Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Uma PrakashYour feedback matters!
My wife's age is 40 years and her concern is how to care her breast which is saggy because of age and two daughters took breast milk. How it will attractive and firmer?
Am 25years old, married5month before. From first night husband complaint to me very loose vagina. What I do? Help me.
My wife after sex feels very weak and specially in her legs she feels very pain. She couldn't able to walk tell me what is the reason behind it nd how cure it.
Hi I am 29 years old female I have delivered a baby on 3/3/15 but the problem ye hai ki much tab se aj take period nahi hua hai please suggest ki period kaise hoga.
Vitamin D is crucial for you because it is crucial for regulating the immune system as well as making sure that phosphorous and calcium get absorbed into the bloodstream. However, Vitamin D is crucial for a number of other reasons as well. Here they are:
- Multiple sclerosis: Vitamin D is crucial in lessening your chances of getting multiple sclerosis.
- Heart disease: It has also recently been agreed upon that Vitamin D reduces your chances of getting heart disease.
- Flu: The flu is yet another disease, which may not occur if you have an adequate amount of Vitamin D in your diet.
- Depression: Vitamin D also plays a crucial role in a person's mood. The more Vitamin D there is in your body and diet, the more stable your mood is. The risks of depression are also reduced when your body and diet has an adequate amount of Vitamin D.
- Weight loss: As mentioned earlier, Vitamin D has a number of benefits among which preventing heart disease is included. However, it is worth note that weight loss is also made easier with the more vitamin D you have. This is because Vitamin D has an appetite suppressing effect. However, it should be kept in mind that Vitamin D has to be taken alongside a lot of calcium for these appetite suppressing effects to occur.
- Cancer: Vitamin D is imperative for regulating cell growth. It is also crucial for cell-to-cell communication. 200 genes in the human body are affected adversely when there is an inadequate amount of Vitamin D in your body.
- Diabetes: In a recent study, it has been concluded that infants who received an adequate amount of vitamin D had their chances of suffering from Type 1 reduced by almost 88 percent by the time they turn 30.
- Rickets: The softening of the bones is termed as rickets. Rickets is yet another disease which is caused by an insufficient amount of Vitamin D. The reason for this is that calcium is not absorbed and therefore the bones soften.
Rickets is yet another disease which is caused by an insufficient amount of vitamin D. The reason for this is that calcium is not absorbed and therefore the bones soften. The softening of the bones is termed as rickets.
These are some of many other conditions associated with a Vitamin D deficiency.
Related Tip: "Are Vitamins Vital?"
I am an engineering student in VIT university. My basic problem is I am on more weight than it has to be for my height. I can reduce it by doing exercises or anything but the problem is I am thin on the upper part and fatty on the bottom. I hope you got me. Also my hip was somewhat wide but that was from my mother genes. So with this I looked like very thin feature from face, neck,hands, abdomen and from there it looks like an unmatched one. Is there any solution that I could get out of this because it does not look good when I wear series for any functions. Please do tell me.
Digestive discomfort is the clear sign that something needs to be done for healing digestion. Here are 12 natural ways that will help in restoring your slowed digestion.
1. Eat glutamine-enriched foods: Glutamine is known to heal the gut lining and reduce its inflammation. Consume glutamine-enriched foods like spinach, fish, eggs, meat, parsley, beans and dairy products.
2. Intake Ample Water: Lack of water intake will dehydrate, consequently leading to serious digestive ailments. Add berries, natural flavors or lemon juice to water to heal digestion and also elevate energy levels.
3. Detoxify liver: A happy liver leads to good digestion. Detoxify liver by eating foods like carrots, dandelion, beetroot and leafy greens. Shun drinking and smoking.
4. Sleep Well: A sound sleep will contribute greatly in healing digestion. Do not stress and get adequate sleep of at least 7 to 8 hours.
5. Drink Alkaline Fluids: Naturally alkaline beverages like fruit juices, tea, mineral water etc neutralize stomach acidity and tackle digestion problems. Ensure naturally alkaline beverages unlike the artificial ones lest more harm would be done.
6. Consume Cultured or Fermented Foods: Cultured or fermented foods contain ‘good bacteria’ that regenerates gut lining naturally. Consume foods like sauerkraut, fermented vegetables, kefir, Kombucha, kimchi etc and wait for better results.
7. Meditate and Deep Breathing: It may sound strange but meditation and deep breathing has positive effect over digestive system. Reduced stress levels mean better digestion.
8. Detox Regularly: Regular detoxification with natural juices like aloe vera resets digestive system wonderfully.
9. Intake Good Bacteria: Good bacteria in the form of Probiotics improve digestion significantly.
10. Stay Aware of Food Allergies: Food allergies can cause inflammation in gut, playing havoc with the digestion. Know your allergies to eliminate problematic foods.
11. Get Fed with Fiber: Fiber will remove toxins from the body and keep the gut moving. This will protect digestive tract from injury or inflammation.
12. Cinnamon & Mint: Cinnamon & mint balances levels of blood sugar and soothes gastrointestinal tract.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
My wife age is 26 years, we have 1 and 1/2 month old child, can we do sex or should wait for more times. And what anti pregnancy form we should choose to avoid pregnancy.
Aloe vera is known as a miracle plant and rightly so, it has numerous hair, skin and health benefits. It has been used for treatments since the ancient times. Some of its benefits are:
1. Heals sunburns - aloe vera juice is considered a healing agent and is used to treat sunburns. The antioxidants and natural agents in it cool and soothe the burnt area, also helping in regenerating the skin of that area.
2. Treats acne - one widely used purpose of aloe vera is to treat pimples. Its healing and anti-inflammatory properties help reduce inflammation in the skin and aid new cell growth.
3. Tones & softens skin - aloe vera gel acts as a great skin moisturizer. It cools the skin and doesn't leave it greasy also. It is also beneficial if used on nicks and cuts during shaving.
4. Reverses ageing - aloe vera is known to smooth and improve the skin's natural firmness. So it is also used in anti-aging treatment.
It is said that aloe vera prevents hair loss and also strengthens hair when used as a conditioner. Aloe vera jelly can be pureed to a fine paste and then applied first to the roots of your hair and then on the length. Rinse after 10 minutes.
5. It detoxes - it is considered to be a good laxative and aids digestion. Drinking aloe vera juice is known aid detox.
6. Removes scars - rich in vitamins, minerals and various different nutrients, aloe vera is a natural supplement. It is used to treat scars since it softens the skin and promotes healing.
7. Aids weight loss - drinking the juice of aloe vera is advised to speed up metabolism and assists in maintaining body weight. It sheds extra fat from the body
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Dear Sir my wife has fallopian tubes blocked and it's laproscopy report after that we tried IVF bit failed. So that left tubes is working only. Do you have any solution for us.
Can you please tell me any safe emergency contraceptive while breast feeding which would not affect milk supply.
Hello Doctor, I recently got married, from that time, on wards I am not feeling healthy frequently suffering from fever. I got herpes infections and urine infection. I really do not know what is wrong with me? before marriage, I didn't suffer from fever these many times and I didn't get one infection also. Could you please help me how can I take precautions. My blood group is A and my husband blood group is B .Please tell is there problem with any blood group.
Obesity increases the chance of life threatening disorders or diseases exponentially. Diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular problems and orthopedic problems are common among obese people. Consuming proper food is very important in this regard as they help in maintaining an optimal weight level and support fat loss.
8 foods that can help in getting a flat stomach are:
- Almonds: Almonds are highly beneficial for your health as they are a good source of Vitamin E, folate, fiber, protein and healthy fats. They help in controlling food cravings and building muscles in the body. They also reduce chances of being affected by various cardiovascular diseases and even cancer.
- Eggs: Eggs are considered to be a super food as they are packed with nutrients. Egg protein has a high biological value, which indicates how well the protein is absorbed into your body. Eggs also keep your stomach full so that you can control hunger cravings.
- Salmon: Salmon contains essential proteins along with Omega-3 fatty acids that help in maintaining protein levels in muscles. It also reduces your risk of getting affected by diabetes and heart diseases.
- Yoghurt: Yoghurt is a pro-biotic that is beneficial for the digestive system. It contains a good balance of carbohydrates and protein that is beneficial for fat loss.
- Vegetables: Vegetables are good for the body as they assist in elimination of free radicals. They contain fiber, which helps in keeping you full and control hunger cravings. Folate, which is abundantly found in vegetables, minimizes the risk of stroke and colon cancer drastically.
- Lean meat: Lean meats like chicken and turkey assist in controlling obesity and heart diseases. They are a high source of protein, which help in building muscle and boosting the immune system.
- Peanut butter: Consuming peanut butter in small measures helps in building muscle, boosting testosterone levels in the body and burning fat. It is packed with healthy fats that assist in enhancing testosterone levels, which aid in burning fat. It also helps control hunger cravings.
- Whole grains: Whole grains contain complex carbohydrates, which do not allow the sugar level to fluctuate and provide a steady stream of energy to the body.