Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shilpa Haresh
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpa HareshYour feedback matters!
My wife had a period on 23rd of Nov it was for 4 days so when can I have intercourse with my wife to get pregnant please give me advise.
I am 27 years old married woman and I am having itching and swelling around my vagina from past 3 days. What is this?
My period continues for 2 days with not very heavy flow. The 2nd day of my last period was 30th july. Now we want 2nd boy baby. So when should we need to intercourse to conceive and when the chances of boy baby is more?
I am suffering from PCOS and weight gain. To regulate period got suggestion to have one teaspoon sesame seed 15 days prior to periods date. But much confused that some are saying sesame seeds increases weight. Will sesame seeds really increases weight? Already i am obese, so I don't want to take chances. So please suggest whether sesame seeds gain weight or not?
My GF is facing irregular periods. Can she be pregnant? What are the reasons for irregular periods? Are they normal and usual? Please help.
I am getting married next month so wanted to know the better contraceptive options as my periods are irregular.
Eat fresh fruit, vegetables, whole wheat products and some pulses (high in purine) every day.
Enjoy low-fat milk and dairy products daily.
Keep an eye on the purine content of food. Avoid offal, shellfish and crustaceans and tinned fish such as sardines in oil.
Uric acid diet should be relatively high in carbohydrates, moderate in protein and low in fat. Complex carbohydrates like whole grain cereals, fruits and vegetables contain fiber that can help in proper digestion of the foods and assimilation of the nutrients.
Eat no more than 100 gm of meat, sausages, fish and poultry a day.
Say no to alcohol and sweetened cold drinks.
Fresh fruits like apples, bananas, oranges and lime are beneficial. Black cherries are considered to be beneficial in reducing uric acid levels.
Drink at least two liters of low-calorie fluids a day. Recommended fluids are water, tea and fruit juice.
Please note that normal uric acid levels in our body.
Men 3.5 to 7.0 mg/dl
Women 2.5 to 5.7 mg/dl
I am a newly married women, had intercourse first time with my husband without any cover, afterwards we are using proper protection, its been over one month now & I hvnt had periods till date, I am confused if this is a pregnancy sign or something else, need detailed explanation, shall I go for home pregnancy test through preganews or any likewise device, kindly help.
Iron is an essential nutrient and mineral that is required by adults and children alike. Iron helps move oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body and helps muscles store and use oxygen. It is especially important for children because it aids development and prevents anaemia. Untreated iron deficiency in children can cause physical and mental delays. It can lead to less healthy red blood cells in the child's blood stream which will cause a delay in the growth of physical and mental faculties.
Risk factors for iron deficiency in children
Infants and children at highest risk of iron deficiency include:
- Babies who are born prematurely or have a low birth weight
- Babies who drink cow's milk before age 1
- Breast-fed babies who aren't given complementary foods containing iron after age 6 months
- Babies who drink formula that isn't fortified with iron
- Children ages 1 to 5 who drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of cow's milk, goat's milk or soy milk a day
- Children who have certain health conditions, such as chronic infections or restricted diets
- Children ages 1 to 5 who have been exposed to lead
- Adolescent girls also are at higher risk of iron deficiency because their bodies lose iron during menstruation.
Symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia
The signs and symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia in children may include:
- Pale skin
- Fatigue or weakness
- Slow cognitive and social development
- Inflammation of the tongue
- Difficulty maintaining body temperature
- Increased likelihood of infections
- Unusual cravings for non-nutritive substances, such as ice, dirt or pure starch
Prevent iron deficiency in children
Take steps to prevent iron deficiency in your child by paying attention to his or her diet. For example:
- Breast-feed or use iron-fortified formula. Breast-feeding until your child is age 1 is recommended. If you don't breast-feed, use iron-fortified infant formula.
- Encourage a balanced diet. When you begin serving your baby solids, typically between ages 4 months and 6 months, feed him or her foods with added iron, such as iron-fortified baby cereal. For older children, good sources of iron include red meat, chicken, fish, beans and dark green leafy vegetables. Between ages 1 and 5, don't allow your child to drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of milk a day.
- Enhance absorption. Vitamin C helps promote the absorption of dietary iron. You can help your child absorb iron by offering foods rich in vitamin C, such as melon, strawberries, kiwi, broccoli, tomatoes and potatoes.
- Consider iron supplements. If your baby was born prematurely or with a low birth weight or you're breast-feeding a baby older than 4 months and he or she isn't eating two or more servings a day of iron-rich foods, talk to your child's doctor about oral iron supplements.
Make sure that you watch out for the tell tale signs of iron deficiency and take the necessary precautions to avoid the same. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!