Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. ShwethaYour feedback matters!
I am having mild teeth pain since few days. And some time pain will not be there and some time it will be there.
Hi, i am 25 years old I have 2 childrens first one is 6 years 8 months and second is 1 year old. I am suffering from toothache I got xray but there is no cavity shown in the xray what should I do ?
I am 30 years old guy I want one question for my health my teeth is fully yellow mark also pain full please how to remove to yellow mark in my teeth?
Hi What is the dental standard for defense? in my case orthodontics treatment is going on, so 4 teeth already extracted ( premolar ). And two wisdom teeth having root canal treatment. I have heard 14 dental points. Am I still eligible?
Hi how to clean yellow tooth and make it white. I have a problem of yellow tooth I wash every day. But not clean.
I am having mouth ulcer I am not able to properly eat or talk. Mouth is full red and even small pimples
White patches on teeth are formed due to many reasons. There are many factors contributing to this. The appearance of the white patches is just like tiny white patches or spots randomly here and there on the teeth. They look odd and may give an impression of poor health and hygiene.
The causes of white patches on the teeth
White patches are formed on the teeth for the following common reasons:
- If the teeth are ill formed during development and more calcium is released than required during the development stages, then the excess calcium gets deposited on the teeth as the white patches. You may see them as spots which many be light in color or flashy white.
- Fluorosis is another common factor, which causes the white patches. This occurs in childhood. During the developing years, if the child's teeth get an excess supply of fluorides, then the white patches develop on the teeth.
- Mineral depletion is another cause for the white patches. This happens mostly for loss of calcium. If calcium is scarce, then the small white spots are developed on teeth, and the problem is referred to as hypocalcification.
- If you had been wearing braces for years, and didn't take care of teeth around the braces, then also white spots may develop when you take off the braces.
The various ways of treating the white spots
While the damage is done due to hypocalcification in developmental stages or due to excess fluorides in the developing years can't be reversed, but the appearance can definitely be taken care of. The management is done as follows:
- Tooth bleaching is an option. The bleach brings uniformity in the teeth color and therefore, conceals the discoloration.
- Air abrasion is another process where tiny crystal particles are blown towards the patches of calcium deposits, and this depletes the calcium. The removal of excess calcium brings a balance in teeth color.
- If there are dentures or gaps formed in the teeth after removal of calcium deposits, then a filling will be done to add to the portion to bring natural color balance and smoothness.
- Tooth capping and porcelain veneer can be added or crowned on tooth so that complete concealing is done of the white spots; this is done when in no other way the visible spots can be managed.
Prevention is better than cure and therefore, practicing dental hygiene and oral care is the best way to prevent the problem. Also a periodic dental checkup has to be done in every six months.
1. Brush and floss more frequently.
2. Scrape your tongue.
3. Avoid foods that sour your breath.
4. Kick the habit.
5. Rinse your mouth out.
6. Skip after-dinner mints and chew gum instead.
7. Keep your gums healthy.
8. Moisten your mouth.
9. See us if the problem still persists.
Sir mouth ulcer problem is very common for me please tell me the solution of this problem it is 2 year old problem.
I am 21 years old male in 2013 I took a treatment for dental for arranging my teeth in order and as they are looking forward and I have the treatment for 2 years and then doctor gave a cap to keep while sleeping and he suggested to keep it for 1 years for better result, but I am keeping it now also as I am getting pain if I am not keeping it for one day also, so what can I do shall I continue to keep the cap in the night time or anything like please?
The best time to remove wisdom teeth is between 16 and 19 years of age, before it’s a problem.