Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shankar Lingaya
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shankar LingayaYour feedback matters!
I am a 32 years unmarried men nd will be getting married soon. Please suggest some medicines to stop pre ejaculation fluid apart frm kegel exercises. Please help.
I have acidity problems lot of pain. Leaver pain vary much problems come out. That why I am not eating properly. My health is down. Lat of doctor checkup but not satisfied give me suggestion.
My wife is 60 years old. Her kharrate r disturbing whole family. To stop kharrate what to do.( Snoring problem. Please suggest to stop snoring.)
I have a fracture in my heel. It's been 2 months and I haven't walked. For how many more days /weeks should I keep myself from walking? It was non surgical fracture.
Why im I getting headache when I see computers for more than 5 hrs earlier I was using desktops for 12 hrs.
I have a problem of masturbation for few times I am noticing that there are many have come on my body.
I'm Masturbating since my age 14 frequently like 365 times in 365 daysNow I'm 21y 8months WEIGHT 75KGS HEIGHT 6ft like i'm practising it from 7 years. I did smoking from age 18 to 20. I'm a chain smoker in those 2 years I quit smoking. I do drink alcohol. Now I am aware that it causes impotence, E. D and semen reduction. So I decided to stop and stopping it, my fear is how much damage did I DONE and is there any cure and retreat damage to normal condition? I don't have any problems till to date with my penis like unusual leakage of semen etc. Scientists and Doctors who have knowledge Kindly please share.
I am suffering from ear infection and discharge from it. Please suggest good ear drops. Thanks in advance.
Piles are the tortuous veins which bulge out in the anal canal. There are so many factors responsible for this engorgement of the anal veins. The most common cause is chronic constipation. In such condition patients have to strain for defecation which puts pressure on the veins leading to congestion & engorgement.
When these veins get ruptured by passing hard stools or due to straining it initiates characteristic painless bleeding. Bleeding may be in the form of fresh blood drops or spurts of fresh blood. At this stage bleeding is the only symptom that patients complain of. This is known as 1st degree hemorrhoid. When these congested rectal veins increase in size, the pile mass may protrude out during defecation. After passing stool, the pile mass reduces by itself and sometimes patients have to reduce the pile mass manually. This stage is labeled as 2nd degree piles. When these pile masses further increase in size they may protrude out during walking or sitting etc this is known as third degree piles.
Types of piles-
Piles also known as hemorrhoids are dilated, engorged veins carrying blood in the anal canal. In simpler words, these are dilated blood veins that are located near the areas of anus. Piles are mainly of two types in nature namely
1. Internal hemorrhoids and
2. External hemorrhoids.
The internal ones are more common in occurrence in the human body than the external ones. Most often, these appear around two centimeters above the opening in the anal canal. As the name suggests, the external piles occurs on the outside area of anus. Whereas the internal piles are present inside the anal canal. Here are different stages of internal piles.
- In First stage patient complains of painless bleeding during defecation.
- In 2nd stage- There is painless bleeding along with mass protruding out per rectum during defecation which gets reduced by itself or manual reduction is necessary.
- In 3rd stage; pile mass could not be reduced back or if reduced by force; these come out even on coughing, walking or sitting.
- Some classify piles differently as when manual reduction is required; it is the 3rd stage while when pile mass is not reducible; it is the 4th stage of internal piles.
Symptoms of piles-
Following are the symptoms commonly seen in patients of Piles:.
- Blood drops with the passage of stool. Blood spurts may also be noticed while passing stools.
- Moreover, there are instances when there is unbearable itchiness around the anus specialty in ext. piles.
- A soft mass or lump may be noticed coming out through anus during passing stools which is reduced spontaneously & if it is large in size then it may be manually inserted back in the anus.
- Acute cases when the pile masses get infected or inflamed there may be symptoms of acute pain
Treatment of piles without surgery!!!
Yes; It is possible to treat piles without having to undergo the knife of doctor. Ayurveda is well known for treatment of piles without surgery.
A. In the first stage of piles, Kshar Karma therapy (application some kshar or medicine on the pile mass that cause shrinking of the mass) is performed which leads to arrest of the bleeding & regression of the pile mass. No surgery is required.
B. In the second & third stage of piles, the pile mass is ligated by the Ksharsutra as an opd procedure. After ligation pile mass shed off in some days. Usually hospitalization or bed rest is not required & patients can go home after the treatment. It is not advisable to ignore the problem as it will only aggravate with time. Earlier is always better to treat pile. Even at first stage; it is very important to see the doctor because the blood loss during passing stools may lead to anemia. .
Home remedies for Piles
1. Piles are the resultant of putting too much strain while defecation or sitting too long for defecation. So these should be avoided.
2. Avoid fast foods, spicy and too much oily foods.
3. Increase consumption of fibrous foods like green leafy vegetables, fruits and salads;
4. Increase intake of fluids and butter milk etc.
5. You should exercise regularly.
6. If the pile mass protrude out during defecation these should be reduced and it is better to keep them inside.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!