Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. ShankarYour feedback matters!
In recent days nearly 6 months I got emotional or anxiety for very small things and at the time I am unable to breath and it was severe effect in the throat region for what it is happening?
Sir I was suffering from memory loss. After reading some article I nothing gone summarize. So suggest me for that. Thank you.
I am not able to sleep at night and fell deep sleep after 4 am. I feel drowsy and have memory issues recently. I am also not able to concentrate.
Always I feel some sorts of mental anxiety, unknown fear, tension. Especially in the crowd. Because from childhood I have grown up like a lonely boy. In house I feel well. But outside I feel uncomfortable. How can I get rid of it?
I don't have remember anything. Even I try to increase my brain power. But I can't. So what should I do?
I am 28 year old. One day at night I was taking dinner, suddenly I fill lightheaded for second. I was afraid and run to doctor, I was very anxious, doctor took my BP it was 140/80. So he give me medicine and I took it. My BP normally near 120/80. So after that I am very scared to take blood pressure. Next day went to one of my friend who is doctor he check my BP and told that it is 120/80. So after that time whenever I go tto doctor clinic I scare to see BP machine. And my BP always see 140/80. I have also anxiety problem and I am taking medicine for it. I am very scare of blood pressure because it affect to heart. I also have fear of heart diseases, diabetic etc.
I am student from last few days I cannot concentrate on my studies while studying my mind thinking of other things .please suggest me which vitamins deficiency causes this situation.
Hi doctor I need help. Actually tabacum 200 cc is for stop chewing gutkha and smoking. So I want to know any other best ayurvedic medicine. To stop chew gutkha and. Presently I stopped chewing gutkha but. From 4 years im chewing gutkha. I do not knw how much stock it was there in my stomach. So how to remove that gutkha from my stomach. Please need help.
Worked in Dubai for 9 years and now back to india but working in low salary and on top of that handling lots of humiliation and work burden. Cant adjust in this situation and in house also too much money pressure to handle and give answer to all about salary matter. Kindly help to maintain my balance in mind and also too much confuse to what to do and what not do in solving all this issue. Cant sleep and indulge in too much thinking.
Dear doctors, over thinking and confusion are also called stress? Is Over thinking or confusion also called stress?
I am 25 years old and married lady, I am suffering from epilepsy for last 9 years I have completed my 3 years course of (tegrital cr 200 mg) I took 2.6 years and dropped, after 2 months I got fit and then take prescription from neurologist at forte hospital they again prescribe tegrital cr 300 mg twice in a day but it is impossible to take two time medicine due to I was student at college so I take only once at night. Then change Doctor and prescribed various medicine still I am taking tegrital cr 300 mg (Once in a day at night) but have fear if I stop medicine I got fit as I am working women I cannot dropped completely these medicine. But I really wants to cure completely.
Hi I am unable to remembered things in daily life I am so forgotten person. My all friends laugh at me please help me with that. Please help me.
Everyone gets worried and anxious now and then. However, for some people, anxiety is a constant companion, which is not at all normal. Anxiety disorders can interfere with your day to day life and should be treated as a mental illness. Anxiety disorders can be treated as long as they are diagnosed early enough.
There are many types of anxiety disorders, including:
- Panic disorders: Frequent panic attacks that make a person sweat excessively, have palpitations and feel as though they were choking are characteristic signs of panic disorders. People suffering from this disorder may equate their experience to that of having a heart attack.
- Social anxiety disorder: This is also known as social phobia. Patients suffering from this disorder are extremely self-conscious in social situations and constantly worry about how they are perceived by others. This makes them seem very quiet and introverted.
- Generalised anxiety disorder: Some people can have anxiety attacks even without a trigger factor. In such cases, they are said to be suffering from generalised anxiety disorder. This condition is marked by unrealistic worries and tensions.
- Phobias: Phobias of fear of specific situations or objects are another common type of anxiety disorder. Depending on the severity of the phobia, it can affect the daily lifestyle of a person. For example, a person with a fear of heights may not be able to go to work if his office is on the 10th floor of a building.
Some of the characteristic symptoms of anxiety disorders are:
Though the exact cause of anxiety is not known, exposure to stress and surroundings of a person play an important role in triggering this condition. Chronic stress can reprogram nerve connections that regulate emotional responses in the brain. Anxiety disorders may also be passed on from parent to child genetically.
- Anxiety disorders cannot be prevented, but they can be treated and managed through medication and psychotherapy. The exact course of treatment depends on the type of anxiety disorder being treated.
- Antidepressants, anticonvulsant medication and antipsychotics are often used to reduce the symptoms of anxiety disorders. Using a combination of psychotherapy and cognitive behavioural therapy, the patient may be taught how to recognise thought patterns and triggers that cause anxiety and how to deal with them.
- Meditation and other forms of relaxation therapy can also help calm a person down during an anxiety attack. Further, making a few lifestyle changes that limit exposure to stress can help manage anxiety resulting from it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.