Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. SumangalaYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 8 year old and good at studies and quite bright child. The problem is with her EQ. She usually has her opinion on everything and will make sure that it is been followed. She does not follow what we say at once usually. Sometimes in front of others, when she does something which we have told her not to do, it causes stress and anger in us. She wants us to give her complete attention all the time, which can not happen all the time. (incase of guests etc) during such times she demands for the tv. Which if I do not give. She starts irritating me. And after that she get the avoiding she gets into denial mode. So whatever is been told to do she will say no for it. How should I handle it?
I am 21 year old guy having a problem of severe headache. It starts in between the day and remains till the night. Generally it creates problem during my study. My eyesight is also weak but I use spectacles with proper consult of doctor. Kindly suggest me the best solution for my headache problem.
I have red eyes. I cannot see clearly. I also see black spot in front of my eyes so please help me on this. I am fed up right now.
I have red eye last night and I don't know what I do. I am so worry about my eyes and I have want a advice to you for my eyes. I am so oblige to your advice. Hellp Dr.
I want to know whether squint surgery would be preferred for someone who is 36 years old. What are the chances of better outcomes?
I have pain in my eyes, my eyes become red, pain in head and I can not see from long distance properly. Then what should I do?
My eye is blinking continuously for last three weeks almost, Not knowing the reason, please advise me.
My name is Ankit Pathak. I am going to be 20 years old this January. I was diagnosed with Keratoconus last year around November. My left eye was showing mild corneal bending. So anyway, I got the C3R done from AIIMS after the case in the left eye got a bit advance. Since this Keratoconus affects both the eyes so I began to see the differences in the right eye as well. Now I am really worried as I don't want the right eye to get worse. I am currently working at a place where I need to use computers for 8-9 hours a day. I know you'll suggest me to go for soft or GP lenses but because of the financial problems I can't really go for that. Just want a comment that should I stop using my phone and computers? Does it affect my eye in any way? What about drug abuse? What effect does Cannabis has on this particular condition? PLEASE GUIDE ME I'M REALLY WORRIED.
I am 31 year old male I am having problem that in my left eye part of white lid shows in red colour for the past 4 months. So what is the problem how can I clear this problem?
I am 43 years old .My right eye retina got damaged in 1996 without any specific injury. It has resulted in to squint in my vision. Can this problem be rectified. If yes, then how and also if there will be any post rectification issues? Adesh SrivastavaMob 9810598463Faridabad.
When I work outside under the sunlight today, on next day my eyes are look blur and it can't see in sun light and automatically my eyes are like heated. What is my problem? And what should I do? I have to work under sunlight. How to prevent or solve this problem?
My right side eye is getting red and its little paining actually. Is it a serious problem or not and what are the reasons of it.
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.