Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Snehalatha AlapatiYour feedback matters!
I am 35 Years having two fibroids one in fungal region size 56cm and the other is interior wall of uterus can i get pregnant what are the treatment of be pregnant.
I take Ly one primolut N for my periods monthly I get gud flow but if I stop taking I'm not getting periods naturally I have pcos.
Chocolate biscuits, chocolate cup cakes are very favourite to me. Can I eat them in my pregnancy? Not eating daily.
Me and my girlfriend want to have sex .what kind of contraception we can use other than condom .problem is she is suffering with irregular periods so what kind of contraception is better other than condoms? I heard about vaginal pills how are they?
I got bleeding after had ipill within 7 day. Is it effective? Is the pill work? Is there any chance of pregnancy? please help.
Is mother of 1 child married husband stays away. I strongly feel asexual, even when the urge is there I tends to deviate do you think I need medical help? I have no partner and I do it feel like I need to have .
I'M facing a pain in my period time, please advice me which medicine I should take or any procedure to release my pain.
I'm a pcod patient. Now I'm in cramps (periods) but the bleeding is not upto the expectations. please suggest some drinks or food for which I can get more result in this.
Being away or oblivious to social media is synonymous to not following the herd. Social media probably is no more the latest fad; it is the given code to take a deeper look into the present age. The rewarding fact about social networking sites is their ability to transport us to people and places millions of miles away from us. This epoch with its dictates of overproduction and maximum utilization of labor, snatches away the boon of communication.
Some of the mental health problems that you may suffer from due to a social media addiction are discussed below:
- Peer Pressure- Social media use also creates the fear of missing out because you want to do what everyone else is doing. This evokes anxiety and will give rise to negative feelings and emotions, which again create mental health problems and stress and anxiety disorders
- Fatigue and Stress- When you are using social media, you are constantly switching from one task to another because there is just so much to do and see. This information abundance can tire out your brain, especially when it is received chaotically. Your brain needs time and room for absorbing the data and processing the information, but multitasking on social media makes your brain work overtime. This can prevent it from relaxing and it will become exhausted as it tries to deal with the barrage of information. Hence, the fatigue puts your mind under a lot of stress and you may not be able to concentrate on anything at all.
- Social Anxiety- Even though the whole point of social media is to allow people to stay connected with others, it doesn’t have the same satisfaction and element associated with actual human interaction, which is a crucial human need. In fact, in some ways, it is too distant and this is not a good thing for those who become dependent on social media as it can lead to social anxiety. Those who are already suffering from this problem will find it even more difficult to indulge in face-to-face interaction. Real human interaction can become extremely scary for people as it is becoming common to hide behind your computer screens and not go out at all.
- Distraction- Social media is just tailor-made for decreasing our productivity because you spend hours looking at everyone else’s life when you could be doing something else. This means that most of your time is spent on viewing photos, liking posts, and writing comments and these activities don’t really require the use of your intellectual abilities. They aren’t intellectual at all and distract you from activities that are such as reading, studying informational articles on the internet, etc. Your brain doesn’t get enough food for development and your intellectual abilities can decline in this way. Your brain will slow down and not be able to respond quickly in various situations.
- Insecurity- One of the major problems with social media is that posts typically present an idealized version of what’s going on in everyone’s life. Usually, what you see isn’t actually reality because everyone has their problems and issues. Nevertheless, you end up comparing your own life with that of others and think less of your own. If people in your newsfeed seem to be having a good time, it will make you envious and affect your mood negatively. Research has shown that widespread use of social media can demotivate people, make them aggressive and cause a decline in confidence.
So are you being adversely affected by social media? Here are some signs to look out for:
- Low self-esteem.
- Feeling low when you see other people's images and lifestyle.
- Envy of others people lives - wishing your life was like someone else's.
- Finding social media as your first and only choice of activity done for enjoyment.
- Not having as many face to face conversations with your relatives and friends and feeling disconnected.
- Being unable to do anything without feeling you need to share it online. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
I am 27 weeks pregnant for a mucoid discharge I am on progesteron 100mg bid,& devudilan 10mg/day from 10 days, now i am alright but suffering from sensitive and swollen gums from 2 days is it due to the effect of medicine? shall I continue them or stop? still 5 days course remaining.
Some common issues of women juggling with multiple roles are:
- Floating anxiety
- Stress of managing work
- Inability to prioritize work and a piling list of “things to do”
- Inability to fall asleep
- Constant complaint of fatigue and tiredness
- Lack of interest sex
- Extreme feelings of guilt
- Loss of self confidence
- Have realistic expectations from self: even god can’t keep everyone happy.
- Plan and be far sited: before taking up new role be sure and set expectations with your family.
- Seek help from family and spouse: it’s ok to ask your spouse to help. Don’t except that they will understand.
- Nurture independence: ensure you family gains independence including your child, which will reduce your work.
- Take in your plate as much you can: communicate to your family how much you will be able to do. Be assertive.
- Don’t be ashamed of few things that you are unable to do.
- Make your husband your best friend.
- Don’t be afraid to set your expectations from your family.