Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Teji DawaneYour feedback matters!
I want to know when we can identify females pregnancy. After how many days of intercourse. She starts feeling dizzy?
Urology is a branch of medicine that focuses on the diseases affecting the urinary tract system and male reproductive organs. The organs that come under the scanner here are the kidneys, adrenal glands, ureters, urinary bladder, urethra, and the male reproductive organs (testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate, and penis). Though there is a prevalent misconception that gynecologists are for women what urologists are for men, urology also deals with certain women urinary tract related health issues. These include overactive bladder, pelvic organ prolapse, and urinary incontinence.
In fact, doctors who specialize in female urology gain detailed knowledge of the female pelvic floor together with intimate understanding of the physiology and pathology. So for woman, gynaecologist is the doctor for menstrual, genital and pregnancy related troubles but UROLOGIST is the doctor who treats urinary problems. Here are 9 things you should know as a woman:
- Age related factors affect both men and women: However, women do not have prostate but they suffer similar urinary problems as men at growing age. Right around the time when menopause and andropause strike, changing hormone levels affect the pelvic floor, bladder, urethra and vagina in women causing problems like recurrent urinary tract infection, frequency, nocturia and urinary incontinence. These conditions are effectively treated by a urologist who can also probe for underlying conditions like urethral stenosis, overactive bladder, stone, polyp, or tumor in severe cases.
- An overactive bladder is more common than you think: Around 40% women have to hit the bathroom every hour or so owing to this. Simple lifestyle changes like lowering the intake of caffeine and alcohol, in combination with pelvic floor exercises can decrease the problem. However, a urologist can help you to diagnose and treat this condition successfully.
- Women must go for urination after sex: Urinary tract infections are very common in sexually active females. During intercourse lot of vaginal bacteria gets entry into urinary bladder. If woman voids after sex, majority of bacteria are thrown out and rest are handled by body immunity. But if you sleep over with all these bacteria, you are more likely to suffer with UTI.
- Women sometimes pee in their pants too: A majority of the female population between 40 and 60 suffer from either stress incontinence (when you cough, sneeze or laugh) or urgency incontinence (leaking when you want to go badly). Urologists can help you to know that there are minimal invasive options and medications available to treat this problem.
- Pelvic pain: If it is not gynecology then it is urology. A general pain in the pelvic region triggers a visit to the gynecologist first for most women. From menstrual cramps to ovarian cysts, all of this may well be taken care of by your gynecologist. But when the usual culprits are not the cause for your discomfort, it's time you get the urological aspect examined thoroughly too by a urologist.
- Know the difference between UTI and STI: Because of cross symptoms, one often gets mistaken for the other. So check with your urologist to understand the cause and cure of your particular problem.
- Recognize pelvic organ prolapse: This condition is defined by a bit of bladder, rectal, or uterine tissue bulging out of your vagina. An urologist can provide minimal invasive options to deal with this.
- Women can get kidney stones too: This is true, especially when you forget to hydrate yourself in hot climates or high temperature situations.
- Urology can solve some sexual problems too: Whether it's sexual dysfunction, low libido or trouble reaching orgasm, urologist can play its part to help you out. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.
My wife left breast slightly bigger than left. She haven't any pain or problem in breast. What is reason of different breast? Is it normal?
I have a sex with my wife without condom, after sex I gave her unwanted 72. Now next day she want to have ultrasound so the detail of sex or unwanted 72 comes in ultrasound or not. How many days should ultrasound done so the report of sex or unwanted 72 doesn't come.
Actually I have a problem, I ve observed that my one breast is a little bigger than other, so is it a symptom of breast cancer or not?
I had my period on 15th July last month. After 2-3 days of the completion of the period I had some kind of foreplay with my boyfriend. We haven't done the intercourse but he rubbed his genitals against mine. Is there any chance of getting pregnant. I am worried. Please help.
The benefits of aam panna are:
- It helps to improve digestion by fighting with acids of stomach. It is a sure shot (ramban) medicine for gastro intestinal disorders.
- It helps in preventing diarrhoea.
- It is rich in iron and vitamin ‘c’. In order to help in absorption of iron in the body, we take additional vitamin c, but in aam panna, we find iron and vitamin c together. So, it is very good for anemic people and it boosts our immune system.
- It prevents our body to excrete excess salts and iron during sweating. Thus it helps to beat the heat.
- Unripe mangoes are also rich in vitamin b1, 1b 2 etc. These vitamins provide us energy.
- It acts as a tonic increasing our body resistance against tb, dysentery, cholera, anemia etc.
My monthly cycle is now 30 means last month it 20 this month also 20. Now tell me best dates for conceive. ?
Mam I come from poor family I need some help I can't ask my mother about puberty I have no father my father died at the age when I was born kindly help me with a suggestion what to be done for attending puberty. I'm 19.
My girlfriend used to have menses on 5th of every month but on 12th we had sexual intercourse without condoms and we used preventive method of coitus interrupts. As she already had menses of that month we waited for next month's 3rd for menses to come but till 15th she didn't got menses so she took mifepristone n mifepristone. As someone told that after taking those pills bleeding starts but no such thing happened to her. Pregnancy detection kit shows negative result. She also has polycystic ovarian disorder but menses were regular. Is she pregnant.Please tell.
Hi, myself just married 3 week ago, by mistake had intercourse without any precautions. Someone told me contraceptive pill can create issue to conceive in future. Is this true. I didn't take pill but I am afraid now, I dnt want to conceive now. Any way to avoid this.
Hi my wife Now 18 th month pregnant. First scanning made on 12 th Week in dat report amniotic fluid index is normal. In last scanning at 18 th week the anomaly usg scan showed amniotic fluid moderately reduced. So why it is reduced? Apart from all the scanning is normal but amniotic fluid index only reduced. So is it normal? In future it will be normal or not? Tell me details. We r worrying lot. So please ans me. Thank u.
When there is a most possibility to get pregnant with respect to mensuration cycle? Is it safe to do sex during periods?
Hi Sir Age 31 now I am 45 days pregnancy. I am diabetic since last six months so which diet help full for me both sugar and pregnancy purpose.
From which day we feel the pregency symptoms. After the sex and before the period come. Between this period can I feel any symptoms ?
Many women worry a lot about breast cancer, when, in fact, heart disease is the number-one killer of women. Find out if you're at risk.
In one study, participants who had heightened activity in a region of the brain associated with a positive attitude produced greater amounts of flu antibodies. Another study showed that people with sunny dispositions churned out more antibodies in response to vaccinations. Researchers aren't clear on the connection, but they do know "the brain communicates with the immune system, and vice versa," says Anna L. Marsland, PhD, the director of the Behavioral Immunology Laboratory at the University of Pittsburgh.
Up your calcium:
Many people don't get enough calcium—which helps prevent osteoporosis—through diet alone. Women ages 19 to 50 should get 1,000 milligrams or eat three to four servings of foods high in the mineral (taken with vitamin D for absorption) daily.
Boost your mood with exercise:
Exercise has a host of health benefits and can lower your risk of heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, and other conditions. But the best news is that it can improve your mood. One study found that for depressed people, exercise was as effective as antidepressant medication.
Having a good network of friends and family is associated with greater longevity, and loneliness is associated with a greater risk of heart disease. Do Facebook friends count? We like to think so.
Reality-check your sex life:
Could you be a sex addict? If your sexual habits are out of control—wrecking relationships and disrupting your life in general—you could have a problem.
Get a massage:
For the past three years, Mindy Hardwick, 38, of Lake Stevens, Wash., has dodged all the major bugs while volunteering at schools and a juvenile-detention center. Her secret weapon: a monthly massage.
Have some fun in the sun:
Just 15 to 20 minutes of sunlight exposure each day (sans sunscreen) can supply your daily need for vitamin D. Getting a sufficient amount of vitamin D may ward off diabetes, heart attacks, heart failure, high blood pressure, heart disease, and maybe even the common cold. But don't overdo it—too much sun exposure can increase your risk of skin cancer.
See your dentist
Dental health is about more than just pretty teeth. In particular, gum disease is linked to a greater risk of heart disease and diabetes. So make that appointment!