sunblock fully block UV RAYS? And does sunblock 100% prevent you from tanning or getting darker, no matter how hot it is outside? Second question: If by chance, I have tanning, old or recent tanning. What is the procedure to remove the tanning naturally? Will it go away by itself even if the tanning is old? Third question; how much sun exposure is okay per day? If the sun is around 95-100F? How many minutes until tanning occurs in this kind of weather? Thanks!
Skin problem is one of the most persistent problems encountered by people. It is imperative, therefore, that you take care of your skin to avoid skin disorders and women's are best in taking care of their skin.
Here are some fail proof techniques that women with great skin follow:
- They use a good night cream: Night time is when your skin gets to relax and rejuvenate. Help this process by adding a good night cream to your daily ritual. A retinoid cream, for example, is a vitamin a derivative rich in collagen which helps in skin repair. They can also help reduce the occurrence of fine lines and pimples.
- They work on their blemishes: Some have puffy eyes, others have dark circles or sun spots and may be even a couple of wrinkles here and there. But all these flaws can be steadily worked upon on a daily basis to reduce the skin problems and prevent appearance of new ones.
- They cleanse it right: Cleansing the skin is almost done like a ritual. It has its set of rules which differ from skin to skin. As a base rule, women with good complexion do it at least twice a day - once in the morning and once before bed. It helps clear the oil, dirt, impurities and make up that clogs the pores and lets the skin breath. Use lukewarm water and a creamy cleanser. Let the cleanser sit on your skin for a minute while you gently rub it in before you wash off. This is one step women with good skin simply don't miss.
- They follow the antioxidant mantra: Foods rich in omega 3 and antioxidant-rich foods like blueberries, green leafy veggies, and green tea help reduce the effects of aging to add a youthful glow to the skin. Here are some of the most common anti-aging treatments.