Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shankar
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. ShankarYour feedback matters!
Actually I am suffering from headache. I think this is due to my excessive study pressure and depression. What must I do to over come it? Please sir help me.
My mother in law is behaving like as she is having any mental issues. But sometimes she talks normally. Especially in property and money matter. If we speak. She use to be very normal. But if we say now you speak very normally in a fraction of second she use to talk like childish or her voice also grumbles in between. Is she really having any mental problem or she is acting.
How to come out with depression. I am badly suffering from this. Feeling fear to come in front of grps. Feeling laziness all the time. having no interest towards any work. Also interest towards sex. And I am also suffering from ghat rog. Kindly suggest any beneficial suggestion to come out all of this. Penis is also so weak .strongness of penis is affected.
I am 31 years old and I am smoking cigarettes from 14 years including weed did not had a good childhood, I don't get firm erections I think I would not be able to have good sexlife with my wife, I am the eldest in my family I have two younger brothers my father and mother wants me to get married they already began searching please help me doctor I am worried and I m going into depression I want to quit all this but no matter how hard I am trying its just not happening I am addicted please help show me some way doctor I come from a very disturbed family background and been lonely from 12 yrs now I sometimes think I am gone mad that I have some psychic problems.
I have stammering problem only when I give some seminar or orientation. So can I take propranolol? If so when or any other solution? Plzz help.
Relationships are either delicate or strong, depending upon the bonding you share with your partner. The bonding depends on various factors. Some of the most essential ones being emotional attachment, friendliness, sense of ease, mental compatibility and a feeling of sustained emotional support from the relationship. This is applicable to all relationships; be it a relationship with your spouse, a parental relation with your children, a relationship with your friends, relatives, etc.
However, it is a common factor that every relationship requires a definite level of friendship, understanding and trust to sustain. However, sometimes you may find eventual signs of distance or detachment, which could be signals of potential violence in the relationship.
- Sense of complete possession: This is a vital factor that intricately works behind initiating violence in relationships. Possessiveness is a form of extreme emotional condition. A sense of possessiveness lies in every relation. However, over possessiveness leads you to restrict your loved one to share his love with anyone else. It can even be severe when you may even dislike your loved one talking to anyone else. Therefore, it may lead to eventual abuse or violence in the relationship.
- Distrust: Trust and belief are essential elements in any relation. If you tend to lose trust on someone, you can hardly be normal in the relationship. Disbelief results in doubt and continued doubt and resistance lead you to react violently. If you constantly disbelief a person, you are ought to react out of your general personality sometime.
- Abuse: Use of abusive language may be a strong indication of emerging distance in a relation. A person indulges in using abusive language out of anger and frustration, both of which could be major signals of potential violence in the near future. Both abusive language and physical violence are considered as forms of violence. Therefore, initial signs of abuses should be considered immediately.
- Dominance: In every relationship where two persons are involved, you will usually find any one of them to be dominant. However, that is acceptable until the dominance is within a certain limit. However, if it crosses the limits of patience and acceptability, it may sometimes result in violence.
- Short temper Attitude: If any one of the involved persons in the relationship is short tempered, it will definitely be a lead reason of miscommunication or insufficient communication. Short tempered individuals are mostly characterised with low patience. If you do not have patience, you can never offer understanding. And above that, short-tempered attitude can be an additional disadvantage. These types of individuals fail to control their anxiety and can often be violent in relationships. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Meri ek girl friend .2 saal say meri ussay baat ho rhe hai .but kabhi milay nhi hai. Last usnay colg join kiya. Uska ek friend bna. .fir. Sbbkuch normal tha .hmlog sb happily baat krtay thay .but. Uska friends bhaut jyda close ho gya .hrr cheej batanay lga .meri gf ko .ke meri size itta .dono gali MAY be baat Krnay lgay .mtlb bhaut jyda close ho gye .hrr jagha meri gf ke pic lgana. Usko raat Kay 2bjay msg krna .I miss you .phailay meri gf ko meri sari baat acche lgte the .abb meri sari baat khrab lgnay lge hai .hmse jyda baat be nhi krte hai .agr krte hai to .bhaut jldi chle jate hai .yaa fir gussa ho Jate hai .wo sirf usse he baat krna pasand krte hai .call krta hu .to bhaut he rudely baat krte hai. Alg alg trha kaa excuse Dena .har time mere say jb bhi baat hote hai to .sirf apni friend ke baat krayge. Agr usko kuch bol detay hai to .bhaut gussa krte hai .hrr kosis krr dala lekin kuch be sahi nhi ho rha hai. Wo jo be bol day sbb sahi hota hai .meri sari baat khrab lgte hai.In sbka kya mtlb huwa .or bhaut jyda depress may .hai .plzz help me.
Here are reasons, symptoms and management of anxiety
Hi I'm Dr. Priyanka Srivastava, a psychologist practicing in Noida in Lybrate. Today let's understand the concept of anxiety because anxiety nowadays is been seen among all class of people. One is generally getting anxious on small pity situations. If you are getting anxious or a small situations or normal situations, if you're anxious and not being able to manage your day-to-day life situations, if you are anxious and having headaches, insomnia and not being able to manage your situations, then surely you are suffering from anxiety disorders.
These are the signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders-
The common symptoms are fear and insomnia. So let us understand what are the emotional symptoms and physical symptoms that generally an anxious person feel. The emotional symptoms generally there is a problem with concentration. Secondly, people are generally overly tensed. Thirdly feeling restlessness and irritability is another sign when you are anxious. Fourthly feeling mentally blank at times, that a person is mentally blank on many situations. Fifthly always anticipating the worst to happen in any situation.
Now, what are the physical symptoms that one encounter during the anxious state of mind. Number one that is a pounding heart. The heartbeat increases. Number two is excessive sweating. There's lot of sweating is on one's body. The third is there is a breathing problem. The fourth is there is a disease stomach or an upset stomach. The fifth is there is a severe headache and fatigue. There is a disease are this emotional and physical symptoms in an individual now how to rectify with symptoms number one is one should start with some mindfulness activities like meditation or yoga one should not stop moving alone in situations one should move in a social gathering so that this anxiety is lower down thirdly one should stop having caffeine or coffee after the lunch time so that anxiety is lower down because it caffeine the anxiety triggers up so these are the things which need to be followed when an individual is an anxious state of mind.
For more details and further consultation, you may contact me online or offline mode to lybrate.com. Thank you.