Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Shylaja R.Your feedback matters!
Your smile holds great importance as it is one of the first things that a person will notice about you. A smile can leave a long lasting impression on people and is very important for self-esteem and confidence. Smile makeover is a process, which considers your facial appearance, tone of skin, color, width, length or shape of your teeth along with the gum tissues and lips in order to improve your smile. A smile makeover can be done according to your preference and choices.
Here are the areas on which a complete smile makeover concentrates and improves upon:
- Teeth Color: For a perfect smile make over, natural, composite restorations can be used to replace silver and amalgam dental fillings. Teeth whitening process can be undertaken to improve upon the color of the teeth, which are stained or dull. The color and shade of teeth are taken into consideration for several things such as crowns, bridges or dental implants. White, glossy teeth give a youthful, fresh smile. The whitening is done to such an extent that it complements your other features.
- Spacing and Alignment of Teeth: Teeth which overlap each other, have gaps in between or have a crooked appearance can be straightened, and the alignment can be modified by orthodontics or invisalign.
- Replacing Missing Teeth: Missing teeth affect your appearance and your smile by a great deal. The risk of tooth decay is also enhanced. For an ideal smile make over, missing teeth should be replaced with dentures, bridges or other modes of dental implants.
- Balancing Uneven Teeth: In case of uneven or chipped teeth with cracks on them, you can undergo cosmetic correction procedures to make your teeth appear balanced. In case you have a gummy smile, you can undergo recontouring procedures for improvement of your smile.
- Modifying Lips and Cheeks: An unshapely face with wrinkles makes your smile unpleasant. This can be corrected using several procedures, which include orthodontics and oral maxillofacial surgery. Correction of your lips and cheeks will improve your smile to a great extent.
- Tooth Length: Long teeth are responsible for a fresh, youthful smile. In case of short teeth, smile makeover techniques such as reshaping or lengthening of teeth can be undertaken. This will improve your smile. The proportion of your teeth can also be corrected to give you a perfect smile. The texture of the teeth can also be modified as a part of the smile makeover.
Treatments Used for Smile Makeover:
- A dentist can use an entire range of treatment to achieve your ideal smile makeover. These include:
- In-office, professional teeth whitening, Can brighten teeth up to 9 shades in a single visit
- Porcelain veneers, Thin, natural-looking, ceramic shells that mask imperfections such as cracks and chips
- Dental crowns, Tooth-shaped prosthetics that go over misshapen or worn teeth
- Invisalign, Clear, removable, custom aligners that gradually straighten minor alignment issues
- Dental bonding, Resin bonded to teeth that conceal cracks, gaps, and chips
- Gum contouring, Removing excess gum tissue to improve appearance and conformity of smile
A complete smile makeover allows you to correct and improve your smile, according to your preference. This process involves several cosmetic methodologies, the proper execution of which gives you an enhanced smile.
My teeth is so yellow and big gap between front two teeth it's looks vry ugly how to become my teeth beautiful.
My Incisors are yellow with a dark staining in the lower part of the upper central incisor, I got my teeth polished and it remained white for 1-2 weeks but again started yellowing and dark staining. I have a bad mouth odour, used stolin for Pyrrha and currently using Colgate plax mouthwash. How to get white teeth and also rid of bad odour. I have a habit of eating snacks and sleep around 2 AM.
I am 57 yrs old. My teeth is broken smal piece and the place is blank. But I get more pain three four days in a week. I am a by pass surgery person done on 01/03/2008. What should I do?please advice me.
My front teeth has broken. What should have I do for regain my tooth on shape. Please give me good information.
Which medicine or syrup should I prefer for the ulcers on tongue. Small red dots seen on the front side of the tongue.
My son is at age of 2 years & He is neither brushing his teeth nor allowing us to do brushing. We can able to see hos teeth got rusted too much. Suggest me a way ?
Is there any treatment for bad breath? becouse i consulted few dentist they said cant be done anything in this.
Sir/mam, I have problem in opening my mouth. There is bite rashes in my mouth I can't open my mouth totally. The colour of my turns to white from red. I have problem in eating food and spicy thing. I can't swallow thing easily. My main difficulty is to open my mouth. So please help me doctor. Suggest any suggestion. Help me out.
I filled deeper cavities in between 2 teeth. It is 100% sure that I will need root canal. If not then how can I prevent it?
Gud mrng sir. I had taken the rootcanal for one teeth.Past 4 months back. Nw it was getting sever pain .N am also taking the tab ketorol-dt for tooth aches.It geting relax for only 5 hrs n again pain staring.Plz get me a bettr suggestion n which tooth paste is best for not getting tooth aches.Thnq
I have a little pain in my front upper left tooth for 3 days today I noticed that is also moving a little bit. What should I do for it?
I have gingivitis I got scaling done and have been using gum paint for a month now but my gums still bleed.
Pyria is one of the cause of bad smelling. It may be due to irregular teeth placement in the oral cavity.
Visit you nearest orthodontist.