Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sushila ShettyYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am a 23 years old girl, my problem is during my menstruation cycle I fart a lot but in other days everything is fine. Why do this happen and how can I get rid of this?
It is not always that fats are bad for us, they are even good at times that is fats help our body to absorb certain vitamins. However, too much quanity is not good for our. Read on to know reasons why fats are good for our health.
- Fats are considered to be the best source of energy that is derived from food for the body.
- Fats which contain medium chain fatty acids, like coconut oil, help in weight loss. The good fats, increase the fat burning, reduce unhealthy cravings, and prevent unhealthy storage of fat in the body.
- Fats from good sources are beneficial for weight gain in case of an underweight person.
- Fats are known to maintain the body temperature as they provide heat. Heat insulation is provided by the fat under the skin.
- The calories from the fat are saved in the body as a fuel.
- Fats, which are healthy increase the absorption of fat soluble vitamins like A, D, E and K along with mineral absorption.
- Carotene is converted to vitamin A by the good fat and this is good for the eyesight.
- Fats are considered to be good lubricants and prevent dehydration.
- A protective padding is provided by fat around vital organs.
- The healthy fats prevent the body from experiencing inflammation, thereby improving immunity.
- Healthy building blocks are formed for hormones and cell membranes by fats. The good fats are used by the body to build the cell walls. The 10 trillion cells in the body require fats to metabolize insulin.
- Fatty acids which are found in the healthy fats such as caprylic acid are believed to act as anti-viral substances and antibacterial by lauric acid.
- Stearic and palmitic acids are found in fat rich food which help to lower the cholesterol.
- Butyric acid which is found in some fats like ghee help in reducing the risk of cancer.
- Good and high quality fats help in memory enhancement, mental functions, and happiness and learning abilities.
- Fats like coconut oil, castor oil and ghee lubricate the colon and provide support in digestion and elimination process.
- Ghee is considered to have some medicinal properties as it has the ability to absorb nutrients from the herbs. These fats also carry herbs to the desired tissue or organ.
- Fat is believed to be a good source of food for the pregnant women as it helps with the development of the child's brain.
- Healthy fat rich foods are also dense in nutrients such as minerals, calcium and Vitamin E, A, D, K.
- Flexibility and endurance is promoted by healthy fats which is very helpful in people who work for long shift hours that are physically demanding.
My wife is 7th month pregnant. Her abdominal is so hard but baby is ok. What are food eat for her and her baby. Please advise in brief.
In case of condoms leaks breaks or ruptures. What should be done in case of unprotected sex? Consumption of unwanted 72 tablet after having unprotected sex does it avoids pregnancy? On losing virginity on first sexual act it leading to vaginal bleeding n pain what one must do in such conditions?
I am a 24 year old girl, there is continuous pain in my lower abdominal, this pain increases very much after having sex. My vagina swollan and irritating itch. This last for 4-5 days post sexual intercourse. My pain during period time is much more than usual people.
Is it possible that the urge to eat sour food and a sudden increase in appetite always means that the girl is pregnant?
Dear doctor. I want to have free sex without using condom. I want to have sex just 1 times. And not more than that. So to stop pregnancy how many tablets of saheli I should take. Will one tablet of saheli after sex will be ok. For not risking the pregnancy. Like I pills. Or I should take two. Or three. please suggest how much dose for one time inter course.
Any remedy in homeopathy for the problem"Aortic Regurgitation? If so, let me be the name of the medicines and the usage details ? Thanks.
My wife is pregnant during fifth week she has been deducted with thyroid. And she been under medication of thyroxine 50mcg. Now she is 11th week of pregnancy and TSH has come to 3.16 from 7.28 initially. So does she has to continue with the same dosage.
Technology affects every aspect of our lives including how we date. Today, the first interaction a couple has isn’t over a cup of coffee, but through the internet. While some people swear by online dating others are still vary of it. Like a coin, online dating has two sides; pros and cons. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of online dating.
- Easier way of meeting people: If you’re new to the city, online dating can be a great way of introducing yourself to new people. Even if you don’t find a relationship, you might end up with a number of new friends. Online dating can help you meet new people even if you’ve lived in the same city all your life. It broadens your search and introduces you to people outside your friend circle. You might even meet someone who can help you network better professionally.
- Convenient: Careers can be very demanding and leave a person almost no time to socialise. Online dating helps people who have no time to socialise in person, meet people virtually. Today, most online dating websites and apps have filters through which you screen people. hence unlike when a friend sets you up on a blind date, you already know something about the other person and have something in common with them. Online dating also makes optimal use of time; taking a ten-minute break between work - you can easily scan through dating profiles and find someone you’d like to meet.
- Dishonest profiles: Unfortunately, the internet makes it easy to lie and pretend to be someone you are not. While small white lies like pretending to like outdoor activities when you don’t really care for them are okay, some people may put up profiles that are nothing like their actual personalities. This can make online dating slightly unsafe and hence whenever you meet someone from our online dating world, it is best to do so in a place where there will be other people as well.
- Different understanding of relationships: Not everyone who makes a dating profile is interested in a long term relationship. For some people, this may just be a way of meeting people to have a fling with or to simply make new friends. Online dating makes it difficult to understand a person’s true personality and hence you may not realise that you and the other person have a different opinion about relationships until quite late. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Is pregnancy possible from peri-ejaculate fluid? And till wat period of time after sex to avoid pregnancy contraceptive pil can be taken? N name of medicine?
Hello sir or mam, I am in the starting of 9th month pregnancy from 1st dec. I had gone for routine check up on 30. And doctor that fetal heart beat getting low as90 pm and sometimes it's normal then I took an ultrasound that was normal. Till 30 nov. Afternoon I was feeling proper movement of baby in my Womb. But from 1st December movements have been reduced so I am worried about it. Can you pls tell me the solution of my worries.
I have itching in my vagina and their is curd like discharge and smell bed. I have even not done any sexual intercourse, please tell me the possible reasons of this problem and its solution. I will be waiting for your kind answer.
Hi, after iui my doctor asked me to use susten 200 twice a day for 18 days as suppository. I am getting periods like cramps in my lower back. It is now 13 days post iui. Is it a sign of periods or does it happen? Am very curious. Ovulated on day 13.
Sir I am pregnant. In this time which food is suitable for it? Is any problem will arises due to long journeys? Which type of water is suitable for this time? Which vegetables are good for eating in this time?
Please help me to get my period immediately within 2 days I have function I enjoy freely. My age is 21 years old I m married but now a days I do not have sex. My last date is 21 dec.
During pregnancy a woman’s body undergoes constant changes. The entire body tries to accommodate place for the growing uterus as hormones levels drastically fluctuate and ligaments stretched. Pelvic pain and the ensuing discomfort around this time is a common phenomenon experienced by most women.
Though the pain may be harmless, at times it may also lead to serious repercussions. Therefore the identification of the causes that lead to pelvic pain during pregnancy is crucial. Some of them are:
- Accommodation pain: In the initial stages of pregnancy, women may experience cramps which are akin to the pain that precedes menstruation. However, in the case of pregnant women, the pain leads to no bleeding, but in all probability, is caused due to the expansion of the uterus.
- Round ligament pain: Amidst the host of changes that the body goes through, the ligament that goes from the uterus to the groin also undergoes a change; it expands. This is responsible for the pain in the sides especially when women are walking or getting up from a chair.
- Baby’s weight: As the weight of the fetus begins to increase it exerts a pressure on the nerves that move from the vagina to the legs. This causes a dull pain in the pelvic region which increases considerably with walking and riding a car. This is most commonly felt by women who are in their third trimester.
- Urinary Tract Infection: According to reports, most women suffer from urinary tract infection or UTI during pregnancy. This results in uncontrolled, often times, bloody urination and a pain in the abdomen. This is a major cause of concern as, if untreated, it infects the kidneys which in turn increases the risk of an early labour.
- Miscarriage: In the first trimester, a pain in the abdomen may be an indication of a miscarriage. In such a situation, the pain is followed by bleeding and cramps.
- Early labour: During pregnancy, an intermittent pain in the pelvic area and a back ache can also be suggestive of an early labour. If the contractions continue for over two hours after taking the necessary precautions like urinating and taking rest, it may be a sign of an early labor.