Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Sidharth ShankarYour feedback matters!
•In toothache rub black pepper (kali mirch) powder for 5-10 min twice a day.
•Gargle with decoction of black pepper (kali mirch) twice a day.
•Prepare a swab of nutmeg (jaiphal) oil / clove (launag) oil and keep it on the affected tooth for some time.
•Long pepper(piplamul, lindi pepper, piplamool) powder mixed with honey (shahad) should be kept in mouth.
Your smile holds great importance as it is one of the first things that a person will notice about you. A smile can leave a long lasting impression on people and is very important for self-esteem and confidence. Smile makeover is a process, which considers your facial appearance, tone of skin, color, width, length or shape of your teeth along with the gum tissues and lips in order to improve your smile. A smile makeover can be done according to your preference and choices.
Here are the areas on which a complete smile makeover concentrates and improves upon:
- Teeth Color: For a perfect smile make over, natural, composite restorations can be used to replace silver and amalgam dental fillings. Teeth whitening process can be undertaken to improve upon the color of the teeth, which are stained or dull. The color and shade of teeth are taken into consideration for several things such as crowns, bridges or dental implants. White, glossy teeth give a youthful, fresh smile. The whitening is done to such an extent that it complements your other features.
- Spacing and Alignment of Teeth: Teeth which overlap each other, have gaps in between or have a crooked appearance can be straightened, and the alignment can be modified by orthodontics or invisalign.
- Replacing Missing Teeth: Missing teeth affect your appearance and your smile by a great deal. The risk of tooth decay is also enhanced. For an ideal smile make over, missing teeth should be replaced with dentures, bridges or other modes of dental implants.
- Balancing Uneven Teeth: In case of uneven or chipped teeth with cracks on them, you can undergo cosmetic correction procedures to make your teeth appear balanced. In case you have a gummy smile, you can undergo recontouring procedures for improvement of your smile.
- Modifying Lips and Cheeks: An unshapely face with wrinkles makes your smile unpleasant. This can be corrected using several procedures, which include orthodontics and oral maxillofacial surgery. Correction of your lips and cheeks will improve your smile to a great extent.
- Tooth Length: Long teeth are responsible for a fresh, youthful smile. In case of short teeth, smile makeover techniques such as reshaping or lengthening of teeth can be undertaken. This will improve your smile. The proportion of your teeth can also be corrected to give you a perfect smile. The texture of the teeth can also be modified as a part of the smile makeover.
Treatments Used for Smile Makeover:
- A dentist can use an entire range of treatment to achieve your ideal smile makeover. These include:
- In-office, professional teeth whitening, Can brighten teeth up to 9 shades in a single visit
- Porcelain veneers, Thin, natural-looking, ceramic shells that mask imperfections such as cracks and chips
- Dental crowns, Tooth-shaped prosthetics that go over misshapen or worn teeth
- Invisalign, Clear, removable, custom aligners that gradually straighten minor alignment issues
- Dental bonding, Resin bonded to teeth that conceal cracks, gaps, and chips
- Gum contouring, Removing excess gum tissue to improve appearance and conformity of smile
A complete smile makeover allows you to correct and improve your smile, according to your preference. This process involves several cosmetic methodologies, the proper execution of which gives you an enhanced smile.
Hello doctor I had attacked a problem of mouth ulcer I wish to use Himalaya mouth ulcer gel it is good or bad.
Often regarded as less painful and much milder than more serious diseases like periodontal disease, Gingivitis involves the inflammation, redness, irritation and swelling of your gums. People who suffer from Gingivitis are normally unaware of it because of its mild nature, but it might turn out to be serious in some cases and can lead to periodontitis and tooth loss.
Signs and symptoms
Since Gingivitis is seldom harmful, people who suffer from it are, in most cases, hardly aware of having it. Nevertheless, here are a few signs and symptoms which may indicate that you have Gingivitis:
1. Tender, puffy gums
2. Gums easily bleed whenever you brush or floss your teeth
3. Swollen gums
4. Change in color from a healthy pink to a dusky red
5. Receding gums
6. Bad breath
Gingivitis is most commonly caused by bad oral hygiene and maintenance. Bad oral hygiene usually supports the formation of plaque and tartar. Because plaque forms and re-forms quickly, it requires daily removal. If you don't give your teeth the attention it needs, plaque can further result in the formation of tartar, which is a heavier and denser substance than plaque and acts as a protective barrier for bacteria. It is even more difficult to remove it and you may require dental cleaning.
The main aim of treatment is to reverse the symptoms of Gingivitis and to prevent further development of the disease into more serious dental issues and diseases.
Professional treatment of Gingivitis includes:
1. Initial evaluation and assessment
2. Thorough cleaning with the help of professional dental tools and instruments
3. Instructions on effective flossing and brushing techniques at home
4. Regular cleaning and professional checkups
5. Fixing of crowns and other dental restorations to help prevent the growth of plaque and tartar
If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.
I had my sister do a ct scan as she has grown an extra teeth in a region far from the last normal set of tooth. The ct scan report shows everything normal but there are 2 possibilities. 1. Dentigenous cyst or 2. Odontogenic kerato cyst. The doctor said operation is required which will need 3 days and full anesthesia has to be done. 1st day admit. 2nd day operation. 3rd day release. Please suggest what should I do?
Does mouth freshening pan masalas available in the market such as pearl. Rajnigandha. Which claim NO TOBACCO do any harm to our health. The answer should also take into consideration consumption routine of such stuff! thanks.
Hi, I am 35 yrs old and am suffering from sneezing and nasal discharge since last 10 years, I have got my allergic check up and according to report I have dust allergy. I have started immunotherapy treatment and currently using m3 oral drops, but I have problem in teeth, I have cavities and sensitivity due to which I feel that my eye lids are stuck to each other. And I cant tolerate bright lights like computer, sun, mobile etc. Whats the connection between teeth and eyes? or is it because of nasal discharge that my eyes are affected? please advice. Thanks
Sir I can not open my mouth properly due to chewing gutkha. Maine gutka chhod dia hai. Please advice me.
Whenever I eat chocolate, I will have pain in my teeth. Otherwise I don't have, while doing brush, everyday I will get blood.
My son has teeth coming out he had cold from few days but from yesterday he has fever and today he vomit 3 times is there something to worry about pls suggest.
As a parent it is essential that you condition your kids with healthy dental maintenance habits.
Baby teeth play an important role in helping your child bite and chew food, and speak clearly.
ORAL HYGIENE FOR YOUR TODDLER
A toddlers’ dental care regime includes wiping your child’s gums with an infant gum massager, clean damp gauze or a washcloth.
Once your child’s teeth come in, brush them twice a day using a soft bristled toothbrush with water.
Why it’s so important ?
Underneath your child’s baby teeth, the roots and position of the adult teeth are growing into place.Research shows that children who develop cavities in their baby teeth are more likely to develop cavities as an adult, so be sure to get your child to a dentist for a checkup. It is important to keep your child’s baby teeth clean, but once the permanent teeth start to come in you really need to make cleaning them a priority. These teeth will last your child a lifetime.
At some point, your child will want to brush his or her own teeth. It’s fine to give him a turn. But afterwards, you should always brush your child’s teeth a second time. Most children won’t be able to brush their teeth well on their own until they are about 6-8 years old. Use fluoride toothpaste only when your child is old enough NOT to swallow it.
While what your child eats is important for healthy teeth, how often a child eats is just as important. Cavities can develop when sugar-containing foods are allowed to stay in the mouth for a long time. Bacteria that live on the teeth feast on these bits of food. They create acid, which eats away at tooth enamel. Between meals or snacks, saliva washes away the acid. If your child is always eating, there may not be time for this acid to get washed away.
1st Dental Visit
New parents often ask, “When should my child first see a dentist?”
Your child should see a dentist by his or her first birthday.
Losing Baby Teeth
On average children begin to lose their baby teeth when they are about 6 or 7 years old. It doesn’t mean something is wrong with your child if they lose their teeth before or after this time.
Most children lose their teeth in the same order they came in.
For example, they lose their bottom center teeth first. When a child is about 6 years old their teeth will begin to come loose. Let your child wiggle the tooth until it falls out on its own. This will minimize the pain and bleeding associated with a lost tooth.
A word of caution -Remember!
Giving your child a bottle of sweetened liquid many times a day, or allowing your child to fall asleep with a bottle during naps, or at night, can be harmful to the child’s teeth.
Sing along the Smile Essentials Healthy Teeth Rhyme with your Kids!
Dab on some toothpaste on my colourful brush,
There is no hurry and I should not rush,
Slowly and steadily my teeth get clean,
As I brush all over and in between,
This may take a while,
But is very important for a great SMILE!
Many of the same treatment and evaluation options that adults have are also available to kids. These include x-rays,dental sealants, orthodontic treatment and more.
Let us at Smile Essentials guide you through this process. Call us at 9209200024 and book an appointment now!