Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shilpa Haresh
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpa HareshYour feedback matters!
Can we take tretin -iso 20 mg tablet with periods postpone tablet, is there any side effects to take both together.
I am 21 and I had sex without protection 2 months ago later I had ipill to prevent pregnancy so I got my periods last month on 17th whereas my period date was 28 and after one week of my periods brownish sticky discharge from vagina started and it's been more than 2 weeks now.
Menstrual cramps that occur during menstruation cycle can impair your regular activities. The menstrual cramps, also called dysmenorrhea, are caused by the uterine contractions. The intensity of the pain that a woman feels can be related to the woman’s prostaglandin glands. Those who are with elevated levels of prostaglandin suffer from intense than those with lesser levels.
Though the menstrual cramps are harmless, they do get unmanageable at times. Like dealing with any other pain, a relief becomes necessary. Several remedies and treatments are available to reduce menstrual cramps, and some of them are listed below.
- An Improved Diet: The easiest way that you can adopt to tackle menstrual cramps is to improve your diet. You must reduce consuming fats and turn to vegetables as your primary food. Low-fat diet always helps to decrease the overall inflammation in your body. Its effects on menstrual cramps have also been noticed. Thus, it is beneficial to stop consuming saturated unhealthy fats and start consuming unsaturated healthy fats.
- A Painkiller is Effective: The most popular remedy for pain has always been a painkiller. Though treating your menstrual cramps with pills is rare, but a safe painkiller with no steroids can seal the deal. However, as it with any medicine, consult your doctor before consuming any.
- Tea: Just plain tea or herbal teas can be helpful to reduce the menstrual cramps. Though the research on this particular relief method is extremely scarce, it is a traditional remedy and has been giving some refuge to women under cramps. Tea with cramp barks and tea with peppermint oil are a few of the most popular home remedies to manage the pain.
- Fish Oil and Vitamin B1: Fish oil supplements and vitamin B1 has been proved to be useful in treating menstruation cramps. A study published in September 2014 in Global Journal of Health Science showed that women who were consuming fish oil supplements or Vitamin B1 or both showed reduced effects on cramps than the women who didn’t take any. Moreover, consumption of fish oil supplements or vitamin B1 or both disappeared the cramps faster than usual.
- Essential Oil Massage: A study published in the Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Research in May 2012, showed that a massage with aromatic essential oil over the abdominal region, both upper and lower, helped to reduce the pain and the cramps. Take a few drops of the oil and massage frequently over the course of your period, and it will provide you with some relief.
- Hot Pad: Perhaps the most followed remedy to menstrual cramps is the hot pad. Curl up with a hot pad over your lower abdomen, and it is sure to give you relief. This is great for minor cramps.
Traditional and home remedies provide relief in most cases. However, if the pain is unbearable and occurs along with vomiting or other problems, visiting your gynecologist is advised.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!