Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Shankar RajaramanYour feedback matters!
I am 44 years old male suffering from depression since last four year. Kindly advise to get rid of it.
I am smoking and drinking last 2year 2-3 in a week, 2-3 days I have sir dard, fever all body parts pain, my noise also closed, khansi please suggest me.
How to quit smoking I had tried various methods such as nicorate 4 what should I do? please help me I had heartburn due to smoking and sometimes lots of sweat headache nevervournes.
I'm 31 years old man, I'm having smocking for last 3 years, so please help avoid this smocking, please solve my problem.
I am 25, female, before 2 years I was a victim of substance abuse, I do not know what was that, it was mixed in an ice cream, and when I ate it, I felt very cold in the nerves of my head till top and he moved my head to right side, and then I became like a body, I do not remember much, also I am facing memory problems now, I can't remember most things which I did today or yesterday or even before an hour. A doctor asked me to have nexito tablets - 5 mg, 10 mg then 15 mg. Now I am taking 10 mg, but sometimes I discontinue it. I FEEL DISCONNECTED MOST OF THE TIMES, MAYBE I HAVE FORGOT MOST THINGS OF MY PAST, THAT'S WHY, ALSO I AM FACING PROBLEMS LIKE COORDINATION, NOT WHILE MOVING, BUT LIKE WHILE I DRESS, OR DO ANY TASK, LIKE THE PART JOINING THE LEFT SIDE OF HEAD AND RIGHT SIDE OF HEAD PAINS, IN THE NERVES AND THE CENTER OF THE HEAD INCLUDING RIGHT EYEBROWS, I face problems implementing any task, I am unable to awake in the morning also sleep on time, like the brain is not working properly, I do not even remember what I studied earlier, maybe the nerves joining both sides of brain are affected, could you please suggest me what medicines to take, not painkillers like ibuprofen, I want medicines to improve my memory also what should I eat to heal the nerves affected? I think it was marijuana and many things mixed in that ice cream, also is there any way through which I may recall things related to studies which I studied earlier before eating that drug?
Friendship is the fuel that keeps life interesting. Imagine a robotic life where you do not have anyone with whom you can chill or unwind at the end of the day. Friends are people with whom you can be yourself without having to worry about needs and requirements or judgements, at least most of the time. They are the layer that lies between your family and the rest of the world and provide you with a balance of sorts as far as insights, outsider perspective, advice for meeting challenges and unadulterated enjoyment go.
But many times, extreme shyness and an introvert nature can stop people from making friends easily. So how can you initiate friendships and keep them close? Here are a few tips!
- Understand Shyness: First of all, understand why you may be shy and how it makes your brain work. Shyness strips you of your security when you are faced with a new place or face. Also, it can lead to dismissive or avoidant behaviour, which keeps us from approaching people and learning more about them. Also, it keeps us anxious and preoccupied and makes us think that we will be met with rejection if we try to initiate friendship. Sounds vaguely familiar? Read on to know more.
- Eye Contact and First Impressions: The first way to initiate a new friendship is by making eye contact and following it up with a smile before the person in question averts his or her gaze. This is an unspoken language that is almost always answered similarly.
- Greeting: You can now approach the person and start by saying hello. It may be someone whom you have been seeing on your way to class or in the office cafeteria or even someone who lives in your building. So chances are, that this person would have noticed you too. Introduce yourself and ask for the person's name.
- Acknowledgement: Use the person's name often to show that you are acknowledging the friendship and ensuring that a bond begins to settle between the two of you from the word go. Offer to introduce this new friend to your other friends as further acknowledge of this new friendship.
- Information: In a new friendship, it is crucial to find common grounds without breaking the barriers of privacy. So ensure that you ask neutral questions about hobbies, family, education, work and other such issues without asking the when, where, what and how of things that might have to be explained by sharing personal details. In this way the person in front becomes more comfortable.
Be aware of the reasons that stop you and build your confidence when it comes to approaching people for friendship!