Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. SumangalaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, I am 16 years old and I have been facing ocular migraines from the age of 12! it blocks my eyes with some terrible transparent objects which fly in my vision and leads to a very painful headache as well! due to this I am not able to do things properly. I even am not able to concentrate in my studies due to the fear of having headaches and finally vision loss! please help me get rid of this ocular migraine please.
I am an employee and work with system for almost 10 hrs a day. I got rid of using specs since years. I have sight of 3.55 for left and 4 for right eye and have ordered contact lens. Can I wear these lens for 24 hrs? Shopkeeper guy says yes as they are boschernom lens and can wear them everyday 24 hrs and work with system and its ok even if I sleep with them. Is it true? Will my eyes have any issues in future if I use these 24*7?
Iam male 20 yrs. I hav so dull face. And my eyes look so weak, means it went inside. And my face is so small how to get good active face, and my body is so weak. My weight is just 48. How to increase my weight and body. Wat product should I use, for all above.
My age is 25 and my eye number is right eye 1.5 left eye 1.25 Could you please suggest me glass brand which will help maintain eye number so that it won't increase over period of time ?
After few days I did not see the things clearly. How I can improve my eyesight. please give me any home suggestion or any exercise.
One eye vision was gone. Doctor was tell that vein of back side of eye is collapse, and it is not testable.What it is possible to clear vision.
Good nigh! I am ramin and I am 21 years old. Question: the darkness around my eyes has increased can you please tell me what is the causes of it and how to treat this. Thanks and regards! Ramin.
Sir I had eye site of 2.0 nd 1.75, I am wearing specs. But I don't like it, is there any chance to remove specs?
How much is lasik Laser treatment effective for catriac? Does it have any side effects? Or any latest technology do we have?
I have this moles over my face and in many other body parts. What is the best way to remove it apart from surgery. I don't want scars. Also it is close to my eyes so tell me something that won't effect my eye.
Dear sir, before some days I am feeling so tiredness in whole day. I feel heaviness in my eyes. I can not do my job in this situation. Please suggest me a solution. Thanks in advance.
While red bloodshot eyes may look worrisome at first sight, it is not a cause of concern all the time. There are benign, short-lasting bouts that will disappear on their own to serious medical reasons that could require intervention.
Listed below are some common causes and ways to manage red eyes.
- Conjunctivitis: The most common cause of red or pink eye is a conjunctivitis infection of the membrane covering the sclera. The blood vessels are irritated and give the eye a red hue. This is contagious and very common in children, needs to be treated with antibiotic drops based on the cause.
- Allergy: Be it pollen, dust, dander, or some other chemicals, eyes could be sensitive to it and get inflamed and take on a red color. This can be treated with a combination of prevention by avoiding exposure to the allergen (which causes the allergy) and some antihistamine drops if required.
- Contact lenses: Extended or improper use of contact lenses is the main reason for red eyes in contact lens users. There is reduced lubrication, increased accumulation of dust and microbes if the lens is not removed at frequent intervals. Removal of the lens and visits to the doctor are important things for managing it.
- Computer Vision Syndrome: With people spending a large amount of time staring at computer screens, tablets and phone screens, the dryness in the eyes increase, thereby, leading to red eyes. The reduced blinking when working on computers also affects the condition. It is therefore very important to take conscious breaks to stare away from the monitors and use special glasses if required. In some cases, eye drops may also be required.
- Occupational Hazard: For people working outdoors, conditions such as dust, heat, smoke, and dry air increase the chances of red eyes. Reducing exposure as much as possible and use of protective eyewear is extremely essential.
- Dry Eye Syndrome: The tear glands are a constant source of lubrication for the eyes and also cleanse the eyes from the minute dust particles and other irritants. For various reasons, the tears produced may not be sufficient and can lead to red eyes. Artificial tear substitute could be used for managing this.
Some benign reasons like swimming, smoking, lack of sleep, pregnancy, common cold also produce bloodshot eyes. On the other hand, corneal ulcer, uveitis, ocular herpes, glaucoma, and other medical conditions could also lead to red eyes.
If it persists for more than 2 days, is painful, and is associated with discharge or sensitivity to light, it is important to seek medical help, especially if associated with injury or trauma.
Related Tip: "Natural Remedies For Better Eyesight"