Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. ShashidharYour feedback matters!
I am using Urimax 0.4 mg for benign enlargement of prostate. Is there any natural alternative to that?
I am 56 years old male and I have been suffering from urinary tract infection since 1989 (at the age of thirty years) with symptoms burn and pain in urine discharge fever and excessive vomiting. Presently I am 56 year old. Since then this problem repeats itself after three / two / one year or six months. Presently my prostate gland is enlarged by grade 2. Earlier in 2004 ultrasound R.G.U, I.V.P and endoscopy was done and reports were normal. I want to know. -- reason of this repeated U.T.I problem when i've already been medicines like VELTAM 0.4 since 2012 , -- Whether the operation of prostate gland can be permanent relief of U.T.I as this problem is being repeated from an early age and being repeated very often now.
1. Prevents cancer: as a magnificent source of vitamin c and different cell reinforcements, tomatoes can battle the development of abnormal cells that causes cancer. Lycopene has been connected with prostate tumour prevention. Epidemiologists recommend the consumption of tomato as it helps lower the possibility of prostate cancer. High fibre content of beta-carotene in fruits and vegetables has been proven to bring down the risk of colorectal cancer to a great extent.
2. Blood pressure: low sodium consumption keeps circulatory strain solid. Tomatoes are rich in potassium that helps in the same.
3. Heart's well-being: the fibre, potassium, vitamin c and choline content in tomatoes all bolster the heart's well-being. An expansion in potassium as well as a reduction in sodium is the most essential dietary change that an individual can make to lessen their danger of cardiovascular diseases. Tomatoes additionally contain folic corrosive, which keeps the homocysteine levels under control. It reduces the risk of heart diseases.
4. Diabetes: tomatoes help bring down the blood sugar level in people with type1 diabetes. Whereas, people with type 2 diabetes may have enhanced glucose, lipids and insulin levels. One measure of cherry tomatoes gives around 2 grams of fibre and helps them keep their levels neutralized.
5. Constipation: eating foods that are high in water substance and fibre like tomatoes can help with hydration and advance normal solid discharges. Fibre adds mass to stool and is important for bowel movement.
6. Eye health: tomatoes are a rich sources of lycopene, lutein and beta-carotene, which are intense cancer prevention agents. They have been helpful in protecting the eyes against harm related to the advancement of age-related macular degeneration.
7. Skin: collagen, a fundamental part of the skin, hair, nails and connective tissue, is dependent on vitamin c. An inadequacy of vitamin c leads to certain skin problems. As vitamin c is a capable cancer prevention agent, a low intake can affect the skin and cause harm from uv rays, infections and smoke. This usually results in wrinkles, hanging skin, blemishes and other antagonistic skin diseases.
8. Pregnancy: a good amount of folic acid needs to be present before and during pregnancy to ensure the infants good health inside the mother's womb. This can be found in tomatoes.
I am 62 Years old. During health check up and through scan Doctor found out that I have prostrate enlargement. I am taking typlin C.
I am 50 yrs - my father recently succumbed to prostate cancer. What is your advice to prevent prostate enlargement.
I found a small breast lump near my nipple area. What should I do now? I also have PCOS. Please advise.
Hello. I want to know that .Is epithelial hyperplasia of oesophagus with mild dysplasia very harmful. It's treatment is possible or not. And what are the success rate of it. please help me.
I was having mouth cancer. 16 teeth took from me. Some portion of my teeth were there in my mouth. It's painful. When I went to a dentist to close it. The doctor told me no need of any closing. But it's very painful. Can't able to talk properly. Root canal is required. This is what doctor said. For that a medical certificate is needed. While having spicy food my gum is getting so worse. But when using ointment it gets cured. Is there any problem in doing root canal.. Will it affect me in any different ways. Please advice.
I am 51 year old male. Is there any general test for cancer. In my family history mother had cancer. I am over weight, 80 kg, height 5.7.
Sir Tell treatment of blood cancer. Any possibility to facing final stage person to come real life. Any hope.
What are the major causes of blood cancers in children's who are less than 18 years of age & they haven't done any smoking or alcohol?
The uterus is a very important organ within the human reproductive system as this is the chamber where an embryo grows into a baby. Due to a multitude of factors, the incidence of uterine cancer has been on the rise. Let's look at some of its symptoms.
Symptoms of uterine cancer: When cells within the uterus grow abnormally and turn malignant, it may be termed as uterine cancer. This may be in the form of a fibroid or tumor or be part of the uterine tissue itself. It may be caused due to a multitude of factors such as late menopause, radiation exposure, estrogen treatments and many others. Some of the common symptoms for uterine cancer could be:
- Pain in the abdomen, lower back and especially the pelvic area.
- Pain during urination,
- Weight loss without any apparent reason
- Vaginal bleeding with or without discharge
- Pain during sex
Stages of uterine cancer: Before we understand the stages of uterine cancer you need to know how doctors diagnose the various stages. This is done by the three following steps in the TNM method:
- Tumor: Doctors try and search for tumors and locate them within the uterus, estimate its size and whether it is malignant or not.
- Node: If the tumor is malignant, then doctors try to find out whether the tumor has reached the lymph nodes or not.
- Metastasis: Doctors look for Metastasis, which is whether the cancer has spread to other organs within the body and to what extent.
Stages of cancer: Cancer is primarily grouped in five stages from 0 to V according to the T, N and M stages mentioned below.
- Stage 0 - This is a very early stage of cancer where the cells have malignant growth but are still small in number and haven't spread anywhere.
- Stage I - If the cancer has developed a little, but is restricted within the uterus, it is considered as stage one. This is also further divided into Stage 1A and 1B.
- Stage II - When the cancer has started spreading, but only to some parts of the cervix from the uterus, it is diagnosed as stage 2 uterine cancer.
- Stage III - Categorized into Stage IIIA, Stage IIIB, Stage IIIC1 and Stage IIIC2, it is primarily where the cancer has spread to other organs, but it is only limited to the pelvic area.
- Stage IV A - When the cancer has gone beyond the pelvic area and also spread to the rectum and bladder area.
- Stage IV B - This is where the cancer has metastasized in the groin area or gone to other organs within the body as well.
Is cancer curable? Why does it occur? What are the signs and symptoms? Who are at risk of getting cancer?
I am 26 years female married for 1 and half years. 8 years back when I was 17yr old I had undergone chemotherapy for gem cell tumour and my left ovary is removed surgically. I had given 6 cycle of chemotherapy totally. 4 cycle before the operation and 2cycle after the operation. Chemotherapy is given as an a injection. Which is a combination of cisplatin (30mg each day in a cycle of 5 days) and etosid (150mg each day in cycle of 5 days). I would like to know what is my chance for being pregnant? does this chemo which I undergone can cause infertility.
I was a Prostate Cancer Patient stage 4, metastatized to Lymph Nodes and PSA 560. I underwent Orchidectomy Surgery and PSA steadily came down to 8 in 3 Months, 3 in 6 months, 2. in 9 months and 1.2 in ONE YEAR. Am I Cancer FREE or Cancer Cured or Cancer Controlled? What Further should I do to Prevent it from Recurrence?
Fibroadenomas are benign non carcinogenic tumors that occur in the breasts of women. Although the condition may affect females of any age; spanning from pubescent girls to middle aged ladies, yet it is most commonly diagnosed in young women below 30 years of age. Fibroadenomas can be described as a stiff, smooth, supple marble under the skin of your breasts, which move when touched. These tumors which occur in varied sizes, may shrink or expand with time. Diagnosing through biopsies and treatment by surgeries are commonly employed for such a condition.
Types of Fibroadenomas
Fibroadenomas are of two types: simple fibroadenomas and complex fibroadenomas. The simple tumors are usually harmless and almost look the same under the lens of a microscope. On the other hand, the complex tumors are comprised of macro cysts (large fluid-filled sacs) and calcifications (deposits of calcium) which can slightly increase the chance of breast cancer.
What is the primary cause of Fibroadenomas?
Doctors aren't able to pinpoint the chief cause of fibroadenomas, but they have reasons to believe that the condition may pertain to the reproductive hormones. The condition may occur during pregnancy or during the use of hormone therapy, owing to which, the tumors may increase in size. The tumors are usually seen to shrink postmenopause, when the hormone levels start to dwindle. You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
Fibroadenomas are apparent and you may be able to detect them even without a doctor. The marble like tumor within your breasts are usually:
- Rubbery and elastic
- Easily movable
These tumors can range from being too small to as big as 3 inches or more in diameter. These lumps, which are usually harmless may be a cause of concern if they start to grow or change. Consulting a doctor is duly advised in such cases.
Risks: Fibroadenomas, only in the rarest cases, increase the likelihood of breast cancer. A complex fibroadenoma comprising of cysts or thick tissues called calcifications may aggravate your condition. Causes of concern could be if the tumor pains, a family history of cancer or an event of a questionable biopsy report. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.