Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shanthala S
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shanthala SYour feedback matters!
Recent scan of mine Shows A small heterogeneously hypoechoic SOL measuring 19×14 mm is noted subserosaly along the posterior wall of uterus. How long time it will take to increase fibroid size. What are the complication? And we are planning for a baby Please suggest the cure for it and can it Effect my pregnancy? Is there any difficulty in conceiving?? & medication prescribed by doctor is appropriate??
Hi mam, I had a medical abortion in October. I had my first period soon after abortion on Nov 29 till Dec 3rd. I am supposed to get my second period at the end of this month but I didn't get yet. Am also feeling nauseous and today I had heavy fainting sensation or dizziness. Am very much feared so pls help me out.
I am 23 years old lady. suffering from pcos. Doctor advised me to take dronis 30. Bt it makes me worse due to vomiting abdominal cramp. Should I continue medicine?
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a medical procedure that side-steps the sexual act of conceiving and helps infertile couples, conceive a biological child. It involves the manual process of fertilization by combining an egg and sperm in the laboratory and then implanting the embryo into the female to impregnate her.
A number of factors play an important role in the success of the procedure and some of them are:
- Lifestyle habits: Certain lifestyle factors can significantly affect your prospects of getting pregnant through this route. Smoking can reduce your prospect of success using this procedure by about 50%. It can cause you to have lesser number of eggs retrieved during the procedure while increasing instances of miscarriages. Likewise, obesity, alcohol use, consumption of excessive caffeine and drugs can adversely affect your chances of getting pregnant using IVF.
- Embryo status: Embryos that are better developed with good grade stand a higher chance of experiencing success than less developed embryos. More importantly, not every embryo is able to survive the development process.
- The age at which you get pregnant: A factor that plays a role in influencing your chances of experiencing success in your IVF procedure is the age at which you opt for this procedure. The lower your age, the chances that you may get pregnant and deliver a healthy child using your own eggs witness an increase. On the other hand, if you're aged 41 and above, or your egg reserve is very low donor eggs are the most preferred option as they help to increase your prospects of meeting a success.
- Cause of Infertility: If your supply of eggs is normal, success rate using IVF is high. Women who suffer from the problem of endometriosis experience lesser chances of getting pregnant than women who have unexplained fertility.
- Reproductive history: IVF success rate chances are higher if you've delivered a baby previously using IVF.
Dr, my periods are irregular from starting. Now I am 30 years married. And want to conceive. Whenever I took regestrone 5 mg then only the periods starts. I am trying to conceive from last year.in october I stopped regestrone 5 mg. After that my periods come in January 2017 for 1 and half day only.
Hi all, I have used clomid for ovulation I got one follicle at left ovary means one matured egg gone for IUI. LMP is 23 Rd November. Today is 10 th day of missed period. I went for ultra scan thy are able to see two different sacs. They said one baby confirmed. Abt second one had to wait one more week. My doubt is I had only one egg how come two baby's.is that twins or gestational sac.
Hi, One of my cousin married few years back, still they do not have baby, both are physically fine, could you please suggest some good medication or solution. They are trying lot and they want baby.
How to start:
If you have been practising yoga already, you can continue during your pregnancy. However, if you are planning to start yoga as a form of exercise during pregnancy, it is ideal to do so in the second trimester. Yoga can be performed once a week or every day. The duration can range from 5 to 60 minutes per session. Follow these guidelines while practising yoga:
✓ Listen to your body carefully. If you feel any discomfort, stop. You will probably need to modify each pose as your body changes.
✓ Avoid lying on your back after the first trimester; it can reduce blood circulation to the uterus.
✓ Avoid poses that stretch the muscles too much. You are more at risk for strains, pulls and other injuries right now because of the pregnancy hormone relaxin, which softens and relaxes joints and connective tissue.
✓ From the second trimester – when your centre of gravity starts to shift – do all standing poses with your heel against the wall or use a chair for support, to avoid losing your balance and risking injury to yourself or your baby. Here is the most comprehensive second trimester dos and don’ts for you to follow.
✓ While twisting, move from the shoulders and back, rather than the waist, to avoid putting pressure on your abdomen. Twist only as far as it feels comfortable – deep twists are not advisable in pregnancy. Here are three simple exercises that can boost blood circulation during pregnancy.
1. Palm tree
Imagine you are a palm tree swaying in the wind.
Benefit: This pose stretches and strengthens the torso
Stand upright, raise your arms overhead and interlock your fingers.
Now stretch slowly and gently to the right and then the left, imitating the swaying movement of a palm tree.
2. Modified triangle pose
Can you position your body in such a way that it forms three triangles?
Benefit: This pose regulates the digestive system and massages internal organs like the liver.
Stand with your feet wide apart and arms extended at shoulder level parallel to the floor.
Stretch your left hand overhead and bend down to the right side and touch your knee. Look up at your left hand.
Return to starting position and switch sides.
3. Modified forward bend
Reach forward with your hands, with a chair for support.
Benefit: This pose stretches the back and legs.
Stand tall in front of a chair.
Lift your arms and reach towards the chair; press your palms on the chair. Keep your back straight and bend from your hips. Hold.
Return to standing position.
4. Seated twist
Twist to the right and then to the left, to improve the mobility of the spine.
Benefit: This pose stretches the spine, improves digestion and relieves constipation.
Sit with your legs stretched out in front of you. Bend your right knee and take the right foot over the left knee.
Bring the left arm and elbow over the right knee. Keep your right hand behind you on the fl oor for support. Now twist your torso to the right and turn your head back.
Return to starting position and switch sides.
5. Cat-camel pose
Imitate a cat and then a camel. Arch your spine like a cat and then lift it up like the hump of a camel.
Benefit: releases spinal stress
Get down on all fours on your mat. Place your hands directly below your shoulders. Now lift your tailbone up towards the ceiling so that your lower back is concave. As you do this your head will lift up naturally towards the ceiling.
Now round your back like the hump of a camel and roll your head towards your chest. Make the movements as fluid as possible.
6. Butterfly pose
Imitate a butterfly.
Benefit: Increases mobility of the hip joints and stretches the inner thigh.
Sit with your legs outstretched on the mat. Bend your knees and bring your feet in as close as possible, towards you. Bring the soles of your feet together.
Keep your spine straight and gently move your legs down and up, resembling the movement of a butterfly as it flaps its wings.
7. The modified corpse
You need to relax in order to feel rejuvenated.
Lie on your left side; place a pillow between your legs and below your head for support.
Close your eyes and relax your mind.
To make the poses more comfortable, use blankets, pillows, cushions and chairs for support if you need them. For instance, you can perform seated positions on a folded blanket. If maintaining an erect spine is difficult, lean against a wall for support. Also, breathing the correct way during pregnancy is vital, here are a few breathing exercises you can practise for better oxygen intake.
Follow these tips while performing the yoga asanas:
• Yoga can be practised anywhere – indoors or outdoors. Just make sure it is a calm and quiet environment with adequate ventilation.
• Yoga gear should be comfortable, convenient and simple. All you need is loose, comfortable clothing and a yoga mat, rug, blanket or carpet.
• Hold each yoga pose for 10 to 60 seconds.
• Set aside a fixed time for yoga.
• If you have never tried yoga before, first learn the different poses under supervision. Start slowly and relax for 2 to 3 minutes after every asana if required.
• Yoga can be performed once a week or every day. The duration can range from 5 minutes to 60 minutes per session.
• Never force your body into a stretch or pose. Regular practice will make seemingly impossible poses more accessible.
• If you feel any pain or nausea, stop and contact your doctor immediately.