Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Uma MaheshwariYour feedback matters!
Am 35 weeks pregnant. In my last scanning it us found that my baby is laying facing down and so that I am feeling less movements. Is there any problem bcz of that.
With all the parties, late nights and heavy food, the festive season is notorious for weight gain. Along with a decorated tree, Christmas is synonymous with Christmas cake that tastes wonderful, but does nothing for your health and waistline. Store bought Christmas cakes are loaded with sugar and hence if possible, it is always better to bake your Christmas cake at home. As with any other type of food, home cooked food is always healthier than store or restaurant food. This is because you get to control the ingredients of your cake.
So here are a few tips on making a healthy Christmas cake:
- No added sugar: Unlike other cakes, Christmas cake does not really need additional sugar as the fruit inside it adds natural sweetness. Do not sprinkle the fruit in, but maintain a high ratio of fruit to flour. You can include all types of dried fruits, berries, apricots, dates, prunes, pineapples etc. in your cake. Traditionally, these fruits are used in their candied form, but for a healthier version of this cake, try using them in their natural or dehydrated form.
- Almond meal: If you buy a cake, it is likely to be made with refined flour. Refined flour has negligible nutritional value, but is very high on calories. Hence, when you’re baking a cake, consider replacing this flour with almond meal. Almond meal is lower in calories, gluten free and adds moisture to the cake. It is also rich in vitamin E, magnesium and potassium.
- Fresh fruit juice: Along with the pieces of fresh and dried fruit, the juice is also an essential element of Christmas cakes. Avoid opening a can here and instead use freshly squeezed juice as far as possible. Fresh fruit juice has no added sugars and is loaded with vitamins as compared to canned juice. It is also free from preservatives. You can also include the pulp that is extracted while juicing fruits like oranges into your cake.
- Coconut oil: A little oil is a must in cakes to make them moist and spongy. Replace your refined oil with coconut oil when baking a Christmas cake to make it healthier and more wholesome. Coconut oil has a high level of good cholesterol and when used wisely can also reduce the accumulation of fat in the body.
- Sides: Christmas cake is usually served with custard or ice cream; both of which are loaded with sugar and are unhealthy. Consider replacing these sides with natural yoghurt that has been sweetened with a drizzle of honey. Alternatively, you could also try some flavoured greek yoghurt and almond flakes. This will make your dessert light on the stomach and easier to digest.
My wife is trying to get conceive and she is 27 years old. Is taking folic acid tablet good and is it recommendable even taking without doctors prescription.
Diverticulosis refers to a serious medical condition when pouches develop on the walls of your colon,which is another name for the large intestine. These pouches are small in size and usually vary from 5 to 10 millimeters, but can get bigger when this condition becomes serious. Diverticulosis is usually discovered while performing tests for other medical conditions on your body. Once these pouches become infected and inflamed, they may cause acute pain in your abdomen. This condition is called diverticulitis and is considered quite serious.
Causes of Diverticulosis:
Doctors have suggested that the pouches in diverticulosis are formed when pressure increases inside the colon and presses against the weaker spots in the walls of the large instesine. The differences in pressure may create tears or pouches within the colon resulting in the disorder. Some of the causes are mentioned here:
- Low fiber diet: Low fiber diet causes small hard stool which makes it tough for the colon to put much more pressure. Low fiber diet can also increase the amount of time stool stays in the bowel which adds to high pressure and thus may contribute to this condition.
- Age: The chances of diverticulosis increases when you are above the age of 60 which has something related to the weakening of bowels over time. A bad diet over many years can make this worse.
- Lifestyle: Certain lifestyle habits which generally contribute to bad colon health may also result in diverticulosis by increasing pressure on the blood vessels of the bowel wall. This then pushes against other vessels resulting in the formation of pouches.
Many people with diverticulosis may not even know they have this issue until it is detected while looking for other issues within the body. There are many cases when diverticulosis has been diagnosed when various tests like X-ray which use barium enema or colonoscopy is performed on your body for other medical reasons. If your white blood cells are higher in count than normal then it can indicate infection which may turn into diverticulitis. You may also be asked to undergo CT scan to check if the pouches are infected.
Symptoms of Diverticulosis:
Diverticulosis is hard to diagnose as it may not show any symptoms at all. In most cases symptoms start showing when it progresses towards diverticulitis. However certain generic symptoms which may prompt the doctor to require a detailed examination are as follows:
3. Bloating or gas
4. Loss in appetite
Treatment can be done at home or you may be asked to stay in hospital depending upon the severity of the case. Proper bed rest and liquid diet may be prescribed to enable the diverticula to heal properly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
Hi i am suffering from pcod n my thyroid is 4.92 point. I am trying to get pregnant past 2 year with no result. Im in very dangerous zone n im unable to concentrate on my work or anything. Can anyone Help me with this. Im not getting proper answer. If there's any medicine pls suggest.
Women with pcos (polycystic ovarian syndrome), are researched to be at a greater risk for heart diseases, obesity, diabetes and infertility.
A few dietary guidelines to combat pcos
Try to select lower glycemic index foods such as whole grains (jowar, bajra, whole wheat, green vegetables, etc) as they will cause a slower rise in blood sugar levels. For example, oat flakes or wheat daliah (10 gm fiber/1/2 cup) has a lower glycemic index than cornflakes (1 gm fiber/1/2 cup. Simply put, add fiber in your diet by selecting wheat breads over white breads, wheat rotis over rice or maida naans, fresh fruits over fruit juices.
Do cut down your carbohydrate levels so low that you induce ketosis. Try to space the carbohydrates evenly through the day and eat small and frequent meals rather than 3 large meals.
Restrict intake of those carbohydrates that trigger more hunger or cravings (i. E. Refined sugar, sweets, candies or chocolates which triggers craving for some people). Choose dates or honey to meet your sugar cravings.
Suggested vitamin/ mineral supplements: taking calcium 1000 mg - 1500 mg (take two - three 500 mg pills a day as prescribed but be sure to space them out as you can only absorb 500 mg at a time). You may also add a multivitamin with minerals like folic acid, especially so, if you are trying to get pregnant.
Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water per day as a high fiber carbohydrate intake can cause dehydration.
For heart health, limit foods high in saturated and trans-fats (i. E, whole milk and products, butter, red meat, fried foods, rich desserts, etc.). Select mainly monounsaturated fats (i. E. Olive oil, canola oil, nuts) and omega 3 fats -fatty fish (such as bangda, rohu, sardines, and surmai), flaxseed, and nuts as these fats are heart friendly. Exercise on a regular basis to lose weight and improve insulin response.
Sir, my wife is pregnant now it is two and half months. I am serving man I want to take her with me for 3 months. Pls guide is it advisable to Cary her with me?
I am an 18 year old girl and I recently had unprotected sex for three consecutive days on the first day of sex I immediately consumed an i- pill just after an hour. I am experiencing spotting and little bleeding since the 3rd day after the last time I had sex which was 21st may 2016. And my periods had got over on the 19th which was the third day of my menstrual cycle. And I had also consumed medication to delay my period from 6th of may to 13th may my original period cycle date should have been 12th but due to the delay pills I go them on 17th. Is this the implantation bleeding? Am I pregnant by any chance?
Mom had viral infection last week due to which she had fever body pain and a lot of cough. Doctor had given some medicines and fever was fine but after a week her cough is still the same and she is experiencing tiredness and laziness. She has blood pressure and she takes orbital AV for that.
I had intercourse with my gf on 27th April late night. I used standard condom and just after finishing intercourse she asked if I have ejaculated over her vagina (she said this while touching outer part of her vagina). I was sure that condom wasn't torn, even went to washroom and checked it closely. I thought it must be her own wet lube. After 10 mins, even asked her to get washed off. 2 days later on 30th, she vomited in the afternoon and said it may be due to hot summer. Since then I got worried. I'm sure I didn't ejaculate inside her and condom wasn't torn. Her last periods were on 11 april and it's been more than 3 days since our intercourse. She doesn't have any abdominal pain as such and no other issue till now. Want to know if there is anything worrying? Any precaution to be taken?
I have read on internet that if some person is tested negative for HIV antibody test, means I.He is not infected with HIV, OR Ii.He is in window period, OR Iii.He will never develop antibody for HIV So, my worry is that even after HIV antibody test after window period, a person cannot be 100% sure that he is not infected with HIV because there is some possibilities that he may never develop antibodies against HIV. 1.Is there any further test to rule out this possibilities? 2.Even if a person infected with very small amount of virus, Is it possible that he develop antibody very late? 3.Is p24 antigen test work for HIV-2?
- Remove water from coolers and other small containers at least once in a week
- Use aerosol during day time to prevent the bites of mosquitoes
- Do not wear clothes that expose arms and legs of children should not be allowed to play in shorts and half sleeved clothes
- Use mosquito nets or mosquito repellents while sleeping during day time.