Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. SudhaYour feedback matters!
When I go down stairs my knee pains. But when I go up no. I am involved I alot o physical activities at work and so I need my legs strong what should I do?
I have severe stiff neck and shoulder pain. Postural problem, but it makes me giddy. Head rush too. Shown it to many doctors, no relief. Had myroil 8 mg, diclofenac and I exercise regularly. The pain has been there since September. Even physio didn't help.
I'm 38 years old and currently working as a sales person in Saudi Arabia. I drive a lot sometimes 400 kms or more for the last three years. Now I got pain in my right thigh, it may be coz my leg on the accelerator always and my thigh is hard pressed on seat. I don't know exactly what happened and which doctor to see.
The various movements of the body are enabled by the way the bones work with each other and allow for various movements. You cannot perform a single movement without the coordination of the various joints and bones. It is also for the same reason that joint pains are so common. Accidents, sports injuries, play area injuries, and general ageing are some of the causes that can result in joint pain. There are definitely ways to treat them, but at the same time, preventing them also can be helpful. Read on to know some of the ways to prevent and manage joint pains.
Precautionary measure: For children, ensure they are playing under the supervision of an adult and are wearing sufficient protective gear in the form of helmets, wrist/elbow guards, etc. The same goes for athletes who are prone to injuries. It is always prudent to know your physical limits and not stretch your body constantly. This will go a long way in reducing injuries. Always keep a first-aid kit in your sports bag so that you can manage the pain at the earliest.
If prevention does not work, and injuries do happen, some of the ways to manage them are outlined below.
- Cryotherapy/ice therapy: By reducing the blood flow to the affected joint, ice helps in reducing the pain and swelling, which are usually the prominent symptoms of any joint injury. Using an ice pack for 15 to 20 minutes every hour is greatly useful in reducing the pain. This can be continued for the next few days until the pain stops. Avoid ice burns by not applying ice directly on the skin; instead, wrap it in a towel or a soft cotton cloth.
- Oil massages: Natural oils can be used to massage the affected joints which also greatly reduce pain. Oils which contain menthol or give a topical soothing effect are highly recommended. If you are unable to do it at home, seek professional help for the same.
- Hydrotherapy: Warm baths with salts added for extra benefit can provide soothing relief from joint pains. Try these before going to bed to also get good sleep.
- Herbal mixes: Tea bags and other herbal mixes can also be used to relieve joint pains. These may work for some and may not work for others. As these are external applications, you can give it a try.
- Immobilise the area: The affected joint should be immobilised completely or partially, depending on the extent of damage.
- Physiotherapy: While initially the joint needs to be rested, getting into a physical exercise routine with inputs from a physiotherapist is very essential to avoid long-term immobility.
- Medications: Non-steroidal pain killers are another proven method to manage joint pains. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Sir, my father daily at nights he is suffering from severe leg pains thereby he cannot sleep upto 12.30 pm. He is having a gastric problem which makes him not to eat anything n indigestion. Please kindly help him out of this. Thanking you.
I' am 38 years old I' m suffering right leg swelling and vein pain my height is 5. 6 weight 88 what can I do ?
What is sciatica pain? Pain in my right leg and hips too much. Doctor of ortho told that this is sciatica pain and give medicines for 15 days but no result. Kindly advice what to do or some exercises related to.
I feeling pain in my left hand for 2 days in two or three months. The pain is unbearable. Do you know why its paining and what should I do for this?
Hello doctor I belong to guntur but I work in hyderabad. My mother is suffering with knee pain. I have consulted many doctors in guntur. They said it is because of decrease or loss of cartilage or connective tissue between bones join to the left leg. They said it is just a small problem and it will be cured easily with medicines. Each doctor gave some medicines but none of medicines gave good result in curing the pain. So I decided to consult a good doctor for a permanent solution but being time availability I want a quick solution with only one consultation. Please help me to rectify and to give good healthy life to mom. Thanks
The lower back or the lumbar area is the region that lies right below the rib cage. Pain in the lower back is usually a result of persistent muscle spasms that make it a chronic pain. While many people suffer from this kind of pain at some point at the other, there are few who actually take up exercise as a long-term solution to deal with the pain. A proper exercise schedule and regular yoga can actually strengthen your lower back and help it support the spinal cord in a better manner. Also, most orthopedic specialists recommend constant movement to alleviate the painful symptoms of lower back pain. Do go through this list of exercises to find one that suits you.
- Partial Crunches: This one requires you to lie down, prop your knees up with your feet firmly on the ground and your hands behind your head. Now bring your body partially up and stop shy of doing a full on sit up. This will help in relaxing the muscles in the lower back, to a great extent.
- Hamstring Stretches: Get on your back and prop up one knee. Take a towel and loop it under the ball of your other foot. Now lift and hold as you press your foot into the towel, to gradually relieve some of that stress as it plays on your lower back.
- Ankle and heels: The classic ankle pump involves lying flat on your back and stretching your feet before you begin to move your ankles in an up and down motion. Repeat it ten times for each set. You can combine this exercise with the heel slide where you have bend and straighten your knee ten times each, in the same position as you lie flat on your back.
- Wall Squats: While actual squats can be painful if you are suffering from lower back pain, you can take the support of a nearby wall for squats that will work the muscles in a more soothing manner and give you a good workout at the same time.
Touching your toes, running on the treadmill, sit-ups and other forms of intense exercise that make the back work too hard should be avoided if you are suffering from lower back pain.
I am a 79 year old man, with reasonable health. I practice yoga asanas on alternate days and walk in the morning on other days. From one year I feel I am loosing balance and I stoop forward unconciously while walking. My knees do not seem to be strong enough and wobble a little early in the morning. I dont have sugar or high b. P. From a few months I feel I get tired very quickly. Any remidy for this?
Sir I am 27 years unmarried boy, I have sugar in urine not in blood, my main problems are -urine frequently, early morning back pain, erection these are the problems I am facing from last 4 years. I smoke marijuana and taken over alcohol with this I did over masturbation nearly everyday 4 times, I did these things from this time period 2009 to 2013, 2013 onwards I stop every thing after I am facing these health problems back pain, sugar in urine, erection, is these problems with this marijuana.
Sciatica nerve is the longest nerve of our body, which starts from the spinal cord, passes through the lower back and into the lower leg. Sciatica is a symptom of pain in the sciatic nerve which occurs if it is being compressed by any mass, irritated or overgrowth along its course.
Patients with sciatica experience severe pain along their back as well as may suffer from additional symptoms including numbness and weakness, a feeling of tingling and pins and needles on the foot or toes. In severe cases, some people may also suffer from loss of bladder and bowel control.
One of the most common reasons is the pinching of the nerve due to a slipped disc in the lower back. Other conditions which cause sciatica are trauma to the spine, spondylolisthesis, spinal tumors and lumbar vertebral canal stenosis.
One of the easiest ways to prevent sciatica is by protecting your lower spine. You can follow these easy tips that can be really helpful in maintaining your health and remaining pain free.
- Exercising regularly: By exercising regularly, patients can strengthen their back and abdominal muscles and prevent damage to their vertebral column.
- Good posture: By maintaining a good posture while sitting and working in an ergonomically designed chair that properly supports your hips and back and does not compress the back of your thighs and knees while sitting is essential to maintain a healthy back.
Homeopathy offers natural medicines that can cure and reduce sciatica pain. One of the biggest advantages that homoeopathy offers for treating sciatica is that it can treat the disease effectively, by rectifying the compression or irritation on the sciatic nerve.
Homeopathy practitioners use Colocynth for treatment caused in right sided sciatica pain. Homeopathic medicine Gnaphlium is used to treat numbness associated with the paint, while Rhus tox is usually helpful in treating all sciatica symptoms and is the most preferred medicine by homeopathic practitioners.
Homeopathy also offers additional benefits as it not only helps in rectifying sciatica pain it also help in strengthening a patient’s constitution so that the disease is cured from its roots and there are no further recurrences. Homeopathic medicine is very fast and effective and is totally natural, free from any side effects. It is one of the most widely accepted forms of medicine which causes no side effects and can be taken easily by both men and women.