Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Shivanand M Muranal

General Physician, Bangalore

100 at clinic
Dr. Shivanand M Muranal General Physician, Bangalore
100 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

To provide my patients with the highest quality healthcare, I'm dedicated to the newest advancements and keep up-to-date with the latest health care technologies....more
To provide my patients with the highest quality healthcare, I'm dedicated to the newest advancements and keep up-to-date with the latest health care technologies.
More about Dr. Shivanand M Muranal
Dr. Shivanand M Muranal is a trusted General Physician in Bikkanahalli, Bangalore. He is currently associated with S V M Clinic in Bikkanahalli, Bangalore. You can book an instant appointment online with Dr. Shivanand M Muranal on

Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

S V M Clinic

#2, N G R Layout, Gousia Masjid Complex, Roopena AgraharaBangalore Get Directions
100 at clinic

Mahanth Speciality Hospital

#8, 17th Cross, Roopena Agrahara, Landmark: Near NGR LayoutBangalore Get Directions
100 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Shivanand M Muranal

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

Dear doctor, my left ear is having tinnitus type of sound occassionally since a couple of years. No pain and no secretions in the inner ear. Also no obstruction of wax. Intensity of sound is more after taking headbath. Audiotests are normal for my age. Iam 66 years old and diabetic also hypertensive. Suggest me suitable treatment. Thanks and regards, mallikarjun rao. R.

Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialist, Bangalore
Hi. Occasional tinnitus in an ear can occur without any reason and it should not be of concern unless it is continuous and trouble some.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What makes your nose bleed in the summer season?

ENT Specialist, Faridabad
What makes your nose bleed in the summer season?

Nosebleeds are a common occurrence, and may indicate a severe medical condition. The rupture of the blood vessels within the front and back of the nose can cause such bleeding. These blood vessels are very tender and, thus, bleed easily.

There are two kinds of nose bleeds: namely anterior and posterior nosebleeds.

An anterior nosebleed occurs when the blood vessels at the front of the nose break or rupture, giving rise to bleeding. A posterior nosebleed is when the rupture takes place in a deeper part of the nose. The latter is more dangerous because blood can flow down the back of the throat.

Some of the causes of nose bleeding are:

- Trauma to the face, such as a punch on the face
- Repeated bouts of nose picking or irritation can also cause nosebleed
- Although rare, inability of the blood to clot can also cause the nose to bleed
- High blood pressure can also be a contributing factor

According to some people, cold can cause your nose to bleed. This holds true to an extent. Among the many reasons that can cause the nosebleed, summers serve as one.

This is because:

- Summer months are dry and hot, both of which are bad for your nose. The protective coating of mucus present within the nasal cavity can get dry due to low humidity in the hot months. The loss of the mucus causes your nasal cavity to be prone to dryness, leading to subsequent bleeding.

- The heat also has another damaging effect, as summers tend to intensify allergy, and an allergic reaction can cause nosebleeds.

Washing your nose with cool water and avoiding being subjected to direct sunlight may help to prevent nosebleeds.


Related Tip: Why Nose Bleeding Can Be Serious?

3670 people found this helpful

I have diabetes problem from a long time is there any way that I can avoid regular medicine dose? Please tell me.

AUTLS, CCEDM, MD - Internal Medicine, MBBS
General Physician, Faridabad
why would u like to avoid medicines ?? ure fortunate that u live in an era when we have so much treatment options for diabetes treatment...take medicines regularly to avoid its complications...And follow these simple advices -Eat regular meals throughout the day at same time everyday. Avoid skipping meals. -Include high fibre foods at each meal i.e.Legumes (beans/lentils, nuts (almonds, walnut, eggs etc) – -Take fruit as a healthy snack i.e. Apples, pears, papaya, mausami, jamun, guava -Avoid: grapes, mango, bananas, jackfruit,cheeku . -Vegetables to be included in plenty-at least 2 servings per meal. Include foods like daliya, oats, -Reduce the fat intake, fried foods, cakes, pastries and foods containing palm oil and coconut oil. Reduce salt intake in the diet to 1 tsp or less per day.Limit intake of sugar and sugary foods like sweets. if so desire can take sugarfree as sugar substitute .
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I got married in the year Dec 2014, recently I got job, but I don't want child earlier. I'm using nirodhs. Is it healthier for us both? Why I'm asking is they are afraid about to use this at home (wife's side parents. So which is better way?

MBBS, MD Psychiatry, DNB Psychiatry
Psychiatrist, Nagpur
Nirodh or condoms are completely safe and effective for contraception. If you want you and your wife may consult a gynecologist and start oral contraceptive tablets for your wife to increase the efficacy of contraception.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

After intercourse. She is not sure about her pregnancy. So,use of i-pill is correct or not. Is there any side effect of i-pill?

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Sexologist, Faridabad
Pill side effects. Common side effects of oral contraceptives include: intermenstrual spotting, nausea, breast tenderness, headaches, weight gain, mood changes, missed periods, decreased libido, vaginal discharge and visual changes with contact lenses.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am having a severe headache and so that I was not able to sleep. What should you do? I already use some of medicine but it is not working anymore. Did any one have any solution for it?

General Physician, Nashik
Apply an ice pack to the painful area of your head. Try placing it on your forehead, temples, or the back of your neck. Take a warm bath or shower; take a nap; or take a walk. Ask someone to rub your neck and back, or treat yourself to a. Apply gentle, steady rotating pressure to the painful area of your head with your index finger and/or thumb. Maintainpressure for seven to 15 seconds, then release. Repeat as needed. Rest, sit, or lie quietly in a low-lit room. Close your eyes and try to release the tension in your back, neck, and shoulders.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello, My mother is suffering from Bell's palsy since 20th nov16, as she is diabetic Dr. did not have her prednisone steroid within 72 hours after the attack. Now it been 3moths over Dr. asked us to stop physiotherapy now but it's not cured. We have consulted couple of neurologist but they are saying nothing can be done now after 3 months. My mother become too upset and me too. Should I go anywhere outside of Kolkata for further treatment, can it be cured, can she smile again. Please help me with your valuable suggestion .Thanks.

Dentist, Thane
Best is she has been though physiotherapy how about she continuing her on daily basis, then blowing the baloon exercise ,blowing the same side of the face without baloon it will significantly improve over a period of time. It may not be 100 percent nrmal but will be close. Age is also one of the factors thats what I understand and experience. 2 warnings keep her away from TV, Stress, cold weather cover uself well these might aggrevate it.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What is the symptoms of tuberculosis it is harmful for body and what we take action behalf of symptoms.

DNB(Respiratory Diseases), MBBS
Pulmonologist, Jabalpur
Tuberculosis if not treated properly is not only harmful, but can also kill a person. It can also spread from an untreated patient to other, so also harmful for the society. Anyone who has cough with sputum production for at least 2 weeks is suspected to have tb and should undergo test for it. Other symptoms are fever, weight loss, night sweat and decreased appetite.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am affected by Sugar, and its level was found 248 after meal but next day taking medicine, and control diet, it was found only 127, I am in doubt, it is possible or not. How may possible to down so much in 24 hrs. By medicine?

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Bhopal
hello sugar level may flactuant on medicine, diet, metabolism of body bcz every hour our body demanding glucose levels up and down further consult
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a working Professional of 64 yrs age , having a perfectly normal health with no problem at all. My habits are very normal - no smoking, drinking or anything like that, mostly vegetarian , Just wanted to know to know the amount of Calories intake for a person of my age & diet plan ?

PGDD, RD, Bachelor of Home Science
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Mumbai
You can't base your health wholly on calories. Even if you got to know what are your calorie needs how do you intend to plan a diet chart for your self. My best advice to you is to become aware of your body, understanding it's needs, listen to your body and supply or fuel your body accordingly. Eat local, eat seasonal and in moderation.
6 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Plz sugest some homeopathic, ayurvedic or alopathic mdcn to increase penis girth nd straighting its shape.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Sexologist, Jodhpur
Do not worry about size as far as you get good erection and timngs. Women vagina initial 2 inches is sensitive so size aythg bigger than 2 inch is sufficient. Imprtant is good erection and timings. Consult for detailed discssion and solve your erection and timing issues.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I m 21 yrs old female. Now. Days I m not liking to eat anything wtevr it may b. I m feeling vomiting if I c something.

MBBS, MD - Internal Medicine
Internal Medicine Specialist, Faridabad
take tab. emeset 4 mg sos for vomiting. syp. aristozyme 10 ml thrice a day. eat fiber foods, avoid constipation.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi, I am 24 years old I had all test like HIV hsv vdrl hpv and many more, Mouth sore always, I quit smoking from last 4 months back, sexually active from last 5 years, kidney stones also got now taking treatment, what's the causes please help me.

Post-Graduate Certificate in Endodontics
Dentist, Cuttack
If you hav all your tests done and everything is negative. Then the two commonest reason should not be overlooked. Mouth ulcers can also be due to gastro disturbance. Please take care of your food intake. As you have mentioned, you have kidney stones now, I guess your food intake is not healthy. Change your food habit and inculcate lot of vitamin b complex in food. Sometimes dangerous diseases are given so importance that the minor reasons are missed. Take care.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Dr. I want to enlarge my penis length and thickness as well as erection time. Please suggest me a valuable therapy with no side effects. Regards.

Penis size cannot be increased, unless you have hormonal problems size of penis varies from person to person, like other physical features like height etc. On an average, it ranges from 3.5 inches to 5.5 inches on erection. If your penis is within this range on erection, then don't worry. If your penis is smaller then you can do hormone tests. In pornographic films they show big penis by injecting drugs etc. Which is harmful, so most people have wrong ideas about penis size.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

He told me about his sexual problem. He has small penis due to this his wife is not getting the pleasure. So can you tell me how can he increase his penis length?

MBBS (Gold Medalist, Hons), MS (Obst and Gynae- Gold Medalist), DNB (Obst and Gynae), Fellow- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (ACOG, USA), FIAOG
Gynaecologist, Kolkata
Penis size is something about which most of the men are obsessed as they don? t have proper idea about the size of their organs. But please remember, size hardly matters unless it is too small to perform intercourse. But when it is really small, application of oil/ drug shown in tv/ newspaper will not help, unless we can actually diagnose the cause of small penis and treat it. So, what you need is a proper check up by doctor in person to determine the cause of small size and then get it treated.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 44 year old male. I having sweating problem While working small small works like cleaning the furniture, Gardening etc I found my self wet b y sweat.

General Physician, Mumbai
It is normal for you to sweat while doing work and then also can take Tablet folvite 5mg once a day for six months and tablet vitamin D3 60000iu once a week for six months
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi Sir. My question is can I take auger instead of natural sugar? But I heard. That any sugar subtiutew is harmful for health. Pls advice. Thanks n regard.

General Physician, Ahmedabad
Yes artificial sweeteners are harmful due to chemical content. Can take occasionally and reduce amount of sugar.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from fever. How I get relaxed from fever. Please suggest a way to get relax?

Homeopath, Faridabad
Hello,First of all you should take rest for 1-2 days so that your body can fight with underlying infection with its full immunity and start the below medication:- Take gelesemium 200, twice daily . Take Eupatrium perf 200, 5 drops thrice daily.Take Antifebrinum 3x, 2 tabs , thrice daily. Take Alfavena malt, 1 tsf, thrice daily. Drink lots of water and take light homemade food like dalia and khichdi, avoid oily, spicy, fried, junk and cold drinks. In case of high uncontrollable fever, don't panic you should do cold sponging to lower down the temperature.If fever does not goes then go for a set of blood tests. Revert me with feedback. Take care of your health.GOOD DAY.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Im 21 years old. I have a lot of chest pain when im on a walk. I drink water regularly but still every time it happens, can you please tell me what to do?

General Physician, Cuttack
1. For your age pain chest could be due to anxiety, stress, depression, physical and mental strain, hyper acidity, muscular problem 2. Avoid stress and strain 3. Do regular exercise, reduce your weight if over weight. 4. Control your diet. Avoid oily/spicy/fried and junk food, high calorie and cholesterol rich diet. Take small frequent meals (5-6 meals/day instead of three heavy meals. If you have hyper acidity take one tablet of pan 40 in the morning before breakfast daily for few days 5. Do yoga, meditation, deep breathing exercise like pranayama etc. It will calm your mind, control your emotion and relieve stress. 6. Have sound sleep for 7-8 hours daily. 7. Avoid smoking, alcohol, excess tea/coffee, if you are having 8. Drink plenty of water and take rest 9. Takecrocin advance one tablet sos after food up to a maximum of three tablets per day at the time of chest pain 10. If you have recurrent attack of chest pain check your bp, take ecg, x ray chest and consult physician for advice and treatment.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed