Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shefali TyagiYour feedback matters!
Dr Shefali Tyagi is a wonderful doctor.She handled my wife's pregnancy and delivery very well.She is very straight forward,knowledgeable and approachable.She did not scare us with technical jargons.She is very polite and hears you very patiently. I used to go with a list of questions to her and she answered each and every query with warmth.Thank you Dr Shefali for everything.I would highly recommend her.
I am 27 yrs. Old I got married 6 months back. I got regular periods but this month it was late by 4 days and stays only for 2 days and very less flow. Now I am feeling heaviness, pressure and little pain in lower abdomen. Plzz. Help me out why this happens.
Dear Doctor. My Marriage is going to be on feb 2017 What precaution we can take for the first night And, What precaution we can take to birth control.
Hi doctor I am on krimson 35 tablets for pcod problem for the past 3 months and yest I had unprotected sex and I am in the middle of the krimson 35 course for this month. Should I take any other pill for avoiding pregnancy?
I am 24 years married female. Got married 19 April I am suffering from abdomen pain. From last two months .I had done my ultrasound urine culture urine routine n uriflowmetry also all are normal n I am having back pain a lot. Wat should I do I have taken so many painkillers also? Is that pcos?
Female Follicular study 11th day Em Ro Lo PoD 9m 19*20 - - 13 th day 10m collapse Hemoglobin 10 Sugar nill Prolactin 30.52 Gross pathology : scany scaripings soft n brown Microscope:section studies shows bloods clots with few endomaterial glands in LATE SECRETORY PHASE impredsion:no E/o sonographical abnormality AGE 27 MALE Total sperm count 70 Sluggish 30 Other 20 These are the reports please let me know what is the problem to conceive ?
Meri syster ko left overy cyst hai age 21 years unmarried hai Keya surgery karana zaruri hai? Surgery me ovrary safe rahega? Plse reply.
Plz tell .Can male viagra be used for female or not .Does any female viagra have .Plz say thr name of tablets .Female viagra tablets.
We have to go for a trip on 8 th of march & she had her periods on 9th of February & her cycle is of 30 days so she wants to take a pill so that her periods can occur a week before so that it would not be hectic while going on the trip so please recommend a pill which is safe for her.
Men diagnosed with the fertility related issues or infertility are more susceptible to type 2 diabetes according to recently published study.
The study recommends routine visits of such patients for check-up. The rates of infertility among men are rising due to changing lifestyle, dietary habits, stress and other physiological factors.
The scientists have been studying the associated factors for infertility. Now for the first time scientists have studied the effects of infertility on general ailments.
The scientists from stanford university, school of medicine conducted the study which showed that patients diagnosed with infertility have a greater risk of developing other conditions such as ischemic heart disease, type 2 diabetes compared to fertile men.
The scientists conducted retrospective study in which they assessed the medical records of over 1, 15, 000 men filed between 2001 and 2009.
The scientists scrutinized the men's medical visits before and after fertility testing to determine what health complications they developed in the years after fertility evaluations. They compared general health conditions of men with infertility diagnoses to men without the diagnoses and to men who underwent vasectomy.
The results of the study showed that the infertile men had higher rates of most diseases the researchers had shortlisted.
The scientists found that the infertile men had higher rates of diabetes even when the results were adjusted for the obesity. They found similar results for ischemic heart diseases.
The scientists have wished to expand their research to check physiological relationships between these conditions. Meanwhile, scientists have recommended that infertile men should regularly undergo health check-ups in order to prevent of onset of these conditions.
Hello sir, I having a sex with my gf on her 1st day of menstrual cycle and after that 6 days she having bleeding normally ,Sir now her legs get cramping and some uncomfortable she feel Sir I want to avoid all such things now. Pls suggest me that what are chances of getting pregnant on such a occasion and also tell me precautions pls. Ty.
Last period date: 10aug-15aug. Had unprotected sex on 27th aug. And had ipill (ecp) 6 hours after the intercourse for the first time in her life. After four days on 1st September she started bleeding. The pain and blood was just like her periods. Bleeding continued for 3 days and stopped on the fourth day. Yesterday i.e:18th September, she did a test with prega news pregnancy kit which came negative. My question is that every thing fine? Do we still have to worry about pregnancy. We are tensed. please help.
Hi.I just wished to know that as I went through an ultrasound scan and got to know that I ovulated on 16th and had unprotected sex those days. I was expecting my date nearby 24th and it's three days above. Even I get tired very easily and felt cramp like I do usually during periods but when I checked out there was a white discharge. I don't have symptoms like spotting or morning sickness. So I want to know am I pregnant or periods are going to come?
1) if the medicine worked for your neighbor: it may not work on you. Yes, it is not absolutely ok to take a medicine as it treated your neighbor or friend or a relative.
2) a disease or a defection need stages of medication: Any diseases should be treated on levels of medication depending on the severity. Using a medicine without understanding the condition of the disease will destroy your immune system.
3) side effects self medication can not only aggravate your illness but also lead to other complications.
4) names remain same but composition varies you may know what the medicine is but you do not know that the composition of the drug/medicine varies which if taken affects your system.
5) skin creams: a dangerous experiment beautifully projected commercial ads attract you and drive you to purchase and try it on until you realise after usage that your skin gets irritated with it. Beware without a proper understanding of how your skin is, you cannot use over the counter creams and try it on.
6) overdose not knowing how much and when to be taken, the medication can lead to over dosage disturbing your entire internal system.
7) medical store sellers: they are not doctors it is highly seen that medical store sellers are asked by patients for medicines. Remember that the medication given by such people lead to side effects as they least know about your medical history and physical condition.
How to increase hemoglobin in women body? Please help tell me the treatment in allopathic or ayurvedic?
Hello me 5 months 12 days se pregnant hu. 1 month se mujhe kamar me dard hota hai raat ko 11 or 12 baje ke baad. Din me koi problem nahi hai. To kya yeh normal hai ya koi problem ki nishaani.
What is the best time for getting pregnancy for a woman after her periods time n how many days after from start period that more chance for getting pregnant.
My periods date Is 17 and 18 regular month and when was egg was released tell please I want to pregnant.
Over-the -counter drugs are not for all even if the problem is common, as there are certain conditions which hinder the proper functioning of the medicine in a person. Thus, before popping a pill we should always consult a trained practitioner. Erectile Dysfunction and Premature Ejaculation are some of the health and sex related problems that can lead to the use of Viagra. This drug was released at the end of the 90s, and it seeks to help people who primarily suffer from occasional impotence and other related issues. These problems can be caused due to psychological problems like stress and anxiety, as well as other reasons including heart disease, diabetes and other such chronic ailments. Yet there are many instances where this drug does not work. Let us find out more about the causes for the same.
- Heart Conditions: To begin with, Viagra cannot be ingested by anyone and everyone. If you are a patient of any kind of cardiovascular diseases and have been prescribed drugs that contain nitrate, then Viagra is not for you. This drug can hinder the work of the medicine and cause some serious side effects, which may make your chronic ailment even more problematic and severe.
- Side Effects: Viagra tends to have a lot of side effects for people and does not work efficiently in such cases. One of the most prominent side effects includes prolonged and persistent headache, which can actually last days. Also, the patients may suffer from temporary colour blindness and may not be able to tell colours like yellow and orange apart.
- Narrow Blood Vessels: When a man gets an erection, the blood usually flows at a rapid rate into the penis so that the member increases in terms of size, thickness and length, with subtle changes in the colour as well. This happens through the blood vessels where the blood flows in from. These are known as in and out vessels. If these vessels happen to be too narrow for a patient, then the erection will not be able manifest. This is also one of the primary reasons why Viagra does not work for some people.
- Arteries: One of the other reasons why Viagra may not work is the arteries. If the arteries are too narrow and not strong enough, then they will not be able to support the flow of blood for the erection to happen. This can cause problems in achieving and maintaining an erection, in which case Viagra cannot work properly.
- Drug Intolerance: The primary work of Viagra is to help the blood vessels in relaxing. Yet, it is possible that the patient may develop some amount of intolerance towards the drug that will end up restricting its action.
There are many instances when a drug like Viagra may not work. In such cases, you can turn to long term therapy or ask your doctor about any alternative medication for the condition.
Symptoms of Menopause and its adverse effects and preventions
I am Dr Rita Bakshi. Chairman of National Infertility Centre, Gynecologist and obstetrician. Today I will talk about menopause.
The word itself means meno and pause means pause of menses. And that means stoppage of menstrual cycle of a woman. Now all of us women are in doubt with a certain quantity of eggs at beginning. At puberty we start our menses you know which is usually around 11-12 years. And this menses continues every month the cycle happens for three to five days every 28 to 35 days for everybody. It could be 28 days for some it could be 35 for the other. It could be 3 days for some and 5 days for other. So this is how the cycle happens every single month day in day out every month till we reach around age of 45 to 52 you know which is the usual age of menopause. That means the menses stop completely. Now the period before the menopause also called the perimenopause When your cycle start going a little long you know and there is a long period of gap with the cycles are about to stop. This is called the period of perimenopause.
Lot of changes one starts expecting at perimenopause. Now it is normal for women at this time to feel fatigued, to feel urinary symptoms. They do have you know pain during sex because of excessive dryness in vagina. You start losing your hair, losing your eyebrows and there are skin changes as the wrinkles and hot flushes. Hot flushes in something which many women have. Suddenly will get up at night. They are drenched in sweat. And even in winters their time to have the AC on. This what is hot flashes which happen? Some people have and some people don't have. You will have heard some of the people would just say that I just went into menopause I didn't even realize. There was not even a single change. While some women have very painful end to menses that means they have a huge heavy periods and they have all these symptoms and they have severe mood changes. One is so irritable one doesn't want to talk. And you are fighting you are frustrated. So all the things have to be taken in your stride. Because menopause is a very natural normal phenomena. And what do you do so, that your hormone estrogen is the one which is the problem. Because there are no eggs anymore so there is no estrogen that is why all these changes are happening.
One way is to have hormone replacement therapy. So if the symptoms are so strong that means hot flashing and this is really so disturbing then one can take hormones that is estrogen Progesterone replacement therapy or the HRT as it is called. Now if a person is on HRT one should keep getting investigated and see you know it doesn't cause cancer.
What are the things that should know in Menopause and after Menopause? In Menopause after Menopause male female nearly become equal. You know you are prone to heart disease Lipid profile changes So it is important when you are going into Menopause to get your lipid profile done to get your ECG done, to get your ultrasound done, to get your Pap smear done and get your mammo graphy done. All these tests should be done so that you know you are normal and there is nothing wrong in all that. Keep a good Lifestyle, must exercise. You know 40 minutes of exercise and especially weight bearing exercises are important. Be stress free, exercise, go out in the sun, enjoy your life, and if required take the help of hormones otherwise lot of tender loving care with lot of people around will just bite you through that period.
Dr. Rita Bakshi I am available either through lybrate or you can contact me at International Fertility Center H-6 Green Park, New Delhi-16. Thank you.