Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sylvia Kanpagam
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sylvia KanpagamYour feedback matters!
What are Kegel exercises .can they treat ED .what is penis developer set. Is it recommended to treat ED n increase size of penis. Where can we buy it n how to use.
I noticed that smoke is coming out from my stool and I am having yellow urination from 3-4 months. Even I had black stool in between. So, what does it imply? Is it a serious problem?
Iam 24 years old and from past 3 days am having severe fever (~103 F). I have done the blood test and found that Sal type O and Sal type H are both positive 1 in 320 dils. Can I be sure that i'm infected with typhoid? Please respond.
Sir, my son,37 is very fond of good non veg food.But for sometime now , he gets upset stomach,acidity, headaches and even vomitting occasionally whenever he eats outside food.He is perfectly alright if we cook non veg dishes in our own home.Can you comment and suggest something for his benefit?
I have some problem related to digestive system. As soon as having dinner I feel like going to pee. Please advice why I am having this?
I am an heart and diabetic patient. I am regularly going for walk for about 5 k. M. And doing exercises. I am not getting sufficient sleep at night and I am going for sleep during day time. Some time no sleep whole night.
We want baby now. During intercourse, some of the fluid was there on cloths. I want to know if all the fluid may have spilled out or just some of it and is this normal? Also tell me, can there be HIV virus in us, we have never being dishonest to each other. Can we still have HIV?
I am 33 year old and feeling unsteadiness on my feet when I reached to office in morning after leaving my bike. The whole day. I am feeling unsteadiness. My blood pressure is normal. I am taking diabetes medicine galvus met and diabetic is 136 Before food. The feeling is more in crowded area. Some it's more intense like I am not able to walk feeling more uncomfortable like blood is not going in mind. Sweating in feet. And hand comes.
I am 40 years old now from last 6 months I have spent miserable life, as because of my job. Today I am jobless, as a medical representative I worked more than 12 years, in 4 - 5 pharma companies, last year my company had wind up, after that I can not get any suitable company to work my duty properly. I have no bank balance as because some cheat fund companies policies. Now my question is can I overcome my present situation? Please help me for your advice Sir. I use to think that I will finish myself. That's why I am living an undisciplined life.
Getting to be intimate with someone is a great feeling as you can get to enjoy and explore each other’s bodies, mind and spirit. However it is also important that you avoid getting infected by sexually transmitted diseases. Although you are probably aware of how to protect yourself in general circumstances, you could be mistakes in the heat of the moment and fail or forget to use adequate protection. Always be safe, never sorry.
The following tips will help you stay safe, each time you have sex and should never be forgotten:
- Single partner and regular testing: The safest way to have sex is have a single partner and to ensure that neither of you have any form of STI (sexually transmitted infections). If you have been with multiple partners before then get yourself tested for STIs and STDs (sexually transmitted diseases).
- Bring your own condom (BYOC): Never rely on the partner to have dams, condoms or lube. It is highly recommended that you have your own supply and the expiration dates should be checked before usage.
- Contraception: In addition to condoms, other forms of contraceptives like cervical caps and contraceptive pills must be utilized to prevent unwanted pregnancy. One should also consider using female condoms.
- Lubrication: Even though friction during sex can help in elevating pleasure levels, it also increases the risks of infection. In order to prevent friction, try to use a lubricants during sex. Oil-based lube should not be used on a latex condom as it may cause breaks within. Water and Silicon based lubricants are better options
- Set personal boundaries: Having personal rules and boundaries around safe sex can be helpful in setting a standard for behaviour. Writing down what one personally approves of and doesn’t is helpful in setting proper boundaries around the concept of safe-sex. In case of a history of sexual abuse, it is important to contact a therapist or somebody close and opening up to them so they can initiate the process of recovering from it.
- Drink responsibly: It is important to consider the limit of alcohol and the people one chooses to drink with. It is also necessary to understand the concept of consent. You should not be or allowed to be pressurized into having sex.
It is important to understand the importance of safe sex and being able to speak up about sex without feeling any shame. Furthermore, it is important to understand your responsibilities in initiating safe sex and it is okay to find it difficult in the beginning. We have cultural stigmatization around sex and it is okay to be uncomfortable in the beginning, but it is equally important to develop the confidence to talk about sexual practices and safe-sex without guilt, shame or the fear of judgement.