Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. SujathaYour feedback matters!
I am 28 years old. My gum bleeds a lot. I get mouth ulcers too. Is this because of the lack of calcium in me?
I have hypersalivation problem from two years. I feel irritated as my tongue feels rough. Please tell me some solution.
Hi. I am suffering from wisdom tooth pain from yesterday onwards can you please suggest a tablet or any powerful remedy thanks in advance.
There are two tablets for toothache - enzoflam and zintec suggested by doctor. My question is - I was supposed to take 1 tablet after meal and another one before meal and I have forgotten which one is to be taken when. Please answer my question as soon as possible.
Brushing your teeth by keeping the toothbrush at a 45 degree angle will prevent your gums from getting hurt
My 11 years daughter defined an apical root cyst noted in right maxilla. Doctors of AMC advised to do RCT of 4 teeth. Now i want to know if i take her to chennai apollo, approximately how many days it will be take for the treatment and approx. Cost for it.
i am 26 year old man iam addicted in smoke and gutka in a long time at list some 7.8year but that time i have some problems in my mouth there is changing the colour under side in my mouth and reduce the blood in my gums and my mouth sting and smelling what can i do dr give me hai suggestions.
My teeth got misaligned and gums started decaying because of chewing tobacco and smoking can I get white smile back?
He was getting pain in his cheek tooth. He consulted a dentist and dentist removed that cheek tooth. After removing he is getting some pain in the base of the cheek tooth and numbness in that side lower lip. Which doctor should be consulted?
A healthy set of teeth is essential for good living. However, teeth problems are widespread and you are susceptible to it at any age, at any time. Though there are medications available for tooth problems, sometimes extraction of the tooth remains the only plausible solution.
You may have to undergo tooth extraction for multiple reasons. Some of them are:
- Unaligned teeth: In case you are suffering from unaligned teeth, chances are that you may suffer from what in technical terms is known as "crowded mouth." In such a situation you have difficulty in eating as there is not enough room for the teeth in the mouth. Extraction of tooth, in this case, is the only way to rectify it and align the teeth in a better fashion.
- Infection: Sometimes if you suffer from a tooth infection, it tends to quickly spread to the pulp, affecting and damaging the blood vessels and different nerves. Though medications are available, if the intensity of the infection increases, extraction of tooth remains the only option.
Procedure: There are different steps that are involved in the extraction of teeth. They are:
- Local anesthesia: Like all other surgeries, administering a local anesthesia is the first step. If you are undergoing a tooth extraction, the dentist or the surgeon will inject anesthesia that will create numbness and soothe you of the ensuing pain.
- Cutting away gum and bone tissues: After the anesthesia, the dentist will proceed to extract the infected tooth. In order to do this, the doctor cuts away the gum and the tissues covering the tooth. After the root of the infected tooth has been exposed, the dentist would then with the help of forceps, sever it from the jaw.
After the surgery, you must observe certain precautions to expedite the recovery process. Some of them are:
- Take painkillers: After the tooth extraction, the possibility of suffering from an ensuing pain is incredibly high. Therefore, in most cases the dentist prescribes certain painkillers and you must take them regularly.
- Change the dressing: The operated area will be covered with bandages to preclude any infection. However, the dressing must be changed from time to time. If the same dressing remains for a long time, chances of an infection increase.
- Complete rest: After the extraction, you must take complete rest and not engage in any form of physical activity.
- Avoid certain foods: Just after the surgery, the operated area remains tender. Therefore, you must eat food that requires less effort to chew like soup, pudding, ice cream etc. You must also abstain from smoking and drinking for some time.