Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SubhashiniYour feedback matters!
While taking oral medicine for diabetes as prescribed by doctor, if there is change in vision, how long does it take the vision to stablise?
Hello want to ask about my teeth I used to brush daily with dabur red powder but ther is black kind of material is deposited at the junction of teeth and gum I brushed hard to remove that blackish type material but its not get removed till now and my teeth are also not so clean as they should please suggest me some medicine or tooth powder to cure this I will be grateful to you.
She had been suffering from wounds since 6 years which are oftenly formed in mouth. How should she stop those wounds. Could you please give her useful suggestions.
I have put up braces on my upper teeth last Friday. Since then apart from the pain I am experiencing a lot of ulcers in my gums especially in the gum line above of the upper teeth.
My teeth has been itching since someday and I don't know what to do because its paining more as I expect so pls do me a favour sir pls.
I am 18 year old man. My problem is something different my mother's Jaw is band in left side. What should I do?
What is the antibiotic for teeth gum swelling? My teeth gum starts swelling and I get severe pain in my teeth.
Cosmetic dentistry can help you have a straight aligned teeth in only 2-3 dental visits. The entire process is nearly painless and can be done in single visit for some minor corrections.
Cosmetic correction can be done for-
1) misaligned teeth
2) deformed or discolored teeth
3) decayed or broken teeth.
I have a cavity problem in my teeth and also smell very bad when someone gets close to me what should I do please suggest.
Hello doctor,my teeth are thrusting forward during sleep my tongue is not resting in proper place instead it is pushing my lower and upper teeth forward and i am worried about it im nt interested in braces.Is there any way to solve this problem?tongue thrust is biggest problem im facing
A generation ago, we would not see so many adolescents with braces as we do currently. Orthodontics, the branch of dentistry involved in the use of braces to align and move teeth to form that perfect arch, has seen rapid advancements in the past few decades and continues to grow at a rapid pace.
The fundamental principle is that the teeth is held in place by surrounding elastic tissues, and minor constant forces can be applied to align them better. Small metal brackets are applied on the teeth and a wire is passed through them so that there is a constant force on the teeth. The amount and direction of force is managed by the doctor. The younger the age, the more elastic the tissue is, the easier it is to move teeth.
There are two main things to understand in terms of your options, relation of age with orthodontic treatment and the choices of braces.
Firstly, correlation with age. Over the years, more people in their 20s and early 30s are choosing to have braces. Though the teeth and more importantly the surrounding periodontium become less elastic with age, the amount of force exerted is increased and therefore tooth movement is enabled. Also, in older patients, tooth removal may be required more frequently to make space for proper alignment.
Secondly, the choices of the braces:
- In the earlier days, bands were placed around the teeth and a wire was then connecting all these bands to enable tooth movement. Gradually, this made way to small brackets being placed on the front surface of the teeth, and a wire running through it and elastic bands connecting the bracket and the wire. This is the most effective way of moving teeth, though not esthetic. To make it look different, the ligatures could be colored.
- For people who are constantly in the public eye, the metal braces were a deterrent and so lingual braces became popular. The brackets are applied on the inner surface of the teeth and are not seen easily. The amount of force here varies from the earlier one, and not all conditions can be treated by this method.
- The next development was the development of ceramic braces, which are also applied to the front surface of the teeth and can be used in most cases. These are more expensive than the metallic braces.
- Removable aligners is another option, which are trays which need to be worn for close to 18 hours a day to induce tooth movement. This is esthetic and no metal shows during talking or smiling.
So, if you want to improve your smile, visit your dentist and find out how!
I have sensitivity problem in my tooth from past several days kindly help me 2nd prescribe some medicines.
I am suffering for the tooth pain for last few months and 2 front teeth are shaking very much and heavy pain. One time I met a doctor they told this is a gums problem both teeth are removed out and treatment for all teeth gums surgery after then you go for implant or bridge for front teeth but they are telling cost is above 50000. This much of amount is very huge. My question is is there any possibilities for negotiable for implant for 2 teeth my budget is below 20000. Reply ASAP Thanking you,
When a small cavity isn't treated in time, the tooth decays badly that normal filling cannot solve the problem. In such cases, your dentist will probably advise you to undergo, a root canal. When performing a root canal, the dentist will remove the nerves and pulp within the tooth, clean the inside of the tooth and seal it. After this procedure your tooth will not sense anything and should be pain free.
However, in some cases you may still experience pain after root canal and there are four main causes of this pain:
- Swelling of ligament around the tooth: One of the signs that you need a root canal is swelling of the gums. Even after the nerves and pulp within the tooth are removed, the ligaments around the infected tooth may still be swollen. This can take some time before the tissue is normal again. In most cases this is the cause for pain after a root canal procedure.
- Damaged tissue: Part of the root canal procedure is to clean the insides of the tooth. Here the dentist must be very careful to not go beyond the tooth. In some cases the file used to clean the tooth may go beyond the root and damage the tissue there. Another possibility is that the sealant used to fill the tooth may go beyond the root, thus aggravating the tissue. This can take some time to heal and may cause pain.
- Excess filling: After the tooth has been cleaned, the dentist fills the tooth with a sealant. If excessive sealant is filled in the tooth, it may become taller than the surrounding teeth, which puts extra pressure on the tooth and results in soreness and pain. The dentist will have to remove the excess sealant in order to resolve this issue.
- Phantom pain: Phantom pain is rare when it comes to root canal. This occurs when the nerve leading up to the tooth still behaves like it were connected to the tooth despite the nerve within the tooth being completely removed. The peripheral nerves will need to be treated to resolve this issue.
In most cases, these events cannot be prevented. There is also no reason to expect that this is a symptom of your root canal being a failure. Stay in touch with your dentist and brush and floss your teeth regularly. You will soon notice the pain subsiding.