Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Snehalatha Alapati
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Snehalatha AlapatiYour feedback matters!
My mother is vegetarian and she had loose weight in last 20 days. Approx 6 kg. She had been operated for ovarian dermoid cyst removal in nov. What can be the reason for losing weight so fast.
I am stopped taking sevista 60 mg on 11th aug. I am not having period. How long shall I have to wait. My pregnancy reports are all negative.
I am married. I want to pregnant my wife and I tried since last 2 months but she is not getting pregnant. What's the problem?
I am 27 years old and my wife 24 years, we are having sex for one years till now she is not conceive. What I want to do? please help me.
Getting to be intimate with someone is a great feeling as you can get to enjoy and explore each other’s bodies, mind and spirit. However it is also important that you avoid getting infected by sexually transmitted diseases. Although you are probably aware of how to protect yourself in general circumstances, you could be mistakes in the heat of the moment and fail or forget to use adequate protection. Always be safe, never sorry.
The following tips will help you stay safe, each time you have sex and should never be forgotten:
- Single partner and regular testing: The safest way to have sex is have a single partner and to ensure that neither of you have any form of STI (sexually transmitted infections). If you have been with multiple partners before then get yourself tested for STIs and STDs (sexually transmitted diseases).
- Bring your own condom (BYOC): Never rely on the partner to have dams, condoms or lube. It is highly recommended that you have your own supply and the expiration dates should be checked before usage.
- Contraception: In addition to condoms, other forms of contraceptives like cervical caps and contraceptive pills must be utilized to prevent unwanted pregnancy. One should also consider using female condoms.
- Lubrication: Even though friction during sex can help in elevating pleasure levels, it also increases the risks of infection. In order to prevent friction, try to use a lubricants during sex. Oil-based lube should not be used on a latex condom as it may cause breaks within. Water and Silicon based lubricants are better options
- Set personal boundaries: Having personal rules and boundaries around safe sex can be helpful in setting a standard for behaviour. Writing down what one personally approves of and doesn’t is helpful in setting proper boundaries around the concept of safe-sex. In case of a history of sexual abuse, it is important to contact a therapist or somebody close and opening up to them so they can initiate the process of recovering from it.
- Drink responsibly: It is important to consider the limit of alcohol and the people one chooses to drink with. It is also necessary to understand the concept of consent. You should not be or allowed to be pressurized into having sex.
It is important to understand the importance of safe sex and being able to speak up about sex without feeling any shame. Furthermore, it is important to understand your responsibilities in initiating safe sex and it is okay to find it difficult in the beginning. We have cultural stigmatization around sex and it is okay to be uncomfortable in the beginning, but it is equally important to develop the confidence to talk about sexual practices and safe-sex without guilt, shame or the fear of judgement.
Top reasons for irregular menses
? Significant amount of weight gain or loss,
? Eating disorders
? Hormonal imbalance
? IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome)
? PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome)
? Recent child birth
? TB (Tuberculosis)
Top home remedies for Irregular periods
You must be hearing about variety of complications related to menstrual problems in ladies with the age ranging from 14 years till 50. Irregular periods can be due to variety of reasons starting from hormonal disorder, food adulteration, life style changes or that of medications. If you are suffering from irregular periods, this will be ideally known as oligomenorrhea. Some girls and women gets periods irregularly after 2 months or 3 months that is very unusual and harmful for a woman?s body. According to the experts, normal healthy lady gets menstrual range within 21 to 35 days. It will be quite usual if women have 11 to 13 periods in a year. But, anything less than this can be abnormal. In order to stay away from irregular period, some home remedies will be effective.
Irregular or delayed periods, this health condition is medically termed as oligomenorrhea. It is one of the most common problems that a number of women suffer from. Pain or twinges in the breast and heaviness in the lower abdomen, bouts of nausea, lethargic feel round the clock are some of the main problems women face as a result of irregular menstruation. There can be a number of reasons that may cause periods delayed. However, the specific reason of irregular periods differs from one woman to the other.
Home Treatments for Irregular periods
banyan tree roots
Take the roots of a banyan tree. Make sure they are fresh. Boil it in a cup of water for about 10 minutes. Add 2-3 tbsp of cow?s milk to this decoction and have it at bedtime daily. This potion can also help you regularize your menstrual cycle to a great extent.
Fennel seeds or saunf can also help you regulate your monthly periods. In order to have them, you need to mix 2 tbsp of fennel seeds in 1 glass water and let it stay overnight. Strain the water using a muslin cloth or strainer and drink it. Make sure to have this potion daily for positive results.
Grapes are also considered useful for regularising irregular periods. Drinking grape-juice on daily basis can help you a great deal. Apart from that, you can also eat raw grapes and make it a part of your diet. This will help you in the long run. However, excessive consumption of grapes is not good. It can cause loose motions