Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SunithaYour feedback matters!
4 Benefits of being a vegan
Being a vegan is not a fad diet. It's also a personal philosophical and lifestyle choice. A person may choose to become a vegan because of environmental factors, health factors, and other ethical reasons. What differentiates a vegan from a vegetarian is the fact that a vegan not only doesn't eat meat or other animal products but doesn't use any other animal products or by-products whatsoever, such as dairy products, leather, eggs, honey, wool, silk, fur etc.
Good News is that adopting such a lifestyle can be an entry into a world of better health.
Some of the health benefits of being a vegan are:
1) Improved mood - Edible and dietary sources of food from animals are rich in arachidonic acid, and research has concluded a relationship linking mood disturbances with arachidonic acid. It has been also found that restricting the consumption of meat, fish and poultry can lead to mood improvements. Vegetarian diets are not rich in this acid and, thus, they may help in uplifting your general mood.
2) Can reduce chance of diabetes by up to 50% - According to a research by Loma Linda University School of Public Health, a vegan diet can lead to a drastic reduction in the prevalence of diabetes. A vegan diet also helps in the management of diabetes as well as helps to reduce the likelihood of contracting diabetes by 50%.
3) Lower cholesterol - Eating animal fat doesn't have any benefit. Instead, it can have harmful health effects. Thus, it's not surprising that once animal fats are removed from your diet, it can lead to a healthier lifestyle. After studying the long-term effects of following a vegetarian diet, researchers in Korea have concluded that body fat and cholesterol tend to lower in vegans than those who follow a non-vegetarian diet.
4)Reduced risk of stroke and obesity - Vegans, in general, have a lower chance of binge eating and choosing to eat food out of emotions; this is because they follow a strict diet. These two factors, which contribute to obesity, are mostly observed in non-vegetarians and very rarely in vegans.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am in 5 month pregnancy during this time I have pain in passing urine area should I have to be worried.
My last period is 24/1/15 .I CHECK pregnant test . Test is positive .I had about this by eating tablet .So give name of tablet. Which is easy to avilable In medical
Sir/mam I had recently done medicated abortion. I am not having bleeding now, its been a full month now but I dint got my periods yet .iam also having white discharge. What is the reason.
Nowadays, people just don't feel like cooking at home. Ordering takeout is the way to go today. It has become a regular part of your diet. But it is extremely detrimental to your health. You may lick your fingers and savor the moment after that lip smacking bucket of fried chicken or the burger you just polished off, but in the long run, a whole lot of health problems are going to follow suit.
- Restaurant food is extremely fattening and can raise your cholesterol levels sky high. Obesity is now a major modern health problem, which is affecting children since the young age. In adults, it increases the risk of Type 2 diabetes. To our brain, this food is often very rewarding, and we tend to overeat as a result.
- The meat in your burger is so laden with artificial chemicals, that it is hardly nutritive. It is essentially scrap meat that is fattened up and flavored to suit your taste buds. It contains high amounts of ammonia, a chemical that is found in your bathroom cleaning liquid and that is hardly fit for human consumption.
- It is extremely addictive, where the more frequently you eat it, the more you crave it, until you lose all self-control. If you eat restaurant food more than once a week, you have fallen prey to the most common trend of today.
- Restaurant chains are nowadays trying to lure customers with healthier options like salads or soups, but they're hardly healthy and are instead full of preservatives
- The desserts and sodas that you love are full of artificial sweeteners and high fructose corn syrup. Sugar is hardly nutritious and only adds to energy levels, which when not burnt off lead to all the oodles of fat in your belly. It can also increase your resistance to insulin.
- A lot of the ingredients in restaurant food are processed foods that contain artificial chemicals like colorants, preservatives, artificial flavors and textures. Its harmful nature can never be stressed upon enough.
- Eating refined flour on a regular basis is a big no-no. Its carbohydrates are difficult for the digestive tract to break down, once again leading it to being accumulated. Don't get mislead by promises of 'whole grain' items; for even they are whole grain, they are broken down to finer flour that hardly retains its nutritive value.
No wonder it's called 'junk food', it only brings harm to your body. Make a conscious effort to replace it with real, fresh food that actually contains nutrients and not artificial chemicals.
I have breast pain which increases at the time of onset of my menstrual cycle and otherwise it pains when I touch my breasts. But I am unable to figure out any lumps. So should I consult a doctor or its just a hormone imbalance.
Mam Meri wife ko period 20th ko ana Hai aur ham 13th se pregnancy k liye try Kar rhy Hai to Kiya ye try Karna Hai Hai fir ham sirf time loss Kar rhy Hai please mam bataiye hamko.
I am 17 years old I had an unprotected sex but there was no ejaculation just the precum was on my vagina this happened on may 3 and then got my periods on may 10 and also on june 10 but my period is now delayed by 10 days am I pregnant?
My period date was 11 and it stays for 3 days. I want to have sex with my partner on 20. Unprotected. Can I get pregnant.
I have itching nd swelling in vagina, it's very unbearable ,it start every 15-16 days again and again! What should I do?
Mai 27 saal ka hu meri shaadi hone wali hai agar first night ke din mai sex karta hu bina protection ke to kya mere wife pregnent to nhi hogi n please suggest kre.
I had unprotected sex with a massage therapist on August 5th but after that incident I had a feeling that I made a grave mistake. Thus I was feeling restless for many days. Had digestive issue for some days since I was having cold before that incident. But from that day I got obsessed with the aids symptoms which I saw online and was very afraid. I took a HIV antibody 1 and 2 test on 30th aug. Which came non reactive and cut off value is 0.05. What should I do next. Please help me.
I am having a long term periods, twice in a month and that long for 10 to 12 days, went to a doctor and she prescribed Tranostat, it worked for a month. But when next month again the same problem.
With viral fever on the rise it is advisable to prevent yourself against dengue and chikungunya. Dengue is caused by a family of viruses that are transmitted by mosquitoes. It is an acute illness of sudden onset that usually symptoms such as headache, fever, exhaustion, severe muscle and joint pain, swollen lymph nodes, and rash. The presence of fever, rash, and headache is particularly characteristic of dengue.
Most common symptoms of dengue are:
Symptoms, which usually begin four to six days after infection and last for up to 10 days, may include
- Sudden, high fever
- Severe headaches
- Pain behind the eyes
- Severe joint and muscle pain
- Skin rash, which appears two to five days after the onset of fever
- Mild bleeding (such a nosebleed, bleeding gums, or easy bruising)
How to diagnose and prevent against dengue?
Diagnosing dengue fever: Blood test to check for the virus or antibodies to it .IgG AND IgM for Dengue Fever.
Prevention against dengue fever:
- Stay away from heavily populated residential areas, if possible.
- Use mosquito repellents, even indoors.
- When outdoors, wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants tucked into socks.
- When indoors, use air conditioning if available.
- Make sure window and door screens are secure and free of holes. If sleeping areas are not screened or air conditioned, use mosquito nets.
Role of Ayurveda in treating dengue:
Ayurveda believes in treating a person as a whole, it means that it focuses on the patient as a person, as well as his pathological condition. Ayurvedic remedies are selected after a full individual examination and case analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient physical & mental constitution, family history, presenting symptoms, underlying pathology etc. An Ayurvedic practitioner tries to treat more than just the symptoms present. The focus is not on curing the disease, but to cure the person who is sick; to restore for health. If a disease pathology is not very advanced homeopathic remedies to give a hope for cure; even in incurable case the quality of life can be greatly improved with Ayurvedic remedies.
Iam 18yer old girl I hav missed my period last was on 25dec. Till nw I havmt got my period. I checked bt the result was negative wr should I do to get my period early.
Hi. Im 18. I'm a virgin. Actually today had sex with my boyfriend. But just the outer rubbing . I'm scared that I might get pregnant. Please help. The fluid might go inside that's what my fear is. please help. Just the pre ejaculation touched my vagina. And is it safe to have pill?
Her beta HCG value is 422.6 miu/ml, her lmp was 17 Nov, she has confirmed her pregnancy via test kit. She has a 6 year old daughter, she has had a miscarriage last year at the end of first trimester. Her thyroid is normal Please advise if it is normal. Thanks Rohit.
- In rainny season wash all vegetables and fruits thoroughly
- In rainny season wash all vegetables and fruits thoroughly, esp green leafy vegetables, cauliflower, broccoli, brinjal, roots and tubers which harbour larvae, worms and dust. Clean them under running water.
- Steaming them is the best way to get rid of germs. Soaking the greens in salt water for about 10minutes can help remove insects.
- Research has shown that using just plain old water can remove 98% of the bacteria when it is used to rinse and soak produce.
- If you decide to use vinegar, research has shown that a 3 part water to 1 part vinegar is most effective. A soak of five to10 minutes should be sufficient. Try to get the water temperature as close to that of the fruit or vegetable that you wish to clean. When you have a variety of fruits and vegetables, it might be best to wash these separately.