Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
My teeth is yellow please say some tips for my teeth white and bright and reason how to fresh my teeth.
I have mouthful of saliva in the morning as I wake up. This is pale, foul smelling. What should i do to cure?
We are not promoting any brand but when you go for buying a right paste for you which one would you choose. Always choose a paste with cream base and whitish in colour.For kids, opt for a flouride paste once they are above 6 years and upto the age of 13. For anyone with the problem of sensitivity please refer to a dentist to know about the cause of sensitivity rather than buy a anti-sensitive paste.
A good toothpaste should have triclosan.You can also choose herbal pastes with ingredients of neem etc.
I have cavities in my teeth and it is increasing gradually. What should I do? How can I remove cavities from my teeth?
Proper nutrition is necessary for healthy teeth and gums. Eating a well-balanced diet gives gum tissues and teeth the important nutrients and minerals needed to stay strong and resist infections. Soft, sticky foods tend to remain on the grooves and between teeth
As and sweets, limit their intake (especially between meals).
When you do snack, choose nutritious foods such as cheese and dry crackers, vegetables, natural yogurt or fresh fruit.Choose plain milk instead of flavoured milk.
Use fluoride toothpaste at least twice a day especially before you go to sleep at night.(but avoid using with boring water) -
Use floss to clean between your teeth.
I am facing tooth ache problem, I was not able to sleep whole night, could you please suggest me any particular medicine which can help in tooth ache.
I just had extracted my teeth braces which was on my teeth for about 8 months. My dentist gave me a plastic type transparent teeth frame But now a days I am feeling or seeing the gaps between my teeth again. Should I really worry about it. Help.
I extracted my tooth a couple of days back. The dentist primarily went for a root canal treatment a week ago and found it not worthwhile and extracted my tooth. During those 5 days I have been taking antibiotic tablets. Is it necessary to have more after extraction.
I have pain due to cavity in my left upper front and right lover front teeth. Before one month I approach dental hospital for treatment. They fix permanent cement in my lower front teeth. And plasto in upper left teeth is pending. But since 2-3 days I am having pain again in lower front teeth. What to do doctor. Should I go for private doctor treatment. Pls advise.
My teeth are small and in brush time blood are come I am facing this problem from 5 to 8 yrs before how can I solve this problem can you help me please thanks
I am 31 years old male and I have cavities in my teeth and also pains with teeth. Tell me what should I do?
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.