Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Tasneem Nishah ShahYour feedback matters!
I am 24 female and 1 month pregnant. I have been going through a lot of problems and the recent one is frequent urination. What to do.
Food allergies have been on the rise and many food items have been identified as potential allergens. Common items like citrus fruits, coconut, peanuts, tree nuts, gluten can cause allergies. You don't need to stay away from your favorite dish just because it contains one of the allergy-causing ingredients.
You can customize your dish with suitable substitutions and enjoy your food without worrying.
- Peanut - Peanut is one of the most common allergy-causing items. It has severe effects on people who are allergic to it. On its consumption, the throat of allergic person swells up, blocking the airways which can lead to anaphylaxis. So, for people who are allergic to this grain legume, peanut -laden cuisines like Thai food, peanut butter, and jelly are all prohibited. But you can replace peanut with sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, and hemp which are available in butter form as well.
- Citrus fruits - Lime, orange, lemon, and grapefruit have been seen to cause discomfort in both adolescents and adults. There are so many citrus-flavored drinks that it becomes difficult to find a nice harmless drink. But, if you are allergic to these fruits you can go for strawberry, raspberry, and apple-flavored drinks, which are easily available.
- Coconut - Coconut is used in place of milk in vegan recipes; it can replace milk in food items like ice cream, sweet drinks, and curries. If you are allergic to coconut, substitute it with rice, soy, oats milk and even soaked cashews.
- Wheat - Wheat is not only off limits to people with celiac disease who have to lead a gluten free life but for some who are allergic to wheat specifically. Pasta, bread and many other kinds of foods are made up of wheat, but you can opt for tapioca or rice flour which is also used to make such items.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am taking paracetamol when I was 15 due to the periods cramps every month I am taking this tablet 1 or 2 now I am 19 now I am feeling upper abdominal pain again nd again I am worried that if I am Having any liver disease or something.
Sir, I am 32 years old, NCM,conceived naturally after one year of trying which resulted in missed abortion at 9 wks, probable cause told was aneuploidy. My hormone tests are normal, AMH is 1.3,Diag hysterolap showed e/o bilateral dilated tubes with delayed spill. Semen analysis with Dna frag is normal. 4 iui s failed. Borderline lupus anticoagulant negative so started on aspirin, enoxaparin 40, hcqs. With Icsi, conceived following 4 embryos transferred. Had twin gestation lost one at 6wks and other twin in NT scan showed f/o Turners (cystic hygroma with hydrops). Planning termination with poc molecular Karyotyping and both of ours Karyotyping. They ve told its due to poor egg quality. Sir I ve not been able tp conceive for 2 years following first natural conception except now with icsi with chromosomal abnormalities. Pls tell me how to go ahead.
Experiencing menstrual cramps for a few days every month is quite common for every woman. These cramps are commonly accompanied with pain. Menstrual cramps are referred to as dysmenorrhea. This is not a very serious health condition, but still the cramps can cause you pain and distress. You can manage the pain caused by menstrual cramps by making some simple changes and starting some practices. They are as follows:
Dietary Changes: You have to make several dietary modifications to manage menstrual cramps. Reduce fat from your daily diet and consume more vegetables. A low-fat diet helps in reducing the levels of inflammation in your body. These changes will successfully help you to reduce the severity of menstrual cramps. You have to adopt a well-balanced diet.
Medicines: Several painkillers which fall under the non-steroidal and anti-inflammatory groups are prescribed to relieve pain caused by the cramps. These medicines lower the production of prostaglandin that causes menstrual cramps. Inflammation and pain are relieved.
Consume Green Tea: There are certain green teas, which relieve menstrual cramps. Herbal tea has been used since medieval ages for this purpose. Cramp bark is an effective tea used for this reason. Peppermint oil tea is also considered good.
Fish Oil Supplements and Vitamin B1: Fish oil supplements and vitamin B1 help in naturally treating menstrual cramps. You will get quick and long-lasting relief by consuming these.
Acupuncture: Acupuncture can be utilised to treat menstrual cramps. The nervous system gets relaxed, which increases the flow of blood to the internal body organs. Acupuncture assures effective pain relief.
Massage Therapy: You can undergo massage therapy using certain essential oils. This provides great pain relief and is beneficial for menstrual cramps.
Heating Pads: Heating pads provide efficient relief to menstrual cramps. Topically applied heat is also considered to be effective and pain relief is obtained in a short period of time.
Boosting Endorphins: A boost in the endorphins improves your mood and gives relief from menstrual cramps. Endorphins are released when you work out or have an orgasm. Aerobic exercises and stretching techniques should be carried out regularly.
Boosting Magnesium: Boosting the amount of magnesium in your diet helps in relieving pain from menstrual cramps. You can consume food items rich in magnesium or magnesium supplements.
Menstrual cramps usually do not require hospitalisation and you can self-treat it using simple remedies. However, if the pain experienced due to cramps is very severe and does not go away, you must consult a doctor.
Hi I am 28 weeks pregnant now. My doctor suggested to take L- Arginine, Glutathione and Proanthocyanidin Granules. I want to know why?
I have irregular and painful periods problem this problem continue till then when my periods start .I have periods once in 2 months .what should I do?
Are you experiencing symptoms such as blood in your urine, high blood pressure, an increased urge for urination, difficulty in urination or painful urination? These clearly indicate some problems or disorders with your kidneys. A kidney function test is a diagnostic test, which is carried out for detection of kidney problems. After proper diagnosis, treatment methods are considered.
Types of kidney function test
There are several types of kidney function test, which can be suggested by a doctor as these help in the estimation of the glomerular filtration rate or GFR. The GFR determines how fast the kidneys are eliminating waste materials.
- Urinalysis: This test is carried out for detection of the amount of protein and blood in urine. Protein may be found in the urine for several reasons, but all of them are not related to kidney diseases. This test is repeated after some weeks to notice the differences in result.
- Serum creatinine test: This blood test is used for examining whether creatinine is developing in the blood. The kidneys filter creatinine from the blood completely, and high creatinine levels indicate some kidney problem.
- Blood urea nitrogen or BUN test: This test checks the amount of waste products along with the amount of nitrogen in the blood. Nitrogen is obtained after the breakdown of proteins. Several common medicines, including some antibiotics, may increase the blood urea nitrogen levels.
- Estimated glomerular filtration rate: This test is carried out for estimating how well the kidney is functioning in the filtration of waste. The rate is determined by examining factors such as test results, age, gender, height and weight.
How are the tests obtained?
- A kidney function test requires a fresh urine sample and a blood test.
- A 24-hour urine sample helps in the determination of the amount of creatinine expelled by the body in a single day. Except morning, you should urinate in a special container given by your health provider. You must keep the container capped and refrigerated during the process of collection. You should label the containers properly.
- Blood samples are also required for undergoing BUN and serum creatinine tests. An elastic band will be tied to your upper arm, and a hollow needle gets inserted into your skin into the vein. The collected blood is sent to the laboratory for testing and analysis.
Kidney Ultrasound : Is a noninvasive diagnostic exam that produces images, which are used to assess the size, shape, and location of the kidneys. Ultrasound may also be used to assess blood flow to the kidneys. This ultrasound should be done every year to check the health status of the kidney during the full body check up. Ultrasound can detect cysts, tumors, abscesses, obstructions, fluid collection, and infection within or around the kidneys. Stones of the kidney and ureters may be detected by ultrasound.
In case you see any symptom, which indicates some kind of a kidney problem, you must consult a doctor immediately, who will prescribe you the necessary kidney function test required to be carried out. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!