Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Uma PrakashYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 2 months pregnant I want to know about prenatal medications and injections. Kindly suggest.
Can Glucostat tab be used for a patient with PCOD overweight and trying to conceive? The lady has a height of 5.2 and weight of 76 kgs.
I had sex with my girlfriend on 8th day of her period without protection but I ejaculated outside and also I had sex in standing position, and her date is 17th and still she is not having her period, im so so worried doctors, please tell me something, that I can do in home to avoid her pregnancy if she is, im so worried doctors please please please suggest me pleases, I do not no what to do now, is there something that I can give to her, I do not want to give her tablets and I can not take her to any doctor, please if there something that can help me and that I can do in home then please tell me please doctors I request you please doctors suggest me. Thanks.
If there was no Intercourse between the partners but their private parts touched each other. Is there anything to worry about?
Natural Ways to Increase Your Testotorone
1. Lose Weight If you're overweight, shedding the excess pounds may increase your testosterone level. Overweight men are more likely to have low testosterone levels to begin with. If you are serious about losing weight, you have got to strictly limit the amount of processed sugar in your diet, as evidence is mounting that excess sugar, and fructose in particular, is the primary driving factor in the obesity epidemic. So cutting soda from your diet is essential, as is limiting fructose found in processed foods, fruit juice, excessive fruit and so-called "healthy" sweeteners. Ideally you should keep your total fructose consumption below 25 grams per day and this includes fruits. This is especially true if you have insulin resistance and are overweight, have high blood pressure, diabetes or high cholesterol.In addition to eliminating or severely limiting fructose, it will be vital to eliminate all grains and milk in your diet. Milk has a sugar called lactose, which has been shown to increase insulin resistance so it will be wise to avoid it if you are seeking to lose weight.Refined carbohydrates like breakfast cereals, bagels, waffles, pretzels, and most other processed foods also quickly break down to sugar, increase your insulin levels, and cause insulin resistance, which is the number one underlying factor of nearly every chronic disease and condition known to man, including weight gain.As you cut these dietary troublemakers from your meals, you need to replace them with healthy substitutes like vegetables and healthy fats. Your body prefers the carbohydrates in micronutrient-dense vegetables rather than grains and sugars because it slows the conversion to simple sugars like glucose, and decreases your insulin level. When you cut grains and sugar from your meals, you typically will need to radically increase the amount of vegetables you eat, as well as make sure you are also consuming protein and healthy fats regularly.The foods you choose to eat will be the driving force behind successfully achieving your weight loss goals -- high-intensity, short-burst-type exercises, two to three times per week, combined with a comprehensive fitness plan, is important too, and has an additional benefit as well
2. Both intermittent fasting and short intense exercise have been shown to boost testosterone.Short intense exercise has a proven positive effect on increasing testosterone levels and preventing its decline. Intermittent fasting boosts testosterone by increasing the expression of satiety hormones including insulin, leptin, adiponectin, glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1), colecystokinin (CKK) and melanocortins, all of which are known to potentiate healthy testosterone actions, increase libido and prevent age-related testosterone decline.Having a whey protein meal after exercise can further enhance the satiety/testosterone-boosting.
.3. Consume Plenty of Zinc the mineral zinc is important for testosterone production, and supplementing your diet for as little as six weeks has been shown to cause a marked improvement in testosterone among men with low levels. Likewise, research has shown that restricting dietary sources of zinc leads to a significant decrease in testosterone, while zinc supplementation increases itmand even protects men from exercised-induced reductions in testosterone levels. It's estimated that up to 45 percent of adults over the age of 60 may have lower than recommended zinc intakes. Your diet is the best source of zinc; along with protein-rich foods like meats and fish, other good dietary sources of zinc include raw milk, raw cheese, beans, and yogurt or kefir made from raw milk. It can be difficult to obtain enough dietary zinc if you're a vegetarian, and also for meat-eaters as well, largely because of conventional farming methods that rely heavily on chemical fertilizers and pesticides. Taking too much zinc can interfere with your body's ability to absorb other minerals, especially copper, and may cause nausea as a side effect.
4. Strength TrainingIn addition to Peak Fitness, strength training is also known to boost testosterone levels, provided you are doing so intensely enough. When strength training to boost testosterone, you'll want to increase the weight and lower your number of reps, and then focus on exercises that work a large number of muscles, such as dead lifts or squats.
5. Optimize Your Vitamin D LevelsVitamin D, a steroid hormone, is essential for the healthy development of the nucleus of the sperm cell, and helps maintain semen quality and sperm count. Vitamin D also increases levels of testosterone, which may boost libido. In one study, overweight men who were given vitamin D supplements had a significant increase in testosterone levels after one year.
6.D deficiency is currently at epidemic proportions in the United States and many other regions around the world, largely because people do not spend enough time in the sun to facilitate this important process of vitamin D production.So the first step to ensuring you are receiving all the benefits of vitamin D is to find out what your levels are using, more recently the optimal vitamin D level has been raised to 50-70 ng/ml.To get your levels into the healthy range, sun exposure is the BEST way to optimize your vitamin D levels; exposing a large amount of your skin until it turns the lightest shade of pink, at dusk or dawn is typically necessary to achieve adequate vitamin D. As a last resort, a vitamin D3 supplement can be taken orally, but research suggests the average adult needs to take 8,000 IU's of vitamin D per day in order to elevate their levels above 40 ng/ml, which is the absolute minimum for disease prevention.
6. Reduce StressWhen you're under a lot of stress, your body releases high levels of the stress hormone cortisol. This hormone actually blocks the effects of testosterone, presumably because, from a biological standpoint, testosterone-associated behaviors (mating, competing, aggression) may have lowered your chances of survival in an emergency (hence, the "fight or flight" response is dominant, courtesy of cortisol).In the modern world, chronic stress, and subsequently elevated levels of cortisol, could mean that testosterone's effects are blocked in the long term, which is what you want to avoid.My favorite overall tool to manage stress i It's a handy, Other common stress-reduction tools with a high success rate include prayer, meditation, laughter and yoga, for example. Learning relaxation skills, such as deep breathing and positive visualization, which is the "language" of the subconscious.When you create a visual image of how you'd like to feel, your subconscious will understand and begin to help you by making the needed biochemical and neurological changes.
7. Limit or Eliminate Sugar from Your DietTestosterone levels decrease after you eat sugar, which is likely because the sugar leads to a high insulin level, another factor leading to low testosterone. Based on estimates, an average person consumes 12 teaspoons of sugar a day, which equates to about TWO TONS of sugar during a lifetime.Why we eat this much sugar is not difficult to understand -- it tastes good, and it gives us pleasure by triggering an innate process in your brain via dopamine and opioid signals. most people stand to reap major improvements in their health by cutting back on, or eliminating, sugar altogether from their diets. Remember foods that contain added sugar and fructose, as well as grains like bread and pasta, should all be limited.If you're struggling with sugar addiction and having trouble dealing with cravings, try psychotherapy.
8. Eat Healthy FatsBy healthy, this means not only mon- and polyunsaturated fats, like that found in avocadoes and nuts, but also saturated, as these are essential for building testosterone.
9.The ideal diet includes somewhere between 50-70 percent fat.It's important to understand that your body requires saturated fats from animal and vegetable sources (such as meat, dairy, certain oils, and tropical plants like coconut) for optimal functioning, and if you neglect this important food group in favor of sugar, grains and other starchy carbs, your health and weight are almost guaranteed to suffer.
It's 2 months since I missed my periods. I took pregnancy test at home , I got only one line. What should I do now?
Hello sir/madam I am 25years old I had a doubt! One week ago I had protected sex, after attaining orgasm I removed my male part from her female part, but mine is not attached with condom. Even though the entire semen is stagnant in condom I still afraid is there any chance of getting pregnant? Because while removing condom from her part I see the outside layer with white greasy substance in outside of condom. Was that my semen or condom lubricant? Or any other? I'm afraid because this was my first experience for both of us. Please help me to resolve this issue. Thank you.
I am 29 years old married woman. 8 years 7 months married and have 2 son. MY husband age 44 years, during sex he did lots of oral sex so I am tired. Oral sex good for health?
I got married on 9th June, I got my regular periods for three days, last month my period was first day only half day and no flow. Second day only half day no flow and stopped. As of now my stomach is getting big. I took pregnancy test at home it says negative. I am bit worried am I con-sieve or I am getting fat. Kindly clarify please.
Hello, doctor's, I am 23 years married girl. This time my MC had not come yet. It's already delay by a week. In last month it had on last week of month but this time it's not same. During my MC I had stomach pain and some allergy so I n my husband went to doctor n they prescribed some antibiotics n allergies tablet after that pain is normal. Will you please tell me is this sign of pregnancy or due to medicine dose it could be cause? When I can check for pregnancy test ? (we had intercourses on my period days and before that also someday, might have problem? M waiting for you valuable feedback. Thanks.
What is hair transplant Where it can be helpful What is the cost for it Time period for which it last.
Hi Doctor my wife pregnant around 8 to 9 week from yesterday she got bleeding not much. During white discharged now it's pink colour we had ultrasound that time fetus size is 9.8 mm and as per doctor we need to wait 10 days more. But as of now she is not feel like periods days. So please help us is it fine? Or any chance of miscarriage.
I had my first baby on 20th November 2015 now I have missed my period due on 28 Oct 2016 and took a home pregnancy test and it came out positive. Is the time gap between the two pregnancy less than 12 months OK will there be any complications for the baby or me The first pregnancy had some complications in the first trimester with bleeding and cramping and during delivery epidural was used as I was not able to bare the pain and almost went hyper The baby was pulled with vacuum. Please advise.
A new study suggests that regular usage of aspirin is likely to reduce the overall risks of cancer a reduction that primarily reflects a lower risk of colorectal cancer and other tumors of the gastrointestinal tracts
And it also tells patients should be well informed about the potential side effects of regular aspirin treatment and continue their regular screening tests but aspirin should not be viewed as a substitute for colonoscopy or other cancer screening tests.
We had sex yesterday. Without any protection but she is not ready For the baby. She had periods 16 days ago. So what are the chances or risk and what are the symptoms of pregnancy and a effective natural way to stop pregnancy after sex.
These days a life without a smartphone seems impossible. It has created a world of constant involvement for each of us .We all admit to the fact that we use our smartphones throughout the day from early in the morning till bedtime to ingest information.
This revolutionary device has substituted many traditional alternatives such as night watches, alarm clocks, calendars, flashlights, nightstand books, etc. Hence, most of us leave our smartphones to charge at night, right beside us on bed, for ease of accessibility. A time even when we donot accept to stay away from it. But this is not advisable for many reasons.
Reasons not to sleep with your smartphones on the bed
Substantially less sleep
Studies show that our constant need and ability to stay connected creates stresses of its own. These studies provide evidence to show that the radiation smartphones emit affects the quality of our sleep.
Let?s read through the various reasons why smartphones could adversely affect our quality of sleep.
Smartphones emit a certain type of ?Blue Light?, which is known to significantly affect the production and effectiveness of the sleep inducing human hormone called Melatonin.
This may be because blue light emits wavelengths similar to daylight, which can make our bodies think its daytime, at any time.
Much like standard light bulbs or fluorescent strips, mobile LED lights too aggravates the production of sleep producing Melatonin and stimulates the pigments called melanopsin within the cells in the retina, passing on signals to the brain.
Even a pulse of light lasting for as less as 0.12 seconds could delay the body clock and trigger the body into an alert mode thereby affecting the relaxation needed for Sleep.
Better yet, keep your smartphone in another room while you slumber. Radiations interfere with our body?s ability to repair itself from any damage suffered throughout the day.
Increase in irritability and stress
Anything that disrupts the quality of our sleep impacts our attentiveness and irritability in the short and long term. In fact, sleeping with smartphones is especially bad for kids and teenagers who typically need more sleep than adults, (and who statistically sleep with their phones close to their heads more than adults). It can cause mood and personality changes, ADHD-like symptoms, and depression in kids.
Chances of a fatal fire
A teen in Texas woke up, choking with the burning smell. Her Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone was on fire, which was tucked beneath her pillow. The culprit was the non-Samsung phone battery, the phone?s manual made it very clear that using of incompatible phone battery and chargers can be risky. Therefore, the moral of the story is better to stick with phone accessories from the original manufacturer and never keep your phone under your pillow or thick materials.
The health risks of cell phones
There?s been no research that verifies cell phone use source cancer; in fact, the relations to any kind of health risk aren?t yet clear. In general, cell phones are said to emit such small doses of electromagnetic radiation?which is also emitted from X-rays and microwaves and can lead to tumour growth. Still, the World Health Organization warned in 2011 that usage may be possibly carcinogenic to humans, especially in children, whose scalps and skulls are thinner than adults?, and more vulnerable to radiation emitted by smartphones. So if you?re at all worried about the possible cancer risk, try to text instead of call, hold the phone away from your ear, or use an earpiece or the speakerphone setting as much as possible?and definitely don?t sleep with the phone next to your head.
A sabotaged Sex life
A loved one is definitely more cuddly and sexy than a smartphone. Nevertheless the current wave of cell phone obsession has severely affected the sexual elements of a relationship. A recent survey reveals that a whopping 72% Americans keep their cell phones within 5 feet of their bed and keep checking for any updates, even in the midst of a Sexual Intercourse.
Some mandatory Precautions to be taken
Most experts around the globe have repeatedly highlighted the importance of constraining ourselves for over-usage of smartphones, especially during bed-time. Not only does the practice help in better sleep quality but also keeps the body away from radiations, at least during the night time.
Limit the number of calls you make before sleep.
Limit the length of your calls soon before bed time.
Use hands-free devices (wired cell phone headsets or wireless ones like Bluetooth) , in case a bed time call is absolutely unavoidable.
If you are not using a hands-free device, put the cell on ?speaker phone? or hold the phone away from your ear.
If you have a habit of listening to music or playing games on the mobile phone during leisurely night time, put your phone on ?airplane mode? when possible. Airplane mode means email, Internet, and phone can?t be used, but you can listen to music or play games on the phone.
Prefer messaging, instead of talking, before going to sleep.
Go over these guidelines with your children and limit their cell phone use during sleep time.
No doubt, the matter of sleeping with our smartphones is part of a larger issue we face as a society by being engaged to all our devices 24/7. But, productive sleep in particular is important in helping our bodies recover from the stresses of the day. Being concerned and checking our phones before and during sleep, along with the fact that phones emit radiation, means that attaining a state of deep sleep is difficult. Henceforth, little by little, we should make a conscious effort to limit the negative effects of sleeping close to our phones every night.