Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Suresh Kumar SYour feedback matters!
Meri 6 mahine ki beti hai jiske ek taraf ke breast me ek gath jesa kuch hai kya ye koi darne wàli bat hai? Mera ye pehela baby hai isliye mujhe koi idea nahi hai uske bare me please help me doctor.
My son age 17yrs but he using drugs, alcohol, chigaratee and others. How can I de addicted him? please advice me?
My son is of 4 months old is not passing motion regularly. He will not pass motion for more than a week. Is there any natural way to make it regular. Can we start giving him solid food like raggi. To make his motion regular can we give him castor oil? pls give me a reply at the earliest
Hello Sir I have a child 4 months old, at the time of birth he didn't cried so doctor suggested to go to other hospital, in that hospital a doctor checked my baby and told he is a down syndrome. In this four months his activities are good, I need to know how he is in future activities, is there any treatment for develop the child. Please give me any suggestions to develop my child.
Sir my baby boy is about 5.5 months he didn't take his mothers milk. Which milk product I should give him ?
Kirunal - 240 SoftGels (500 mg), the ratio is 4: 1 EPA to DHA. My daughter is five and half years old, she is very hyperactive. She can't stand and walk Can I give her Kirunal - 240 SoftGels (500 mg) Capsules.?If yes. Please suggest the daily dosage. Thanks,
4 months ago I got c section operation given birth to baby boy .Yesterday onwards loose motion and stools mixed with blood and white gel and stomach ache. And my son 4 months baby vomiting whenever he drinks breast milk from yesterday.
Study Smarter and Not Harder!
There are few things I hear over and over again from students -
- How they are studying for so many in a day
- How they do not have even time for anything else in their life due to study pressure
- How they are sleep deprived
- How much they are stressed
- And finally, after all the sacrifices and hard work, their exam performance is not what they expect.
Here are few tips to study smart, improve your grades and yet have a life!
We all know that 2 hours of focused study will be much more productive than 4 hours of distracted study.
And the good news is that concentration is a mental skill that you can develop and improve.
There are two ways to improve your concentration:
First, work on raising your brain's natural ability to concentrate or in other words, learn to increase your attention span.
Second, adjust the environment around you to make concentrating easier.
Improving your concentration takes a little time and effort, but it is worth it. In my personal experience with students, I have seen noticeable improvement in relatively short time.
Ideas for daily concentration-boosting habits include:
- Mindfulness meditation - many studies confirm that 20 minutes of meditation or more per day improves concentration and attention span. Mindfulness meditation, where one focuses on one's breathing, is one of the simplest way of meditation. Start with ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes before bed. To begin with you may try a guided meditation. One can easily find audios for guided meditation online.
- Proper sleep - I am sorry to say this. Pulling all nighters will not help with your grade. Unless you are getting sufficient restful sleep, you are not going to be as mentally focused as you could be to study as well as answer questions in exams.
- Food for your Brain - The more you use certain skills, the more they are reinforced in the brain. So it makes sense that playing concentration games and games that require you to focus will improve your concentration ability. You need to be consistent in this. Play for about 10 to 20 minutes each day. Have fun, and get the benefits but remember not to spend more than 20 minutes a day. Your goal is to improve your concentration and not just keep scoring higher in the game! Try Lumocity and use only free version this will help you restrict your daily play time to 20 minutes and have maximum benefit.
- Eat healthier - your brain needs the proper nutrients to allow you to focus. Eat more vegetables and fruits and avoid consumption of junk food as much as possible. Instead you could keep some nuts such as walnuts, almond or peanuts as in between munches. Lot of research has now proven that sugar is very harmful for our health. Reduce sugar and refined white flour in your diet as much as you could.
- Exercise - is helpful in both reducing stress and increasing energy and focus. At least 20 minutes a day would go a long way. Going for a short jog of 20 minutes will make next 4-5 hours of study very efficient.
Optimize your mental state and environment:
In addition to building the habits described above into your daily routine; also adjust your environment and your current mental state to improve your concentration when studying.
Create a study space - Your brain loves routine. Create a place where all you do is study. An obvious choice is a secluded desk of some kind, but the trick is to make sure you only study in that spot. Studying in bed is a bad habit, for example, because your body is trained to want to sleep once you get into bed.
Remove distractions - Turn off the ringer on your phone and take other steps to prevent interruptions. Don't study with the television on or with radio playing. Some studies have shown that soft instrumental music (no vocals) can help improve your concentration.
Reduce background noises - If you have to study or work in an environment where it is too loud (classroom or open space) or too quiet (such as at home or at a library) you can get easily distracted by outside influences. With the right amount of background noise you can actually block out distractions and enhance your creative thinking.
Use timer - Set a time limit when you need to study new material. For example, let's say you want to read one chapter in a book (and remember it). Decide in advance that you can have 45 minutes to read the chapter, and 15 minutes to review it. Set a timer to keep yourself honest, then pace yourself to keep within the allotted time.
Stay motivated - If you see studying as burden, it's hard to concentrate. One way to stay motivated is to set up a reward system. Tell yourself you have to earn that hour of watching your favorite show later in the evening by first completing 2-3 hours of intense studying.
That way, even if the material is dry, you have the reward to look forward to.
Take breaks - Take a break every two hours. You mental energy will begin to decline after a long period of study. So every two hours or so, take a ten minute break. Walk around, eat a light snack, or just stare at the wall to relax your mind.
Concentrating is the first step to learning anything new. It only makes sense that if you improve your concentration, your memory will improve also.
How can I help?
If you want to get individualized expert opinion about how you are studying currently and what ways you can improve; book an audio consultation with me. Once I know what your current study methods are, I will be able to give you specific tips to improve upon. Most likely once you incorporate my tips you will be spending less time studying and your grades will improve. That's what is studying smarter and not harder means!!
My baby is almost 1 month now and we noticed now that he is tongue tie. As of now feeding is not a problem though I feel he usually sleep of in the middle of breastfeeding and get up frequently. Is surgery a must and if so can we do now or wait for few more months? Will his speech be affected?
I have 2.5 month old son. I cant produce enough breastmilk for him. So give cow milk. Is it ok. Or I should give formula milk. If yes then which brand of formula should I use. He is underweight too.
My new born baby (13 days) is crying wen I lay her in bed. She is showing irritations. She is also crying while passing urine. Is dat is a pblm pls rly.
Now my baby 2 and half month. My baby is not sleeping well. He is sleeping 6 pm to 3 am only (in between breast feed also) in day time he is not sleeping well. Alternatively half an hour sleep in day time. Pls tell me solution for my baby. And he get cold also. How to cure dis 2 problems.
Suvarna prashan sanskar is one of the 16 essential rituals described in ayurveda for children.
It is one of the most important ayurvedic oral vaccination which should be compulsorily administered to every child.
This vaccination is the most superior one when compared to the modern vaccinations like bcg; polio drops; hepatitis; etc. As they have many other side-effects too.
What is suvarna prashan?
The process in which suvarna bhasma (purified ash of gold) is administered with fortified ghee prepared with herbal extracts, and honey in liquid or semisolid form.
Whom to administer?
Suvarna prashan can be given to age group of 0-16 years.
What is the time of administration?
Suvarna prashan can be done daily early in the morning, or at least on every pushya nakshatra- an auspicious day- which happens to come after every 27 days, given on this day it bestows excellent benefits.
What are the benefits of suvarna prashan?
• suvarna prashan increases immunity power and develops resistance against common infections, thus prevents children from falling ill very oftentimes.
• it builds physical strength in children and enhances physical activities and also improves stamina for the same.
• regular doses of suvarna prashan improves child’s intellect, grasping power, sharpness, analysis power, memory recalling in an unique manner.
• it kindles digestive fire, improves digestion and decreases related complaints.
• suvarna prashan also improves child’s appetite.
• it helps to nurture early physical and mental development.
• it develops an inbuilt strong defense mechanism in kids which acts as a safety shield against diseases and complaints occurring due to seasonal change and other prevailing infections.
• it helps body to recover early in case of any illness.
• it guards children from various allergies.
• it protects children from ailments occurring during teething phase.
Overall it makes child healthier.
Benefits of suvarna prashan at vishwacare:
• prepared using completely natural and organic products which are 100% original
• freshly made on every pushya nakshatra
• prepared by the doctor herself
• suvarna prashan drops and leham, both are given
• suvarna prashan daily drops are also available
• substantial beneficial results are achieved
Children taking suvarna prashan doses regularly can be easily distinguished from their remarkably outstanding physical and mental ability.
This suvarna prashan thus helps in the overall development of the child in a more safer way by providing side benefits without any side effects.
Upcoming dates of suvarna prashan in 2017:
8th march (wed) 05: 46 pm - 9th march (thurs) 05: 12 pm
(guru pushya amrut yog from sunrise to 05: 12 pm on 9th march)
4th april (tue) 11: 12 pm - 5th april (wed) 10: 52 pm
2nd may (tue) 5: 16 am - 3rd may (wed) 4: 33 am
29th may (mon) 1: 25 pm - 30th may (tue) 11: 57 am
25th june (sun) 11: 25 pm - 26th june (mon) 9: 22 pm
23rd july (sun) 09: 53 am - 24th july (mon) 7: 43 am
19th aug (sat) 7: 09 pm - 20th aug (sun) 5: 22 pm
16th sept (sat) 2: 16 am - 17th sept (sun) 1: 05 am
13th oct (fri) 7: 46 am - 14th oct (sat) 6: 54 am
9th nov (thurs) 1: 39 pm - 10th dec (fri) 12: 25 pm
(guru pushya amrut yog from 1: 39 pm on 9th nov to before sunrise on 10th nov)
6h dec (wed) 9: 57 pm - 7th dec (thurs) 7: 54 pm
(guru pushya amrut yog from sunrise to 7: 54 pm on 7th dec)
(P.S.: Guru pushya amrut yog is the best time to give suvarna prashan)
My son is 4 month old. (birth weight is 2.75) his weight is 5.75 kg. Head circumference is 40 cm. Is it normal? Having mothers milk only. When will I start semi solid foods?
My daughter is 5. 5 months old her weight is just 5.5 please help me I am really worried birth weight 3.3.
My daughter she 2 years 6 month she fell ill due to indigestion. And started to vomit and doc gave few medicines after that she started to pass loose tools. It's almost 1 week now she not eating her food. Her tummy to bolted and when I fed her she brings it out. She only take smashed food. Still doesn't like to chew her food. But other things she knows to chew but the quantity what I give it's like giving to a bird. Please tell.
asthma is a major cause of school absenteeism and hospital admission in children between the age of 5- 18 years of age. Over 6 million children over the world are suffering from Asthma. So, today I am going to talk about childhood Asthma.
Common symptoms of Asthma are a recurrent cough, recurrent cold, wheeze, restlessness, chest tightness, cold that straight go to a chest and night cough. So, if your child is suffering from any such symptoms, then you should visit your physician for Asthma evaluation.
What causes Asthma?
Asthma is caused due to the swelling of the air way response to inhalation of the indoor and outdoor allergens. For example, dust mites, pollen, molds, animal dander and insects like cockroaches.
In case of acute asthma attacks, the muscle surrounding the air way get tighten and less air is passed through the lungs.
A physician can help you by conducting different tests. For example, Spirometry or lung function test if your child is 5 years and above and is co operative.
An allergy test is done to find out the allergen that your child is allergic to. And later allergen avoidance help in reducing the frequency and severity of the Asthma symptoms. The doctor may advise for a blood test or X-Ray of the chest if indicated.
So asthma management includes Allergen avoidance, in which the allergen that has been diagnosed by allergic trick testing should be avoided completely.
Pharmacotherapy includes the preventer medicines and the rescue medicines.
Preventer medicines are given as the long term medicines for Asthma, whereas Rescue medicines are provided at the time of a severe attack. Besides this, your doctor will give you Asthma Action Plan and Peak flow meter to monitor the symptoms.
Reduction of stress and breathing exercises indirectly help in Asthma management.
So with the help, proper care and with the proper medication, your child can live a normal and healthy life.
For more information, you can contact me via lybrate.com