Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sushila ShettyYour feedback matters!
I do pregnancy urine test. I got negative result. Bt, I have some symptoms to be pregnant. What should I do?
She is pregnant, about from 3 months, vomiting tendency and stomach swells sometime, wants to eat very less. Please advice.
Hello, my mother is 48 years old. Yesterday night she experienced pain between her thigh, she was fainting, vomiting sensation .I want to know is it because of menopause or any other thing.
Now these days Laparoscopic surgery is commonly performed. Traditional surgeries / open abdominal surgeries are decreasing in number due to few inherent advantages of laparoscopic surgery over traditional / open abdominal surgeries:
- Smaller incisions: During open abdominal surgery, the usual length of incisions vary from 3 cm upto 18 cm, depending on the indication of surgery. Incisions given for laparoscopic surgery are small (usually 0.5 cm – 1.5cm).
- Lesser pain: After surgery, in post-operative period pain is minimal due to small incision size.
- Early Recovery: Lesser pain after surgery fastens the recovery process and faster return to everyday living.
- Lesser Pain Medication: Reduced pain after surgery amount to lesser medication for pain after surgery.
- Shorter hospital stays: Because of early ambulation and faster recovery average hospital stay remains 1 to 2 days for laparoscopic surgery (versus 5 to 7 days for open surgery).
- Lesser wound infection and hernia formation: Smaller incisions decrease the risk of wound infection and chances of hernia formation.
- Cosmetically acceptable: Smaller incisions result in less scarring and hence cosmetically acceptable scars.
- Reduced chances of Infections: There is reduced exposure of internal organs to possible external contaminants which reduces the risk of acquiring infections.
- Reduced hemorrhaging: The amount of blood loss is lesser during laparoscopic surgeries which reduces the chance of needing a blood transfusion.
- Less metabolic derangements: Medical literature supports the fact that there are lesser metabolic derangements after laparoscopic surgery compared to open abdominal surgery.
- Better postoperative pulmonary function: Pulmonary functions i.e. capacity to breath in and out is least affected after laparoscopic surgery which help in faster recovery from the procedure.
Hello, I had sex 7 day of my period is it possible can I get pregnant now I feel some symptoms of pregnancy my last period first day is 9 dec and 16 dec I had sex my period cycle is regular I am waiting for result I am diabetic when I check it properly.
We are girlfriend-boyfriend and we had foreplay but while foreplay his penis was getting rubbed against my vagina. So is there any chance of me getting pregnant? And if there is any chance then please write remedies for that. Please write prescription.
Hi I am 38 years old woman and am getting irregular periods for the last 1 year. If my period comes it will come for more than 10 days and stop only after I take the tablet trenexa mf. I am overweight about 125 kgs. I do not have another infirmities like sugar or thyroid or pcod. I have had 2 c sections in the last 15 years. Please advice.
I am 27 and my husband is 28 yrs. From last one year I had aborted 2 times. 1st pregnancy at 7 weeks due to bleeding. 2nd one at 4th month due to a birth defect of baby seen in ultrasound. Defect is anencephaly. Now took gap of 6 months after abortion. We are planning for pregnancy also I am taking folic acid (mcbm-69. Recently I have done Torch test and APL test. In that it seems for Rubella-IgG 4.72 OD ratio I have and for Rubella-IgM I have 1.74 OD Ratio. Pls help me do I have Rubella infection or I am immune to Rubella. Reference range is: Negative: <=0.90 Equivocal: 0.91 - 1.10 Positive: >= 1.11 Positive means do I have infection.
Hello. I am 2o years old I am trying to conceive. I actually tried for 4 months and I conceived. But it turned out to b chemical pregnancy. I had and ultra scan of pelvis and everything was cleared. But eventually after 20 - 21 days on 11 January I had brown discharge light in quantity for 2 days and my period started but this tym it stayed longer (5 days heavy) and 6th no bleeding at all. So my next due date stands to b 13 FEB as I have 30 days cycle but in between on 28 th of jan I had 2 three drops of blood which I thought as ovulation spotting and continued to have and before that spotting also I had sex. So that I could conceive but now on 18 of January I got period (5 days late. With clear red blood. My question is why I am not able to conceive. My thyroid report blood report everything is cleared even the pelvis ultrasound shows everything is cleared. How long it will take. should I use ovulation prediction kit. Because this month I anyhow wish to get pregnant. Kindly suggest.
I'm in mid forty and suffering from hot flushes after reaching menopause stage. I've been having these hot flushes since 8 months, please suggest me the proper medication to get over.
Hi, Me and My girlfriend had unprotected sex. After 12 hours she had unwanted-72 pill. She missed her periods. And today she had done pregnancy test. And the result is positive? What should we do now please help. We don't need baby. Our age is just 23 please help.
I am 30 years old women. I got married January 2015. My first pregnancy was ectopic pregnancy and again second pregnancy was complete molar pregnancy. What shall I do? Why did happen above these pregnancies with me? May I responsible for this? I am completely disappointed and depressed. Shall I get normal pregnancy or not? I fell insecure. I am in danger.
I had my first IUI failed this month and AF arrived I was very depressed. Now heading towards second IUI hoping to get BFP. My first IUI was with clomid and injectable (HMG) and trigger shot (HCG). And there were 4 follicles of good size 20 mm. After the trigger egg rupture was late almost after 48 hours and IUI was done at 60th hour. My gums could see the ruptured follicle and also the fluid after rupture was seen on ultrasound then only she headed to IUI. She later kept me on progesterone supportive for 14 days. Was the timing an issue? What was wrong in this first try which resulted in failure? Can anyone succeeded who can share the tips which helped them to bring success to IUI.
I am 25 years old. I got married before 8 months. I have taken the primolut-N tablet for 7 days in april. After stopping the period came. But I want to know when I can be pregnant? How long it will take?
Trichomonas Vaginalis, a virus, which affects almost 7.4 million men and women each year. This virus can cause a sexually transmitted disease upon contact with a person who may be carrying the same. This condition is more common in women than it is in men and causes a variety of symptoms. Let us learn more about this infection.
- Symptoms: This disease does not have any obvious symptoms until the problem becomes pretty severe. The symptoms for men include irritation inside the penis, discharge, and a burning sensation upon urination and ejaculation. The symptoms for women include a strong odour filled discharge that may also be greenish yellow in colour, pain in the lower abdomen in case the infection is extremely severe, itching and irritation in the vagina, and pain or discomfort during sexual intercourse.
- Diagnosis: The gynaecologist or the general physician will usually carry out the diagnosis with the help of blood and urine samples that will be sent to the lab for testing. These tests will help in determining the spread and severity of the infection. The doctor will also use vaginal or urethral fluid in order to diagnose the issue with the help of further lab tests. Most doctors will tell you that it is harder to detect the presence of the virus in women, than it is in men.
- Treatment: The treatment of this disease is done with the help of metronidazole, which can be used to treat trichomoniasis in case the patient is pregnant. It is usually recommended that the sexual partner of the patient should also be treated for the infection so as to stem its spread. Also, the doctors will recommend abstinence from sex for the duration of the treatment. Antibiotics will also be prescribed for both partners. Usually, one will be asked to wait for all the symptoms to disappear before becoming sexually active again.
- Complications: There is a risk of contracting the HIV virus in case pregnant women do not get treated for this disease on time. It can also cause premature rupture of the various membranes that protect the foetus, which can in turn, lead to premature delivery of the baby. Further, women who are suffering from this disease are at higher risk of passing on the HIV virus to their partners. This happens when the woman is also infected with the HIV virus.
- Prevention: There are various ways to prevent this disease including the proper use of condoms and limiting the number of sexual partners. Genital inflammation and pain should be checked by a doctor immediately to rule out the possibility of this STD. Also, one must take the necessary precautions to avoid catching and spreading this disease and getting a full body check up done is an important part of prevention.