Find numerous Neurosurgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Srinivas GiridharYour feedback matters!
Sir my question is that I am suffered from a disease which is like a headache since 10 year I has eaten so many medicine but does not get me relief .this is like a one side headache this is starts from upper side of my right ear and sometime it occurs on upper side of my left ear .and my temporal parts gets completely heavy. I can not explain that how long this pain occur. So this is my requested that please give me. The suggestion to avoid this problem .sir really I doest able to concentrate on my. Study .I does not remember any thing .
I won't be able to fall a sleep at night, do not know what's the reason behind that. Am I a migraine patient. I used to take a medicine (name amitone-10) which was prescribed by the Dr. Is it good? What should I do. To have a peaceful sleep! Please help me out!
Migraine headache is characterized by a severe headache usually affecting one side of the head. There are other symptoms along with headache like nausea/vomiting, sensitivity to light and sound. Some patients experience neurological phenomena like changes in vision, temporary loss of sensation and altered sensation, a phenomenon known as an aura (flashes of light, zigzag patterns, bright spots, tingling in the arms and the legs). Migraine headache can last for 2 to 3 days.
Symptoms: The symptoms depend on the stage of a migraine attack. The stages of a migraine attack can be:
- Prodrome, Aura, Headache or attack, and Postdrome.
- Prodorme: One to two days prior to the migraine attack, patient may experience;
- Mood swings.
- Cravings for food.
- Increased yawning.
- Stiff neck.
- Constipation and frequent thirst and urination.
In case of an aura (during or before a migraine), there may be visual, motor, speech, and sensory illusions and disturbances such as,
- Loss of vision.
- A strange sensation of needles pricking an arm or a leg.
- One side of the body becomes weak and numb.
- There are visual illusions such as the appearance of flashes of light, zigzag patterns, bright spots.
- There is a problem in hearing and speaking.
- In some cases, there may be a hemiplegic migraine (the limb becomes weak).
During a Migraine Attack (lasts for 4 to 72 hours), there may be
- A throbbing pain on either one or both sides of the head
- Blurred vision, light-headedness.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sensitivity to light and sound
- Sensitivity to touch and smell (though rare)
In Postdrome (after a migraine), there can be
- Mood swings.
- A person may be sensitive to light and sound.
- Dizziness and weakness
- Extreme fatigue
An amalgamation of environmental and genetic factors may be responsible for a migraine. Trigger varies for each patient:
- Stress and extreme physical exertion
- Alcohol and caffeinated drinks and beverages
- Salty and processed foods
- Altered sleeping habits
- Hormonal alterations in women (Constant fluctuation in the level of oestrogen)
- Oral contraceptives and certain vasodilators (nitroglycerin)
- Preservatives like MSG (monosodium glutamate) and Aspartame (sweetener)
- Sunshine, certain odours, travel, etc can trigger migraine.
Treatment and Prevention:
- Medicines under supervision to abort an attack of migraine and special drugs to stop attacks.
- Lifestyle changes are helpful to decrease attacks:
- Other treatment options that can be availed from pain specialist:
- Transcutaneous supraorbital nerve stimulation
- Intramuscular stimulation.
- Botulinum toxin injection.
- Occipital nerve block.
I am taking levipil 500 mg for seizure I got last week. I have been suffering from sinusitis for the past 3 months. Can I take homeopathy medication for my sinusitis while I undergo medication for the seizure?
My husband father having Parkinson's disease. Now I am pregnant ,it affect my baby? If possible to baby born with any neurological problems?
My father is suffering from paralysis in right side. Due to which he is unable to speak although all other body parts are working but weakness is there. There are some blood clots in brain. Around 3 yrs have passed hv tried so many hospitals and doctors. But speech problem is not solving please help me is there any surgery or else so he can recover little bit.
I am suffering from nerves problem all doctors are telling no treatment for nerves problem so pls give me some suggestion doctor.
Couple of days I am feeling like losing my balance Feeling like I may fell down legs shivering I am suffering from low bp it happens like wen some one rotates you.
I am 24 years old. I have migraine headache, I am using ciplar-40mg tablets on daily basis, but still I am suffering with headache with frequency of 2 days. Due to this problem I am getting angry on others. Kindly give some suggestion for my problem.
I am a 30 year old female. Unmarried . A school teacher . From last two years I m suffering from migraine. Day by day it is becoming severe. Atleast twice in a week I got attack of migraine. I am using vasograin and naxdom tablets. Bt it is not getting cured. Please suggest me.
My dad is parkinson patient and recently was in tube feeding and yesterday the tube was removed and he can eat from mouth while eating from mouth he should not cough else the food will go to his lungs to avoid this neurologist suggested us for a speech therapist is there any medicine or execersise to swallow his food without coughing please suggest.
Its been a month and my body heatsup from inside as if I have internal fever, and I start shivering. My head pains and eyeball starts feeling heavy with watery eyes. I showed to so many doctor but even after having medicine for a month, problem is still there. I get ok when I take medicine but comes back again. One doctor told me its allergic fiver. Other details: Stress due to ca final exam Age: 25 Sex: female Was having stone problem but get treated with medicine (before 6 months) Medicine I had: Bevon CD (1 tab after lunch) Topcid-40 (1 tab evening 7 pm before dinner) Allegra-M (1 tab at night after dinner) Please help as I am in much problem.
I always shake my legs when I am thinking, now even when I am typing this question I am losing my concentration and my shaking legs indicates me about that. Please help me to overcome this habit. I am tired of lack of concentration and restless legs, whenever I think or I am in stress I daydream or my mind wanders and my leg starts shaking, I even can't sleep due to my mind or restless legs. I am most of time in dreams or in other world.
I have migraine problem since 3 years. How can I get rid of it? Please reply soon. Waiting for your reply.
I am having pain in calf in leg from last 2 years and now from last 1 year I am having pain in my hand and lower back also and now the pain turn into burning and numbness. Done all diagnosis but all are ok and not able to find out the cause of pain.
My father suffering from brain stroke paralysis of left side (dt. 27.12. 2014). Leg some how working and he can walk but hand remain non- functional. He is complaining of pain when any movement of hand. He also can't put more pressure in the hand. He also develop a fear psychosis and got irritated and lose temper. What to do please anybody help me.
-does not responds to sound by making sounds, or by looking at the speaker.
- isn't using gestures, such as bye-bye & does not stops activity in response to'no.
- does not point to five body parts and has trouble imitating tow word sentences
- does not follow a serious two simple but related commands.
- about three quaters of the child's speech at 3 years and by 4 years old, a child should mostly be understood even by people who don't know the child.
If your answer is" yes, consult a speech language pathologist