Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Umashankar .NYour feedback matters!
I am having lots of pimple marks on my face and sunken cheeks. I want to get rid of these. Earlier I didnt have sunken cheeks. I eat everything right like fruits proteins but still theres no glow on my face. Plus I am having pimple marks and sunken cheeks. I want to get rid of these. What should I do?
I am loosing hair quickly since from past 4 months, my hair density is very less, I tried lot of shampoos and also some medicine they show their impact to some extend but with time situation is going same as before, now please give me some tips which help me to solve my hair problem.
1- Every 2nd week I get cold . Climate changes and I get cold. Due to dust also I get cold . 2- At teen age I had pimples on face and due to those pimples I have light black marks on my face till now. And I still have small pimples on face. And it looks bad. Face doesn't look clean. Please help me with the solution of these two problems. Thanks.
Dr. how much should I drink water to keep my skin fresh and healthy, Dr. do you know any medicine to cure oily skin please help me.
My face is full of pimples and I am taking safi as a remedy. Is it okay and I am not seeing any results so far. What can I do to get rid of pimples and get my face cleaned?
My fingers are infected with eczema since two years. They seem to be fine while using medicines but they come to the same state after discontinuing medicines. Please help me out with this problem Note. Both left and right hand fingers.
I am getting itch near groin area. Its turning red colour where I used to scratch due to itching. Later it turns black colour. Now it's spreaded all over my body. Pls suggest me something for me, what should I do as a precautionary measure. Is there any medicine for vanishing those dark black colour pls suggest me I am afraid my body will totally become black patched.
I am losing hair quickly. I try all shampoo but no result found can you help me for hair falling resque.
Sir my age is 23. Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. Sir I had habit of masturbating 5 times daily since 5 years during phone sex by rubbing penis against bed for hours. I was enjoying my masturbating habit. I had started it at the age of 17. But sir during mid half of 22 .8 month ago .one day I felt severe pain in the left half head back side .a shooting pain. From.there it goes to whole head. I was in a severe pain those days at single point on half head. I went to an neurologist .he ordered CT scan of head. It was shown some sinus in my head. Doctor says it is normal. At that time my bp was 150/100. That time I left habit of masturbation but used to have night fall daily basis. After 2 month when I was doing yoga .one day I had frequent urination upto 30 times and weight loss on third day. Sugar was tested it was normal. So I had urinary tract infection. I had taken medicine for it but it was reoccurring. And also I started feeling bones and muscle pain in whole body. And numbness and tingling im whole body along with light abdominal pain. So I had my uric acid test .it was normal. But my urgency to pass urine was more frequent and dark colored reddish urine. again I had urine culture it was normal. But infection was with 4-5 pus cell. So I had ultrasound of abdomen and prostate .it came mild prostatomegaly 22. 6 cc and right renal cortical cyst. I had MRI plain of abdomen. It also came with right renal cortical cyst. But my problems of numbness and tingling in whole body increasing day by day. I am having excessive hair growth on whole body even on eyebrows and head but retarded growth on moustache. I am having more bone and muscle pain including mouth along with inflammation in body. Chest pain. Chest and abdomen enlargement too. Much.abdomen is looking too bad. Since 8 month my appetite is reduced. When I was well I had 7 chappati at a time. Now from 8 month I am having 2 chappati at time. But still I am having chest and abdomen enlargement. Along with hair growth on whole body .with new hair growth. Sir I had my total blood testosterone it came 2.21 ng/ml. 2 month ago and cortisol 234ng/ml. FSH was 6.28 miu/ml. So in mid I took glginseng and shilajeet and daily intake of 1 kg mangoes. After 2 month I again had my test testosterone came 3.73ng/ml. Cortisol 153ng/ml. Prolactin 11.28 ng/ml. Tsh is 1.34. .but sir still I am having problems. My bp is 150/100 and sugar is lowering 66 after eating. Sir I am also noticing that my testicle size is reducing. They are now 2 cm very small. Sir my abdomen pain when I sit and when I drink and eat something. And left half head shooting pain. It pains a lot. Sir I think some hormonal problem is in my body. Sir I think I had some type of adrenal tumour or pituitary tumour. I can not distinguish because e I am not a doctor but you can help me better. Sir can you tell me where is the problem?
I have hair fall problem from past 2 years My age is 20 now I took medicines for Past 1 and half years From past 6-8 months hair falls increase a lot Now what should I do to cure it I took medicines like Mintop 5%,10%,Hair Root, Vitamin Tablets, Ketoconazole Danclear Shampoo, Ect. Which is best Medicines or PRP TREATMENT or Lace System?
I am suffering from pimples and I am 17 years old boy. I had tried many things but dosent matter anything. So pls say some advice to get rid from this issue. Thx.
I have dark circles around my eyes. How to reduce them. I am 38 years old female. Having lot of stress. My sleep pattern is 6-7 hours 12 am to 6 am.
The harsh sun during summer causes several problems apart from just sunburn. Prolonged exposure to the sun may lead to several skin conditions like brown spots, red and scaly spots, wrinkling, drying and skin cancer. It is important for you to prevent your skin from such harmful effects of the sun. Here are 10 tips you must follow in order to safe guard your skin against sun damage:
- Wear a sunscreen: You must apply a thick layer of sunscreen lotion on your skin before going out in the harsh sun, as a thin coating will reduce the effectiveness.
- Cover yourself up: It is important for you to cover up properly before going out in the sun. Clothing of dark and tightly woven materials absorb UV rays more than cotton fabrics of light shades. Hence, you should avoid dark clothes and wear light ones. When the sun is very harsh, a well-brimmed hat is also recommended for protection of your head.
- Stay indoors: You should avoid the sun during its peak and most intense hours, specifically between 10 in the morning to 4 in the evening. Try to stay indoors during these hours and use an umbrella, if you cannot avoid going out.
- Wear sunglasses: Sunglasses are a must before going out on an intense sunny day. Sun damage to the eyes can result in conditions like cataract and pterygium. Wear sunglasses with 99% to 100% UVB and UVA protection for keeping your eyes safe.
- Avoid reflective surfaces: Try to be careful near water, sand or snow, which are reflective surfaces. They reflect harmful rays of the sun, thereby increasing he chance of sunburn.
- Avoid sunbathing: During harsh sun conditions, you should avoid sun bathing. Fair-skinned people should keep away from sun bathing even more. When you observe that your shadow is shorter than you, you must find a shade.
- Do not get fooled by the weather: Do not think that a cloudy sky reduces the chances of a sun damage. In spite of a thick cloud cover, UV rays can penetrate your skin, thereby, causing substantial harm.
- Photosensitivity: Several medicines and drugs make the skin extra sensitive to the sun, increasing the risk of sunburn. Some herbal medicines are responsible as well. Keep away from these drugs.
- Avoid tanning beds: UVA rays present in tanning beds can penetrate your skin quite deep. In fact, regular exposure to UVA rays leads to skin drying and causes wrinkles.
- Consume antioxidants: Antioxidants provide protection from the sun’s rays. You should increase the consumption of vegetables, fruits and drink green tea during summer.
The sun’s rays cause more damage to the skin than you can think of. By following these preventive measures, you will be able to spend time in the sun without getting affected.
Keep the above-mentioned tips in mind and prevent your skin from the harsh sun. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.