Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Sonali GuptaYour feedback matters!
Sir I am suffering from tinnitus from three years will you please tell me who it wll be cured and where should I contact.
Hi I am 24 years old female. I have sinus. 1 year back I got surgery but still am suffering from it. Heavy cold means running nose.
Constipation is when a person has difficulty passing stool or has very dry stool. With processed and refined food habits on the rise, constipation is also becoming a rampant problem. The food passes through the large intestine, where a large part of the water is reabsorbed and stool is formed. This is expelled from the body, and if there is constipation, this passage of stool can be difficult, painful, and may be accompanied by bleeding too.
Constipation is common in children as well as among the elderly. Children eat a lot more junk compared to adults. As age progresses, elders begin losing teeth and they chew less which leads to indigestion and thereby constipation. Treating constipation should be a conscious effort as it does not have a single remedy. A combination of dietary changes including all aspects like fiber, water, caffeine etc. can help in treating constipation effectively.
- As the first thing in the morning, drinking a glass of lukewarm water is good. Add some baking soda to this, if you are feeling bloated, it aids in cleansing the bowels.
- Ginger tea is another great remedy to induce bowel movements in the morning.
- A glass of warm milk with a little honey or sugar is a good remedy for constipation.
- Warm water or milk with Isabgol husk at bedtime helps bowel movements in the morning.
- Applying a few drops of lukewarm castor oil over the navel when going to sleep can help in easy passage of stools in the morning.
- Guava, pears, oranges, grapes, papaya, apples, and other fruits add roughage to the diet and help in easy passage of stools.
- Soak some raisins in hot water, cool it, crush and strain them. This is very effective for treating constipation in children.
- A glass of carrot juice or papaya juice is very useful in treating constipation.
- Drink about 8 to 10 glasses of water to avoid constipation. The artificial juices and canned drinks do not count in this, as they only make it worse.
- High-fat, processed foods, alcohol, and caffeine are major causes of constipation. So one should avoid them to a large extent.
- Including small amounts of olive oil, castor oil, and ghee help in lubrication and easy passage of the stools.
- Triphala, which is a popular Ayurvedic preparation, can be mixed with warm water and consumed to prevent constipation. Given its bitter taste, you can add a small amount of honey to it. It has antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-parasitic properties. This helps in overall cleansing of the colon and is not just a short-term remedy.
- Yogasanas like pavana muktasana, yoga mudra, dhanur asana, and vajrasana have major benefits on the digestive system, including releasing accumulated gas and passage of stools.
Following these tips and maintaining dietary and lifestyle discipline is very effective in providing long term remedy from constipation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.