Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Shiv ChaddaYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am 21 years old male. I have a problem that one of the upperparts of teeth is hole & fracture. Sir, please tell me what should I do?
There are symptoms of oral submucous fibrosis. Constant burning sensation in the mouth past 4months. What should I do?
Smoking is a phenomenon where the smoke emanated from a burning substance, usually tobacco, is inhaled. Smoking is a major cause for multiple diseases such as lung cancer, mouth cancer, blood pressure disorders etc.
Smoking tends to limit the capabilities of the immune system and this makes it easier for various diseases to affect the body. Smoking can lead to problems in the teeth where the gum tissues that attach the bone with the teeth are affected. This may cause the blood flow to the gums to be impaired and affect the functioning of the teeth.
The changes that the teeth undergo due to smoking are -
1. It may increase teeth sensitivity.
2. Smoking causes the teeth to be pulled away from the gums.
3. It can result in swollen and bleeding gums.
4. It may cause pain while chewing food.
5. Bone loss around the jawline occurs in smokers.
6. It can result in stained teeth and bad breath.
Disorders related to the teeth caused by smoking
There are various disorders of the teeth which are directly linked to smoking, they are -
- Mouth cancer - in this condition tumors are formed in the mouth
- It can cause plaque to accumulate in the teeth
- It may cause gum disease that can result in tooth loss
- It may interfere with healing period of any dental treatment
- It reduces the success rates of teeth implants
- Sweeteners present in the tobacco can also cause tooth decay
The effects of smoking on the tooth can be minimized by avoiding smoking altogether. Apart from that, following proper dental hygiene such regular brushing and flossing of the teeth will keep the teeth healthy. Avoiding smoking also reduces chances of lesion leukoplakia (white patches near teeth and gums).
Related Tip: 7 Dangerous Changes that Smoking Causes to Your SKIN
I am 22 years old male and im staying in rural areas and here fluoride water only get thats the reason my going yellow color please help me. And suggest me some tooth paste, and tablets.
Hi, I want to know how much it costs for mouth cleaning in Hyderabad. I have heard that teeth whitening may cause damage to teeth because of the enamel removal, is it true.
Im feeling a severe pain in my teeth and its been due to cavity and when I eat or sip something, I feel a pain and ive tried haldi and garlic so that it could control my pain but no use. So please could you recommend me a medicine or should I consult the doctor to remove my teeth.
Dear sir, from childhood my teeth is yelloish. Some say its natural others say that your teeth is infected. What is true about my teeths. And also suggest me suitable toothpaste.
Painful growth on right corner of the joint of jaw and throat Consulted ent specialist and he said it is submandibular gland. What ll be my further treatment and what is this submandibular gland.
Here are 5 reasons that cause bad breath and ways to overcome the same.
1) Unhealthy Teeth And Gums - Most of the bad breath and halitosis problems result due to unhealthy teeth and gums. Basically, people who don't take care of their dental hygiene are prone to the problem.
Solution - Clean your teeth and rinse your mouth properly to get rid of the annoying rotten egg stench.
2) Lack Of Hydration - If you are not drinking enough water, you can have bad breath. Saliva washes away smell causing bacteria. But not having enough water will lead to lesser saliva, which will lead to dead and rotting cells that will stink.
Solution - Drink atleast 8-10 glasses of water daily, at regular intervals.
3) Allergies - Nose and asthma related allergies are one of the leading causes of bad breath.
Solution - Make sure that you get rid of the allergies via proper care. Also, hydrate more when you have any allergy, like sinus problems or tonsil infection, it helps in clearing allergies out.
4) Eating the wrong stuff - Garlic, uncooked onion and too many spices can also lead to bad breath.
Solution - Use moderate spices and always rinse your mouth after each meal. Also, avoid foods that are high in sugar as they promote more bacteria.
5) Acid Reflux - If getting gaseous feeling in the pit of your stomach is a common problem for you, then you might have bad breath too. Heartburn, indigestion and acid reflux are common causes of bad breath.
Solution - Avoid foods that can cause a reflux and try light eating. It will take care of other health problems too.
If you have any questions on improving oral and dental hygiene, please click on 'Consult Privately.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.