Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sowmya SYour feedback matters!
I am loosing hairs very much. Have tried all the shampoos. But nothing is working . Can you tell me wat can I use.
Doctor can I eat Desi medicine t regular of periods because these all problem occurs due t irregular of periods. Is it good t eat? Desi medicine. Or tell me. Is it side defected. Or not.
Runny nose is a condition when one’s nostrils keep on discharging a fluid. This happens due to congestion and inflammation of the linings of nasal passages and sinuses and is caused mostly by a viral infection known as common cold. Allergy or Sinus infection lead to the swelling of inner linings of nose and sinus. Inflammation caused by virus increases seepage of fluid from the blood vessels into the lining of the nose and also into the nose. This leads to swelling up of nose lining resulting into blockage of air flow and a runny nose.
One can refer to some safe and natural home remedies for runny nose that can give relief from this very uncomfortable condition and help expel the fluid comfortably. If one is experiencing other symptoms like a fever, cough, and or sore throat in addition to runny nose, then visit doctor to treat the underlying cause. Try to determine the reason for a runny nose as the causes of runny noses dictate the potential cure. If it is due to allergies then one can take antihistamine and if is due to cold/sickness then take steam and use decongestants. If it dues to clogging then blow nose and try and clear the irritant. Most of the times, it can be due to sleep deprivation.
- One must clean out nose regularly by blowing it through when the nose is runny. If one is not able to get the irritant out of your nostrils, try nasal irrigation product.
- Gently massage nose and area between eyes and earlobes to ease sinus pressure to slow down the flow of a runny nose. Apply light pressure to each nostril, closing and opening them slowly followed by rubbing above eyes and on ear lobes.
- Use steam to ease discomfort by reducing the mucus produced by runny noses. One can take a hot shower or bath, turn on a humidifier, or lean over a bowl of hot water.
- Try medication and supplements to further manage symptoms. There are a variety of prescription and over the counter medication to help manage runny nose. Nasal sprays, containing olopatadine, vapour rubs and topical decongestants, Magnesium and zinc supplements can help open up cells and nasal passageway.
- Apply pressure down ten times on the corner of the nose very gently to keep one’s nose from getting worse. This pressure point can help alleviate sinus congestion and headaches that are due to colds and allergies. The nose should be almost closed each time pressure is applied to the area. The same procedure needs to be done on the area just above
- Use salt water to flush out the nasal passages, freeing up mucus. One can either use a syringe or other product designed for nasal irrigation. Soak a hand towel in hot water and place it on the face to alleviate sinus pressure and open up the nasal passages.
- A supplement of Magnesium 400mg oral pills can help blood vessels dilate and restore blood vessel responsiveness in the mucous producing glands. Oral Zinc supplements of 15mg benefits intracellular pathways that cause secretions like mucous.