Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Syeda SanaYour feedback matters!
In some cases, psychological factors rather than physical incapability plays a vital role in causing Erectile Dysfunction (ED). Child abuse or any instance of sexual trauma is considered as one of the root causes of Erectile Dysfunction. Other than this, there are numerous factors like a person’s emotional health and well-being can also be a direct reason behind Erectile Dysfunction.
The psychological causes of Erectile Dysfunction are
- Pressure: Constant exposure to stress due to work load, difficulties in married life, parenting issues, financial issues can be a major reason behind erectile dysfunction.
- Guilt: The pressure of satisfying a new sexual partner may become so overpowering that it may result in poor sexual performance. This may lay seeds of guilt in a person and hamper his emotional health.
- Anxiety: If a person erectile droop at any instance, fear may creep in that it can occur again. This situation opens door for ‘performance anxiety’ and may cause erectile dysfunction in the long run.
- State of Depression: Even a person who performs normally during sexual intercourse can suffer from erectile dysfunction if he is in depression. Depression poorly hinders a person’s emotional health and cause a series of psychological as well as physical problems. The drugs taken during depression may even facilitate erectile dysfunction.
- Loss of interest in sex: Reasons behind this can be growing age, disputes with partner, any kind of stress or certain medications.
- Loss of Self-confidence: Failure in previous attempts for sexual intercourse, feeling of insufficiency in sex life may lead to loss of self-confidence. This can be one of the deciding factors behind erectile dysfunction.
Occurrence of erectile droop once or twice is quite common among men. There is nothing to be worried about. But if this problem persists, one shall consult a sexologist. Few tips to prevent and cure erectile dysfunction are as follows:
- One needs to open up and discuss such issues with his partner as well as his physician. If the cause of erectile dysfunction is poor emotional health, then he can undergo some therapy. Some stress releasing exercises or meditation can help you gain control over your mind.
- One can take some pills like Viagra and prevail over psychological impediments. It helps to boost up one’s confidence while performing any sexual act.
- Try to remain fit and fine. Exercise daily to shed any extra weight. Avoid drinking and smoking and take a healthy diet. Take adequate sleep (about 7 hours in night) and get your blood pressure and cholesterol levels checked regularly.
All the above tips help in maintaining your physical as well as psychological health. Follow them and get cured of erectile dysfunction. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
My vit D. Level is 7. Can I take arachitol 6 lakh units injection? I am planning to conceive does it has some negative effect?
Mai 30 ka man hu muzhe daily acidity aur gas ka problem hota hai last 3 years se aur ab ye roz morning aur evening mai ho raha hai.
I am suffering from a severe headache which I feel on when I am in direct contact with sunlight. Can you help me?
My age is 23. My penis is 2 inches when flaccid and 5 inches when fully erect. But the foreskin doesn't retract fully when fully erect. It retracts only upto behind of head of penis. This is due to short frenulum. Is it possible to have safe Sex with this problem. If not suggest some home remedies. I am not willing to undergo any surgery or circumcision.
I have a minor fracture in my left elbow. Doctor suggest me plaster for a month but I also contact a ayurvedic clinic they suggest me for regular oil massage. I need help. I want to go with ayurveda. please suggest me right opinion.
I am unable to sleep from last 2 days. I had severe headache nd feeling like fainting. I had taken some home remedy but it didn't work for me. What I do please suggest.
Pls confirm the by going through the below report- Let that I am diabetic or not? Sugar (p)-230 Sugar (ff)-330 Help with your response.
Hello Sir, I am suffering from head pain and stomach pain at 4 month all the time a little pain are present in the in my head please solve the problem.
Sir ye btaye ki diabetes waalo ko kon kon si vegetables salad m leni chahiye or kis trh use krke. And Vegetables salad ko kis trh se interesting & testy bna skte h.or kis tym vegetable's salad khana thik rhega diabetes waalo k liye. Or kya hm vegetable's salad m flaxseed use kr skte h.or agar kar skte h to kis trh k flaxseeds. Like raw flaxseeds, roasted flaxseeds etc. And kya diabetes patient k liye flaxseeds good hote h. Kis trh hm flaxseeds ko apni daily routine m use kar skte h? please tell me. I really very needed your suggestions.
Here are some causes and symptoms of polycystic ovarian disease