Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. ShashikalaYour feedback matters!
I am diabetic frm last 6months and im also very obese I hav joined gym im taking my diabetes medicines i. E glycomet gp1 2 times in morning b4 breakfast n before dinner im having healthy diet but after gyming I feel very very exhausted very tired my legs starts paining n I feel like sleeping.
Hi I am married just one month back and I think that my breast shape is very small. And I feel lump in my breast. I am really worried is that a sign of cancer. Also I want to increase my beast size .pls help me how do I do it?
Hi doctor I visited spa centre for body massage and had a body massage. At end she gave a hand job till I ejaculate. I worried of getting herpes and other STD through this. This happened 5 weeks before. Due to anxiety am getting mad because of fear. Am not sexually active and this happened only once. Because of fear I got test for herpes result is negative. Still am stress because of this. please help me doctor. Can get herpes or other STD through hand job. Nothing happened other than hand job. I didn't touch her. Waiting for your reply Thank you.
I am male age 27years, I have married last, tomorrow is that date for my wife's menstrual so can we have sex today? We do not need pregnancy, Will be there any chance of pregnancy?
Me and my girlfriend got intimated a month ago. We did almost everything apart from sex. I discharged over her vagina (not inside). Now it's almost above 45 days but she didn't had periods. Is it a matter of worry? What should I do? Is there any chances of her getting pregnant?
I am 23 year old male last three night I do sex put the sperm into the vagina Can you suggest if my wife get pregnant what I do because I am not able to accept the child.
I hav my last periods on 3 march. Nd on 10 th march I had sex with my husband i. E, on 8 th day of my periods. I also taken ipill within 2-3 hrs. Nd I also experience bleeding of 3 days from 16-18 march. I after 5-6 days of. Taking ipill. After that my periods not. Came yet. Today is 5 may. please help. What is this. I m. Vry tnsd.
My periods date was 28th of April and still periods doesn't happen. I had sex on 15th of April. Is there any condition of pregnancy. If there then me how to get rid of it.
My 27 years old daughter is underweight Her height is 5'3" and weight is 33 kg. All her tests are normal. Please advise how to increase her weight?
I've my last period on28 march n still it doesn't come i've done pregnancy test on 5 may its negative way can I do.
Do unwanted 72 pill has any serious side effect over body and do this pill will cause any problems in. Future pregnancy?
Dyspareunia is a phenomenon noticed in both males and females, but more frequently in females. It refers to recurring pain during or after sexual intercourse. Such kind of pain affects female genitalia usually the vagina, clitoris, or at times the depths of the pelvis. This pain is often accompanied by a burning, itching or throbbing sensation which can prove to be extremely discomforting if left unattended. Thankfully, a careful examination of symptoms leading to Dyspareunia and its early diagnosis can improve a person's sexual health.
Indicators of this deep rooted problem
- Pain can occur during penetration in and around the vagina, urethra or the bladder.
- Pain can be a new occurrence after earlier instances of painless intercourse.
- It can be felt throughout intercourse in places, such as deep in the pelvis or even after intercourse.
- The intensity of the ache is sometimes sharp and at other times, it is as piercing as menstrual cramps.
- It need not necessarily be associated with intercourse; pain can be experienced during any kind of penetration. Thus, using a tampon or a moon cup can also result in soreness.
- Skin diseases can either be a symptom or a root cause leading to the problem. Skin problems, such as Psoriasis or Lichen Sclerosus should not be taken lightly.
- Tightening of vaginal muscles at the beginning of intercourse may or may not be superficial pain. In most cases, it is identified as Vaginismus but it can also be a symptom of acute Dyspareunia.
Ways to nip the pain in the bud
- While, usually, pain during sexual intercourse is a result of adolescence or a traumatic sexual history, it can also be the result of a physiological problem contracted at birth. However, treatment in any situation is necessary to enable smooth functioning of one's life.
- Injectable corticosteroids might prove to be helpful.
- There are oral medications to remedy the problem; antibiotics and antifungal medicines.
- Increase in estrogen levels through the use of the drug Osphena helps in curing frailty of vaginal tissues.
Precautionary measures to be followed at home
- Taking a warm bath before intercourse can lead to betterment.
- It is best to avoid sex when in stress. Both partners should be relaxed to ensure a complete lack of pain.
- After sex pain can be relieved by applying an ice pack around the vulva.
- Urinating before sex can be helpful. It is also good to use water soluble lubricants for stimulation.