Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
I have too many acne on my cheeks and forehead and have too many acne scars on forehead and cheeks what is the best way to get rid of these problems .
I have a big tough pimple on one side of my chin & its is too tough it's like a hard rock, it can't pop up & I have this bump from last 3 years.
I am 48 years old. 5 years ago I had hair transplantation successfully. I have to grow more hair in the back portion of my head. Is any medicine in allopathic / Ayurvedic or in homeopathic? Please reply.
I am 21 years old. My face is getting weak day by day. Like black rounds under eyes and cheeks are going inside. What could be the reason for this.
Does Seborrheic Dermatitis can cause a person to go completely bald or make him suffer with permanent hair loss?
I have lost a lot of hair during chicken pox which took more than seven days to get cured. Will the hair grow back?
Best diet for thick and strong hairs. And onion juice mask is effective for hair gain for my 12 years daughter.
Hello there? Hey I am 25 years old my weight is 45. I want if I start running in the morning will it will effect my weight I will loose my by running? Please someone answer me!
Sir myself abhi tiwari, I am facing a skin problem i. E my pimples worried about in many years sir please help me to solve my problem.
I m 19 years old suffering from hairfall plsss give me some suggestion. Is getting bald is good option to prevent hairfall?
I am a dark guy, I don't drink and never smoked before, but my lips are too dark, can I get healthy pink lips.
Actually I have pimples on my face it feels disgusting to walk between many people can you help me out to reduce the redness of the pimples.
Meri nose pr dark circles pad gaye h or vo kisi bhi medicine se remove nhi ho rhe. Mene soltred gel or betnovet cream bhi use kr k dekh li. Ap ap kuch btao.
To help indians keep their hair healthy, dermatologists recommend the following tips:
1. Wash hair once a week or every other week: this will help prevent build-up of hair care products, which can be drying to the hair.
2. Use conditioner: use conditioner every time you wash your hair. Be sure to coat the ends of the hair with conditioner, as the ends are the oldest and most fragile part of your hair.
3. Use a hot oil treatment twice a month: this adds additional moisture and elasticity to your hair.
4. Use a heat protecting product before styling: adding this to wet hair before styling will help minimize heat damage.
5. Use caution with relaxers: to minimize hair damage, always go to a professional hair stylist to ensure that the relaxer is applied safely. Touch-ups should only be done every two to three months and only to newly grown hair. Never apply relaxer to hair that has already been relaxed.
6. Use ceramic combs or irons to press hair: if you would like to press or thermally straighten your hair, use a ceramic comb or iron and only do so once a week. Use a straightening device with a dial to ensure the device is not too hot. Use the lowest possible temperature setting that gives you the style you want. A higher temperature may be necessary for thicker, coarser hair.
7. Make sure braids, cornrows or weaves are not too tight: if it hurts while your hair is being styled, ask the stylist to stop and redo it. Pain equals damage.
Reference: american academy of dermatology.
I am 19 year old and I want to know how to get natural glow in face and I have normal skin with medium complexion.
How to get rid of thigh and butt fat. And how to remove acne scars. And holes on face. Suggest me best home remedies for both the question. Or else any product.
While the sun is necessary for our skin and overall health, excessive exposure often results in many skin problems. Age spots, which are actually sunspots, blemishes, pigmentation and sunburns are just a few of the sun related damages that your skin may have to face.
Sunscreen is your best friend outdoors
Sunscreen should be worn at all times whenever you go outdoors. Also if you plan to be outdoors for too long, then reapply sunscreen from time to time as you may need to replenish the protection for your skin. A sunscreen with a SPF count of 30 or above is usually preferred; however, this should completely be determined by the type of skin.
What type of damage can sun do to your skin?
Visible sun related damage to your skin could be any or all of the following:
- Skin which is patchy
- Dark spots
- Uneven skin tone
- Age spots
These are primarily manifestations of deep rooted sun related damage caused by one of the following:
- Superficial pigmentation: This is a pigmentation problem, which is mostly caused close to the uppermost layer of your skin i.e. the epidermis. This usually ends showing up as age spots and freckles.
- Deep hyper-pigmentation: As opposed to superficial pigmentation, deeper pigmentation problems occur when age related damage is the cause and there has been prolonged sun exposure. This requires more detailed treatment and thus topical products such as peels may not be as effective as the damage has been at a deeper layer of the skin.
- Brown patches or melasma: Often called the mask of pregnancy as it commonly afflicts expectant women, it may occur in other cases due to hormonal problems as well. It appears as darker patches on your skin within the bridge of the nose, cheeks and forehead. Sun damage aggravates this problem multi fold and thus can make a slight or small problem much worse.
Treatments against sun damage
As mentioned earlier, the best way to reverse sun damage is to use the correct SPF for your skin. A single SPF rating isn’t correct for everyone and it is best to consult a dermatologist to determine what rating would be correct for you. However, some of the other modern treatments you can rely on to reverse and prevent sun damage could be:
- Peels that give instant clarity by reducing pigmentation
- Reducing complexes such as certain liquid applicants that lessen topical pigmentation
- Skin rejuvenating Lasers that provide instant clarity with Laser action
- PRP or platelet rich plasma that is derived from the cells of your own body and then used as a serum to be injected into the skin to heighten its self- healing powers.