Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShobhaYour feedback matters!
Hyperdontia is a peculiar and quite rare dental problem which involves the growth of excess number of teeth. It can appear during birth and last till the primary teeth fall out to be replaced by the permanent set of teeth, or appear with the rise of the permanent teeth. If a person shows a tendency to grow more than 20 temporary teeth or more than 32 permanent teeth, he or she suffers from hyperdontia.
Where do the additional teeth occur?
The additional teeth or supernumerary teeth can appear anywhere inside the mouth or dental arch, but the most common ones are called wisdom teeth and they grow as anterior molars after a certain age. Extra teeth in new born infants are called natal teeth. Occurrence of more than 4-6 supernumerary teeth is rare, although there have been known cases of more than 30 supernumerary teeth.
Why does hyperdontia occur?
1. Hyperdontia often occurs in association with a few select disorders like cleidocranial dysplasia, Ehler - Danlos syndrome, Gardner syndrome, and cleft lip and palate.
2. Although the exact cause of hyperdontia has not yet been discovered, some studies have shown that it might be a result of over activity of dental lamina during the phase of tooth development in infancy.
3. It could also possibly be due to genetic or environmental factors.
What problems does it pose and how can hyperdontia be corrected?
1. The existence of extra teeth often causes problems in speaking.
2. It may also cause deformation in the mouth region, and impediments in a lot of other functional activities like eating.
3. In rare cases, the extra tooth/teeth may be agents of tumors or cysts.
4. Therefore, treatment must be swiftly undertaken so as to remove the extra teeth and prevent rise of further teeth in the same spot.
5. Sometimes, hyperdontia also leads to overcrowding and misshapen rows of teeth; this can also be corrected with extensive procedures.
I am 48 yr old. After I brush in the morning and eat biscuits. My teeth pain. I mean the inner teeth which we use to chew on both sides. This pain will not be there when I eat breakfast say at 9.30 am. Please suggest.
One of my lower tooth is shaking after taking a X-ray it is known that it is due to bone loss . Need to know the way forward
I ate sweets and coffy at last night then my teeth pain started. Many times I faced that problem. What I do?
I got a artificial teeth fixed and I don't why but may be I brushed hard , there started bleeding in the portion of the gum under it. What may be the reason ? Is it serious .
I have broken one tooth in the very front. So how to fill the gap. Which is the best way to fill that gap? Thanks
If you were recently informed that you need a root canal, chances are the minute you left your dentist’s clinic, you immediately began scouring the Internet for information on this well-known — but highly misunderstood — dental treatment.
The Internet can be a great place to gather helpful information, but it is also plagued by unreliable sources & dangerously inaccurate information that can lead unknowing online researchers astray.
The following are common myths & misinformation about root canals & tooth pain that are prevalent online. While finding out you are in need of a root canal can be frightening, the more you know about this tooth-saving procedure & what it can do for your toothache & oral health, the calmer & more confident you will feel when you return to the dentist’s chair.
Myth #1: You only need a root canal if you are experiencing tooth pain.
Sometimes teeth that have died no longer cause pain & need to have a root canal in order to avoid becoming infected. We have several tests that allow us to know when a tooth has died & needs to receive a root canal.
Myth #2: Root canal treatment is painful.
A root canal relieves tooth pain associated with progressive & destructive decay that has reached the root of a tooth & caused infection. With the use of cutting-edge dental technology, along with anesthetics & sedation dentistry, having a root canal feels similar to receiving a filling & can be just as painless.
Myth #3: Root canals cause illness.
It’s hard to miss this myth if you are searching for information on root canals online. This myth is based on poorly designed & long-since debunked research that took place almost an entire century .Not only are root canals safe & effective, they eliminate bacteria from the infected roots of teeth, improving both your oral health & your overall health.
Myth #4: The benefits of root canal treatments are temporary.
Root canal results are long-lasting. They relieve patients’ toothaches & preserve the affected tooth indefinitely. The final restoration or crown is the key to successful results. A well-made & well-fit crown combined with good at-home oral health practices & routine visits to the dentist can ensure that your tooth lasts a lifetime.
Myth #5: Tooth extraction is a good alternative to root canals.
An extraction is a traumatic procedure that actually allows more bad bacteria to be introduced into the bloodstream. There is no adequate replacement for a natural tooth. A root canal with a good restoration is not only cost effective, it allows you to keep your natural tooth. Bridges, implants, & other replacement alternatives require additional treatments, more time in the chair, & elevated cost.
Hi I'm 26 Years old? I'm smoking from 2years and from 10days I stopped it, but I have a doubt I'm having cancer as through because while I'm brushing my teeth I spilt with blood several times, what should I do to recover from this?
My friend is around 60 yrs old and has been diagnosed for diabetes mellitus and TB. He has reduced 12 kg of wt. He is taking treatment for both. Frequently there is dryness in his mouth and less saliva is produced which hampers uptake of food. What should he do?
Doctor I am so worried because my baby is six months plus. Recently I noticed her one lower molar teeth is coming. So want to ask you is their any problem.
Your teeth may be hurting your sex life without you even knowing it. A new preliminary study from Taiwan suggests there is a link between a deflated penis and poor dental hygiene. The study found that men with erectile dysfunction were 79% more likely to also have chronic periodontal disease (CPD).
If you aren?t familiar with CPD it is an infection of the gums. The gums pull away from the teeth, creating deep pockets that carry tons of bacteria, eventually spreading to the bone.
MUST READ: 5 Foods That Increase Sperm Count
The gum disease causes chronic inflammation which can ultimately damage the endothelial cells, which form the lining on all of the blood vessels, including those in the penis. Damaged endothelial cells can result in impartial blood flow, resulting in a not so satisfying night in the sack.
Urologist Larry Lipshultz, M.D. Said in Men?s Health, ?Because the blood vessels to the penis are about 25 percent the size of the ones to the coronaries, ED can often serve as an early warning sign for heart problems and vascular disease.?
Thankfully, if CPD is caught in its early stages, it can be addressed with a few deep cleanings from a dentist. Later discoveries may result in gum surgery, or even worse, tooth extraction. It?s very important that precautionary measures are taken ahead of time, by simply exercising good daily dental hygiene.
According to Sally J. Cram, consumer advisor for the American Dental Association, ?Most people who have the disease don?t feel pain until it is in the advanced stages so be sure to see your dentist if you experience red swollen gums, bleeding gums when brushing, bad breath, loose teeth, and receding gums.?
Regarding online consultation there are certain points which all should know and follow.
1) The description of the diseases should be complete in all respects, including any tests done and any medicines already taking. Just saying I have diabetes since 10 years and taking Metformin cannot help a discerning doctor a scientific advice.
2) Your place and name and mail id and phone number should be in the question. It is necessary at times to know where you stay to give a good advice. (For example if there the climate is warm or cold and many other factors)
3) It is necessary to keep in regular touch for some diseases like diabetes and hypertension. So make it a point to be in touch by asking private questions. And repeat the essential point of the previous question to give a continuing answer. All these are said with intention to give a scientifically correct answer and talk as if in a regular consultation about which I am very keen to.
4) For personalised attention and follow up ask privately and it is better to make online payment if you are asked to by the doctor. It involves his time and dedication to give you expert advice after studying your problem. Ask personally in case of doubts about any medical matter. Www.Lybrate.Com/drsajeev
If you are willing to accept me as your regular health care giver / doctor I can give you regular, prompt,
well studied and scientific answers for all your medical problems, which you ask me privately in this site. Sorry to say I will ask for a small payment for my efforts and intelligently studied answers. Regards. Www.Lybrate.Com/drsajeev
Ask privately. It is essential and useful to have a doctor answer your doubts online as it time spent in going to a clinic. Majority of diseases can be treated by online by consultation with an experienced doctor and does not need physical examination. You can use this site and ask me privately