Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. ShivashankarYour feedback matters!
There is a lump in my mouth in jaw joint which comes out 2 days ago and its pains when I touch my tongue to it and my mouth cheeks lips are swollen since last 2½ weeks. Let me clear I eat tobacco for 5-6 years but now I left but I was late and cheeks skin got thinner and in both cheeks lump type skin tissues built from very long time but I never experience any issue in my mouth except this one which I hv written in beginning. What is this sir please clear and my question is. If it is beginning of cancer can I survive?
Is that any connection between tooth infection and heart And If we remove the tooth in small age It will come again or not?
In the recent years, dental problems have been on a mercurial rise. Lack of proper knowledge and awareness (especially in the rural areas) makes the situation even worse. Dental problems can affect anyone, irrespective of their age and sex. Proper measures should be taken to deal with the problem effectively. People should be educated and made aware of the importance of practicing a good oral hygiene and dental care. In this regard, the Dental Public Health Education becomes very important.
As the name suggests, the dental public health work towards educating the people (in rural as well as urban areas) about oral and dental hygiene. It comes up with various campaigns, health camps and awareness programs (mostly government funded) to help people take care of their and their loved one's dental health. The aim of the dental public health work is to reach out to and, in the process, extend help to a wider mass.
In some of the campaigns, the dentists reach out to the children (in schools and colleges) and explain them the importance of a good dental health and the healthy dental practices they need to follow. Few of the initiatives and awareness programs have indeed been of great help to people.
The Dental Public health workers and specialists work on the competencies as directed by the Indian Dental Association, some of which are being mentioned below:
- Organizing and managing oral health campaigns and programs.
- Extensive research to deal with oral health problems of the public.
- Communicate with people regarding the various dental and oral health problems
- Measure the status of oral health through effective surveillance systems.
- Address individual (as well as population) oral health issues effectively.
- Promote and protect public oral health through public health regulations, policy, and legislation.
The Dental public health is thus, a non-clinical speciality, whereby trained and experienced workers works effortlessly to improve the oral health of communities rather than individuals. It is a broader term that touches upon the different aspects of dental and oral health (causes, symptoms, treatment, prevention, and precaution).
Advantages of the Dental Public Health Education:
The dental public health education and workforce are indeed a blessing that comes with a lot of oral health benefits:
- The dental public health (DPH) has helped create awareness, thereby lowering the incidences of tooth decay and plaque formation greatly.
- It has brought about a remarkable improvement in the overall health of the people.
- The DPH has successfully held campaigns and oral health camps in areas that have been left unattended and neglected for long.
- Campaigns organized in schools help children and their families to practice healthy oral hygiene.
- The action is at a community level so that maximum people can benefit from the programs and campaigns. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.