Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SridharYour feedback matters!
Dear sir/madam, I have problem of gas and digestion since 1year. Please give me some idea to overcome with this problem. Thanks.
Sir I am having fistula since from last 3 days this happened first time in my life. I am worried about that this thing will actually curable or not please give me some advise to get rid of this problem naturally.
Age is 32. Suffering from gas in stomach. Potty is not always clear. It is almost paste type and smell is foul. Please help me in treatment.
I have diarrhea from last 4 days. Could you please help me to recover faster? I don't feel like eating anything. Don't even feel hungry. Please help.
I am suffering from gas problem and have pain in my stomach. I do regular walk but not get any relief from pain in stomach. Please help me and suggest something.
Hii. I am suffering from fissure. People say there is no permanent solution to it. So I would like to ask you whethr there is any permanent solution for it? if yes, could you please suggest me please. Thank you.
Iam 19 years old male suffering from headache and diarrhea with small amount of blood. From which health problem iam suffering? As time passes I will be okay or should I consult a doctor immediately. If not can I get a healthy food routine.? Thank you:)
I have suffering from anemia and I suffering from weight gain and I have suffering from blood pressure low problem what can I do? I can not sleep and I am also suffering from food poisoning also what can I do?
I had a sever gastric problem since last one year or so. I took several treatments with the advice of my gastroenterologist. There is no cure. Any permanent remedy for this?
Mere husband ki age 33 he unako chest me kabhi kabhi pain hota he left side. Pasina bhi bahot ata he unako thandi me bhi. Doctor Ke pas checkup kiya to unahone bola ki unko gas ki problem he. Isliye esa hota he. Lekin Dr. Uanko gas ki problem hoti to kyo chest me pain hota he?
How should I increase my height? My digestive system is not going well. I cannot digest food properly. What should I do?
I have the gastric and acidity problem asper doctors advice I take nexpro fast and actapro ,and I take it for more than one month, the problem of acidity & gastric not occurs but if I stop the nexpro again the problem of acidity and gastric problem come back what is to suggest. USG report is normal.
My Mother Is having migraine as well as improper digestion problem. What should I do so that she gets relief?
I am having acidity, stomach pain, heart pain since 1 and half month. It was partially cured by doctor. But I am having pin picking pain in left side of my stomach. Also had a dark red stool in latrine. I don't know what it is. Please help asap.
I am 34 years old l have suffering a gas problem. My STOOL is not clearly some time lose & tight. In my stomach have various sound after eating.
From last two months I get vry often stomach pain it feels like acidity but my stuuch pains too much I hvnt sleep prply I feel like burning in stomach so kindly please sggt me gud advice r proscription. Thnk you sir.
Colitis is characterized by an inflammation of the large intestine (colon). It is generally caused due to reduced blood supply, autoimmune reactions (wherein the immune system erroneously starts attacking the body’s healthy tissues) and infections in the large intestine.
Symptoms of colitis
1. Presence of blood traces in the stool.
2. Acute colitis can itself be a symptom of hemorrhoids (inflamed and swollen veins in the anus or the rectum)
3. Tenesmus (constant urge to empty the bowels) is also quite common
4. Occurrence of abdominal pain in regular intervals, thus resulting in diarrhea
5. Constant abdominal pain
6. Fever and sudden chills throughout the day
Types of colitis
1. Inflammatory bowel disease: This condition is characterized by inflammation of the intestines or all the parts of one’s digestive tract
2. Microscopic colitis: This involves inflammation of the large intestine (colon), resulting in a cramping sensation that can be painful
3. Chemical colitis: This condition is caused due to prolonged exposure to certain harsh chemicals which results in intestinal swelling and inflammation
4. Ischemic colitis: The most common form of colitis, this occurs mainly due to an insufficient blood supply to the large intestine
5. Infectious colitis: Caused due to certain bacterial or parasitic infections
Treatment for colitis
1. Medications such as acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be recommended to ease the pain
2. The drug ‘Loperamide’ can control the diarrhea. However, this should not be consumed if there is presence of blood in the stool
3. Colitis reduces your appetite. Thus, it is important to maintain a healthy diet in this regard. Avoid consuming dairy products or high fiber foods because they further inflame the large intestine.
4. Colectomy (surgically removing a part of the whole of the colon) is recommended in the most severe of cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.