Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. T.S. Channappa
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. T.S. ChannappaYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor. Many of the times my mother knee joints make noise like crack when she sits and stands. This sound is coming from approx. One month. Please provide a better solution for this issue and also tell me the cause of this problem. Thanks for your consideration.
Dear Sir , I have disc bulging problem at L5/S1 but there is no any neural compression observed in MRI .Because of this I have lot of pain at my back and buts. On daily basis I am facing acute pain in back and left legs resulting life is becoming heal. So request to help me to come out from this problem and want to enjoy life as normal person.Also advise some natural healing technique or exercise.
Hi I am 41 yrs old female. I am facing knee pain and loose grease of my knee joint. When I getup my knee make sound between two cartilage kindly let me know what kind of food and fruit I can take to improve my knee and recover my knee grease again and tell me the which exercise I can do for improvement.
I feel pain in my neck, upper back and my Tm joint when I move them. I have some type of postural imbalance. As my head is tilted something towards right side. So how can I make a great posture and correct my head position? Please help me.
I am 19 years old my left leg joint r broken and give me too problem to walking on road so how can I solve my problem and get a normal life?
Back pain refers to a severe pain in the back due to a strain in the muscle and the associated ligaments of the spine. Back pain is a fairly common condition and almost everyone has experienced it at least once in their lifetime. The pain can be either acute (pain in sudden bursts) or chronic (lasting for more than a month). Back pain generally tends to subside if one takes appropriate measures.
You might experience the following symptoms along with back pain:
- Severe pain around the muscles which might stretch down to your feet
- Back pain will significantly limit the flexibility of your back
- If there are recurrent instances of high fever and severe gall bladder disorders along with the pain, a consultation with your doctor is highly recommended.
Back pain might occur due to the following reasons:
- Back pain might occur as a result of osteoarthritis (a disorder that is characterized by the breaking and wearing down of the flexible tissues at the end of the bones) and osteoporosis (a disorder marked by bones that are weak and brittle).
- It might occur as a result of a fatal accident or an injury.
- If you are a chain smoker and have a history of excessive alcohol or drug abuse, you are more likely to experience back pain.
- Back pain might also occur as a result of ageing, excessive weight gain, lack of regular exercising, cancer and instances of severe depression.
Ayurveda can be very useful for eradicating back pain. According to Ayurveda, back pain is caused due to the heightening of the ‘vata’ owing to an unhealthy diet, anxiety, and suppression of muscles, collectively called ‘dosha’.
The Ayurvedic remedies for back pain are as follows:
- A regular intake of 30 ml of Aloe Vera juice in the morning might heal symptoms of back pain
- A regular intake of a mixture of 5g Triphala churnam mixed with water before retiring for the night might help to ease the general discomfort associated with back pain.
- Consume a medicinal preparation of 100ml of Black Gram (Urad Dal) daily for a week in order to get rid of the pain.
- You can also perform Paschimottanasana (an exercise where you have to touch the toes and repeat the same for a few times) and Vayu Mudra (an exercise where you have to move the index finger on the thumb base and the thumb finger in closed proximity to the index finger while the other fingers remain in a perpendicular position) to get rid of the back pain.
- Cut down on your consumption of pungent spices. This is because these pungent spices tend to have a drying effect on the body, that in turn, might lead to severe back pain, especially in the lower back along with constipation. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
My age is 76. I did cycling a lot before. Now I am suffering from Knee pain in my left leg. When I walk a little more distance I got knee pain and it gets a sensation of feeling hot in the joint. Please tell me how to get rid of this knee pain.
I have a problem in my back and in some joints .I m unable to sleep for the whole night because my back becomes painful.
I am 37 years old. My left hand wrist was broken. Its ok now. Since last 3 months, my skin on the joints where fingers meet hand, has turned thin. Its almost like somebody do some labour work and there are some sign on their upper palm. Pls guide.
When I play cricket or football, then after running I feel a pain on leg. I have been suffering since 1 year. What can I do? please help me.
I have pain in my neck since 6 months it gets ok in between but returns I have tried all kinds of sprays but no use.
I am 65 years old male with blood pressure and diabetes, I am having un easy irritation unfriendly in nature, not actually pain but uncomfortable sursurahat, in hindi we can say uneasy gudguddi in legs which doesn't allow me to sleep sometimes in left leg and in right leg or sometimes simultaneously. I can't explain the situation which makes my legs un bearable un easyness not pain as it doesn't allow me to sleep and my legs always I have to beat or rub on muscles or heat it with warm water, I have been doing all sort of leg exercise also and taking medicines for vitamin d and magnesium. Please suggest as it a long problem from last 20 years but since last 1 year it has made me uncomfortable in having sleep at night time and help me out of this situation please. Me. I am taking medicine pramipex 0.125 mg -3 nos and duzela 30 mg -1 no. At night respectively.
I have loose my skin and fracture in leg because of accident it's not cure for 54 days. What should I do?
I am having back pain since past 3 months especially on lower back and exactly on my center of back. What may be the possible causes for this or any underlying symptoms? Kindly help.
I am Dr. Ankit Bhartia. I am an orthopedician and i am specialized in orthoscopy and orthoplasty of the knee hip and shoulder. I practice at Sparsh orthopedics and sports injury center on the Sohna Road Gurgaon. Today I will be talking about the ligament injuries.
Ligaments are tough band of tissues which connects to bone. In the knee joint there are four ligaments which stabilize the knee. These are the cruciate ligament and the posterior cruciate ligament which are inside the joint and middle collateral ligament and lateral collateral ligament which are outside the joint. These ligaments can stress or can get torn or in this case or whenever there is injury to the knee. The injury can occur in lot of circumstances. These are landing or jumping in a flexion knee, stopping suddenly during running, twisting the knee over on of slanted foot and direct blow to the knee can cause injury to any of four ligaments of the knee. These injuries are more common in sports persons. Those playing basketball, football, gymnast are all prone to fast injuries. During injury, patient may feel sudden pop or snap sound during the injury and immediately after that patient may feel pain which may be severe to mild and varieties of swelling which can again severe to mild. Patient will not be able to completely select reasoning or extend the knee. He will always have a walkway and it will always be painful and patient will have the feeling of looseness of the joint in the sense that he will be instable during walking or enduring pain climbing stairs from walking on uneven surfaces. Ligament injuries once happens in a patient we will have to consult an orthopedician. The orthopedician will examine the knee thoroughly and guide him for about the diagnosis and treatment.
Partial knee ligament injuries can be treated by conservative ways and the treatment which you will be advised for are rest to the knee joint, ice pack to the compression apparel dressings in the form of the kneecap or say bandage elevation of the knee joint and external bracing or knee support in the form of knee brace to support the knee joint till the ligaments are healed and medications which will be prescribed.
Our analysis and anti-inflammatory medications to reduce the swelling will be prescribed to you and physiotherapy to strengthen knee joint are very important to help in healing of the ligaments and recover to the full extent. Once the knee is completely torn, the completely torn ligament like ACL and PCL does not leave by itself nor it cannot connect be repaired. It can only be reconstructed nowadays.
In the past what has happened is lot of athletes had to leave this post because of this ligament injuries and no successful treatment is available but now a specifically these ligaments can be reconstructed and very small instruction are given and it is all done as quickly where a ligament is taken from one part of the body and is implanted into the injured part and and recovery is possible and return to the activity is guided by physiotherapy. Doctor has some patients recover very fast, some take time to recover so it is a guided process. Within first week you will start and your increase in activity will depend upon your recovery process as such.
How to prevent ligaments of your knee to get injured?
- Very important is to warm up before all activity especially evasive activities, gym and the morning walks etc.
- Another thing is to strengthen your thigh muscles, strengthen your knee muscles is very important apart from strengthening, stretching of the muscles is also equally important.
How to prevent the injuries to the knee?
- Most important thing is to strengthen your knee muscles and to maintain the flexibility apart from extension you need to do stretching of your knee muscle as well.
- Second most important thing is to always warm up before starting any kind of exercise, running, gyming or sports.
- Apart from this you need to take care that you should not start to any of the activity of the knee and you should not even increase the limit of your activity abruptly.
Thank you. To contact me and to consult me, you can contact Lybrate or you can call up at Sarah Orthopedic and Sports Injury Center, Sohna road, Gurgaon.