Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. SujayYour feedback matters!
2 days ago I see that round black spot inside cheek of mouth is it symptoms of cancer. Hear no pain no any problem I feel that but also I fee irritation and before 2 day I take a hookah. I am very very scare about it please please please help me what I do?
Gum disease is characterized by inflammation of the gums caused by the bacteria present in plaque (a colorless and sticky film on the teeth). This disease affects the soft tissue and the bones surrounding the teeth. The bacteria causes irritation in the gums leading to infection and bleeding, while brushing your teeth.
The symptoms of gum disease are bleeding gums, over sensitive gums, continuous bad breath, change in the normal placement of teeth etc.
Following are a number of reasons why gum diseases occur, some of them are:
- Prevailing diseases: Sometimes diseases, such as malignant tumors and AIDS can disrupt the immune system of the body. Due to the malfunctioning immune system, the gums become vulnerable to issues such as cavities.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption: Smoking and alcohol consumption cause problems in the gum tissue as the gums lose their ability to repair themselves effectively.
- Hormonal changes: Changes in behavior of the hormones in the body can increase sensitivity in the gums. This can make the gums prone to diseases.
- Not following proper dental hygiene: Not brushing and flossing on a regular basis can cause plaque accumulation in the teeth. The bacteria present in the plaque may cause gum diseases.
- Family history: If many people in the family have suffered from gum disorders, then your chances of getting gum diseases are relatively higher.
How can you prevent gum disease?
Gum diseases can be prevented by following proper dental hygiene. Brushing twice a day and flossing on a regular basis are the best methods of preventing gum diseases. Regular dental checkups are also recommended to identify any gum problems early and also prevent them. Modifications in lifestyle such as limiting smoking, eating a diet rich in antioxidants and reducing stress can also help in preventing gum diseases.
Severe cases of gum diseases may require surgery but mild cases can disappear by following a proper dental hygiene. Gum diseases have also been known to be associated with diabetes and heart diseases.