Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sowmya PrakashYour feedback matters!
Hi Age 26, Day of cycle 10, follicular scan report is follicle left ovary size 2.6*2.5, ET: 1.2 cm and irregular endometrium. Is this report normal? Last month I have ovulated on 12 day, on which day I may ovulate this month. Is it possible to conceive this month.
Hi, In which side women sleep from 5th week till 1st trimester end, and if it harm for baby and mother if she sleep in the morning and not not in night,?
Diabetes is one of the most common problems that are caused by obesity, unhealthy and inactive lifestyle. It is a metabolic disorder in which the body is unable to store and use energy from food. Being physically inactive and eating unhealthy food are primary causes of diabetes. It is a long term condition, which causes high or unstable blood sugar levels in the body.
When a patient suffers from low blood sugar it is called Hypoglycemia and if the blood sugar levels are too high, it is called Hyperglycemia. Both are extremely harmful for a patient.
Type 1 and Type 2 and Gestational Diabetes:
In Type 1 diabetes, the body does not produce insulin. The condition has no known cure and is usually hereditary in nature. Approximately 10% of those suffering from diabetes have Type 1 diabetes. Patients with Type 1 diabetes have to take regular medication, including insulin injections as well as take care of their diet.
Type 2 diabetes happens when the body does not produce enough insulin for its proper functioning. 90% of all diabetic people suffer from Type 2 diabetes. It is usually caused by poor lifestyle choices, like physical inactivity and unhealthy food habits. The disease lasts a lifetime and is usually progressive in nature, but can be managed by taking regular medication, choosing an active lifestyle and maintaining proper body weight.
Diabetes during pregnancy is known as gestational diabetes. This has to be managed by taking medication or in extreme cases insulin shots. If undetected or untreated, gestational diabetes increases complications during childbirth, and causes unusual weight gain in the baby. However, gestational diabetes usually ends after the baby is born and women can go back to their normal lifestyle and eating habits post delivery.
Symptoms of Diabetes
- Frequent urination
- Extreme hunger or thirst
- Weight loss
- Problems with vision
- Tingling or numbness of the extremities.
- Unexplained fatigue
- Dry skin
- Cuts or sores that heal slowly
- High number of infections
Who is at greatest risk for developing diabetes?
- are 45 or over
- are overweight
- are habitually physically inactive
- have previously been identified as having IFG (impaired fasting glucose) or IGT (impaired glucose tolerance)
- have a family history of diabetes
- are members of certain ethnic groups (including Asian American, African American, Hispanic American, and Native American)
- have had gestational diabetes or have given birth to a child weighing more than 9 pounds
- have elevated blood pressure
- have an HDL cholesterol level (the good cholesterol) below 35 mg/dl and/or a triglyceride level above 250 mg/dl
- have polycystic ovary syndrome
- have a history of vascular disease
What is pre-diabetes?
Pre-diabetes is a condition of elevated blood glucose level that has not yet reached a diabetic level. Along with insulin resistance, pre-diabetes causes no symptoms. An individual may be pre-diabetic for years without knowing it. Pre-diabetes increases your risk of developing Type 2 diabetes and heart disease. Weight loss and exercise may halt the onset of diabetes from pre-diabetes by returning blood glucose levels to a normal range.
1- Eat less salt.
2- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet: increase intake of fruits, vegetables, potassium, and fiber
3- Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy weight
4- Manage your stress level: do something that helps you to relax when you feel stressed,
6- Limit alcohol intake: no more than two drinks per day.
My age is 25 years I have many lumps on my hands, thighs, stomach, and back. They are soft and huge in size and visible clearly. I showed to some general practioner they told me its nothing and have no medicine. But I think its lipoma. So can anyone please suggest me the best medicine or treatment for that. As I am planning to get married and searching for girls. Thanks and waiting for a reply.
I am 26 years old married female. We are planning for a baby. usually my cycle length is 33 days. On 33th day (jan 3) I had spotting. But after that no sign of bleeding at all. Happened before 4 days. I had done urine pregnancy test on dat day (jan 3).but it was negative. After that in the afternoon there was spotting. Now is there a chance that I might be pregnant?
Sir/mam Without sterilization kya mai lifetime safe sex kar sakti hu. Kabhi pregnancy nahi aaye mujhe. Koi aisa way hai except copper-t to bataiye detail me mujhe please.
Have a casual doubt. Does being thin or fat has any role in sex.? Why men prefer a slim women rather then fatty one.?
I have lumbar disc bulge n usually gets stomach ache during periods. I'm feeling more back ache during this time. Does the pain aggravates during the menstrual periods? If so what should I do to overcome the pain. Also we were planning for kids, but since I got lumber disc bulge, doctor suggested not to go for pregnancy at least for 3 months. How should I get rid of the back problem. Please suggest me.
I am 32 years od female, I have a hair loss problem wid my weight gain then I digaoins and found PCOS before three months back I starts medicine in homeopathy but did not found any results pls help me.
Sir/mam mujhe 11 may ko periods aye the. Maine apne boyfriend ke sath 22 may ko sex kiya tha aur uske baad mujhe 8 june aur ab 3 july ko periods aa gye hai apne time par. But bleeding pehle se kam ho rhi hai dono var. Ese ka kya karan hai? Kahi main preganant toh nhi hu? Please help me.
I am 42 and had a problem from 2 months not everyday but some days in between there is liquid and a bad smell in my vagina ,is there any medicine for that I washed it daily with c.
Indulging in the regular intercourse routine starts getting monotonous and might take a toll on your love life in a big way. Thus, it is absolutely necessary to add spice to your regular diet, it is also important to spice up your sex life by adding more variation.
Here are seven ways in which you can work up the spice levels in your sex life:
- Indulge in foreplay: Foreplay is like warming up before the real run. Adding more variations of foreplay to your sex routine will help spice it up. You could opt for oral sex and more fingering and caressing before the actual intercourse which will help in heightening your orgasm as well.
- Diverse sex positions: Instead of sticking to the same old missionary position, try and spice up your sex life by trying out more positions like doggie, 69,G-whiz etc. Exploring new positions add variation to your sex life and help in arousing the different stimulation points in your body for maximum pleasure.
- Don’t restrict yourself to the bed: Go beyond the bed and explore newer areas to have sex in such as the kitchen slab or in the shower. This change in location will add more thrill to your sex life.
- Talk dirty: Moan and talk dirty to your partner occasionally during sex. This will arouse them as well as you and make things more exciting. You could also address your partner as master/sir/mistress/ma’am during sex for an exciting role-play.
- Incorporate food into your sex routine: You could smear chocolate sauce or whipped cream all over your partner’s body and lick it off. This will add a fresh element to your foreplay. Also, invest in aphrodisiac foods such as chocolate, strawberries and bananas during sex.
- Feel sexy: You can only appear to be sexy when you feel sexy and confident internally. Pamper yourself with sexy lingerie and aromatherapy oils which will make you feel like a sex Goddess instantaneously.
- Invest in sex toys: With a huge range of sex toys available in the market, it would only make sense to invest in them in order to spice up your sex life. You could go for vibrators and penis rings for starters and if you and your partner are the experimental kind, the sky is your limit.
If you wish to discuss about any specific sexual problem, you can consult a specilized sexologist and ask a free question.