Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. SumangalaYour feedback matters!
I have suffer or drive job. When I drive my bike for long time, l have head ache. Some doctors tell me about it that getting. Please tell me about it. Thank.
I have blurring sight low sight in dark and hearing problem sir please suggest me suitable cure so I can live normal life.
I am 26 years old. Sir I am used computer 2-3 hours per day. Sir last few days I feel some problem in my eyes and also a head. Sir please give me some tips. Thanks.
Dear doctor Meri eyes andar ki taraf ghus gyi hai aur age 21 hai. Apni aankho ko healthy aur aankho ke niche ke gaddhe ko kaise thik karein iske liye koi dwa batayein.
Namaste dear doc, I need some advice about the recent ailment attacked to my mamma i.e. Glaucoma to the right eye. Doc has prescribed eye drops for the same, saying the eye pressure is high. I would like to know how to cure this ailment besides drops. Kindly suggest the best cure and tips to overcome. Am very much distressed since I have heard about it. Thank you.
Hi Doctor, Actually I'm a Computer Engineer, so when I sitting in front of my laptop, I'm facing certain in my eyes. What should I do?
My age is 18 and I am female I am suffering with headache suddenly and consulted doctor he suggested me spectacles I bought it for my sight but my head ache is suffering me.
My friend has squint in both eyes, she wears specs with (-1.25 and -2) & 180° spherical. Doctor suggested to get it (squint) operated. But we consulted other doctor he advised that my friend should go through laser surgery first because squint can reoccur if eyesight is poor and there is no need to get squint operated it will cure automatically by laser operation. Now we are really confused what to do? Kindly suggest us a way out.
I am having pain my throat I have this for past 2 years. I cN see it has engulfed. Can it be thyroid.
Hye Dr. S I have weak eyesight. Far objects seem blurred to me. I use spec's of no. 1.5. Can increase my eyesight naturally if yes then how. And in how much time it works.
Any patient who needs to undergo cataract surgery must be evaluated in a thorough manner so as to establish the requirement, appropriateness, expected surgical problems, expected benefits and co-morbid conditions having an influence on cataract surgery.
The preoperative assessment consists of -
A test for your existing glasses prescription:
It is useful for your cataract surgeon to know your existing glasses prescription in cases where there is a high refractive error (people who are very short or long sighted), in order to plan to correct this error after cataract surgery.
A full ocular examination: This includes looking at:
- The eyelid anatomy and inflammation.
- The state of the tear film, dry eye changes could make surgery difficult
- The presence of abnormalities in the cornea that could make visualisation of the cataract difficult during surgery.
- The amount of dilation the iris undergoes with dilating drops.
- The type of cataract. Soft cataracts can be aspirated. Hard cataracts need more ultra-sound energy and surgical time to break up and remove. White cataracts may need trypan blue staining to visualize the capsule
- The measurement of intra-ocular pressure. With this test, we aim to exclude glaucoma and ensure optimal control of immediate pre-operative and intra-operative eye pressures often with extra eye drops that temporarily lower eye pressure.
Biometry Tests: This is a simple pre-operative measurement. It calculates the correct power of artificial intra-ocular lens. They will be implanted into your eye once your cataract is removed.
Corneal Topography: This is a test to map out the corneal curvature in greater detail. It is used prior to premium IOL Implantation like Toric IOLS either monofocal or multifocal , to ensure avoid postoperative refractive errors. This extra test is only required if the biometry readings show larger than normal differences in keratometry readings.
Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT): This test allows detailed visualisation of the macula (the central sensitive part of the retina used for fine vision). If the ophthalmologist suspects any macula changes that may prevent a patient from visual improvement after cataract surgery, he always suggest optical coherence tomography.
Blood Pressure Measurements: It is very important to know your blood pressure measurements before your cataract operation. The risk of having a bleed at the back of your eye during cataract surgery (supra-choroidal haemorrhage) is very small (1 in 10000). But is higher if you have uncontrolled blood pressure.
Blood Sugar Measurements in Diabetic Patients: Cataract surgery itself does not affect your blood sugar measurements if you are diabetic. A routine checkup of blood sugars in diabetics before cataract surgery is done and the surgery if often delayed if the levels were greater than 20mmol/L as the risk of post-operative infection is higher.
Am 29 years old female and I have dandruff problem in my eyelashes. It is very itchy. I washed it with baby shampoo but it seems no result. And there is one small lumps on my right eyelid since last 2 yrs. I already showed to the doctors and they just suggested me to compress with warm water but it did not work. What should I do?
I am diabetic patient 57 years of age blood sugar under control. I got some problem with lower jaw tooths. If the same is extracted, I heard side effect on eye and Ear. Please clarify.
Also known as short-sightedness, myopia is an eye disorder, which disables a person from seeing things clearly from a distance. Myopia impedes one's capability to see distant objects vividly and induces a general sense of blurriness. One of the most common cure for myopic conditions is the constant exposure to concave lenses, which stabilizes the curvature of the refracting surface of the eye, thus improving one's sight. Hence spectacles or contact lenses become the constant companion to a myopic individual. Myopia is often accompanied by sustained headaches and chronic colds.
In fact, under certain circumstances, myopia gets aggravated progressively, which often jeopardizes the health of the eye immensely. In the contemporary situation, where we are persistently exposed to gadgets of all sorts, maintaining the health of our eye becomes a cumbersome task. Periodic monitoring by ophthalmologists is a recommended method.
However, Ayurveda offers some easy and home-based formulae to alleviate the symptoms of myopia:
- Yashti Madhu: A teaspoonful of Yashti Madhu mixed with ghee and honey can prove beneficial to healing myopic conditions.
- Saptamrita Lauha: This medicine comprises of constituents endowed with medicinal properties like triphala, yashtimadhu, lauha bhasma, ghee and honey. It benefits the nervous activities, thereby soothing myopic troubles. It reaps better results when consumed with milk.
- Diet: Myopia is often worsened by a deficiency of vitamins in the body. Therefore increasing the supply of vitamin rich food, enhances the immunity of the body and reduces the strain on the eye caused by myopia. Some of the food items that are replete with vitamins are carrots, green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, nuts and berries. Fish is also a very effective source of vitamins and is proven to be helpful to the eye.
- Netra Tarpan: Eye drops have often been effective cure to myopia. Netra Tarpan is an ayurvedic eye drop imbued with healing properties which not only tranquilizes the irritation in the eye, but also improves the vision.
- Lifestyle changes: Executing certain lifestyle changes can result in significant improvement in one's eyesight. Yoga and meditation are known to usher explicit health benefits. Regular sleep is also a prerequisite for curing myopia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.